Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Dragon breeding thread  (Read 1270 times)

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Dragon breeding thread
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:59 am »

What i'm trying to do is cause a "dragonsplosion" during world gen and due to either confusing previous threads on similar subjects or more likely my incompetence I haven't had any luck. My sub questions are:

1) How do I get lots of dragons initially? My understanding was high titan number plus few megabeast caves so dragons are more likely to meet and breed.
2) How do I get lots of baby dragons?
3)Am I going to handle this much fun? :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dragon breeding thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:15:18 am »

High titan number won't do anything with dragons, since high titan number only affects titans I.E the procedurally generated megabeasts.

You want high caves.

For lots of baby dragons, give them a larger clutch size.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dragon breeding thread
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:35:36 am »

What i'm trying to do is cause a "dragonsplosion" during world gen and due to either confusing previous threads on similar subjects or more likely my incompetence I haven't had any luck. My sub questions are:

1) How do I get lots of dragons initially? My understanding was high titan number plus few megabeast caves so dragons are more likely to meet and breed.
2) How do I get lots of baby dragons?
3)Am I going to handle this much fun? :D

Masterwork mod allows tame dragons to be occasionally available in trade caravans. Go full econ so you can afford a few. They are pretty common from drow traders if you request them.