Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition  (Read 34377 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: American Politics Edition
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:26 pm »

DAMMIT MAN! this is no time to talk to the enemy, we need to ready all troops and get ground to air missiles in every major city in America!
Perhaps, but not so fast... We need to get our troops ready, however talking could work.
First priority: Get Ground to Air missiles into Washington and get the president into the bunker!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 12:03:38 am »

I am certain that we will have to fight these monsters someday, but perhaps we can delay the inevitable?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 02:26:36 am »

Take all precautions.  Have every single satellite, drone or any other government observation gizmo trained on any alien activity.     

I have plans, but since we're only limited to one action, this is going to be slow going...just like in real life! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »

Prepare opening diplomatic message to the aliens. Set a peaceful, but professional tone.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »

Awaiting MonkeyHead's action...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 08:07:58 am »

Offer a broadcasted invite to the Aliens indicating an intent to set up cultural and diplomatic exchange programs.

((Sorry for the delay, been on a stag do!))
This is a blank sig.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »

Turn 1

Try to find a way to broadcast messages to the aliens.

5-1=4: You call up a buddy from NASA and ask him about broadcasting messages to outer space. He tells you that they have some equipment that might work, but they never got a chance to test it due to huge budget cuts. You ignore the accusatory tone in his voice and ask him to bring it over to Capitol Hill ASAP.

DAMMIT MAN! this is no time to talk to the enemy, we need to ready all troops and get ground to air missiles in every major city in America!

2+2=4: You dial up the Secretary of Defense and ask him about readying the troops and setting up missile defenses in major cities. He tells you that he'll talk to the President and Joint Chiefs of Staff about it, but no promises.

First priority: Get Ground to Air missiles into Washington and get the president into the bunker!

1-1=0: You run around screaming "GET MISSILES INTO THE PRESIDENT AND WASHINGTON INTO THE BUNKER!" People look at you funny.

Take all precautions.  Have every single satellite, drone or any other government observation gizmo trained on any alien activity.

5-1=4: All the satellites and drones are watching for alien activity. Bill Clinton talks excitedly while looking through a pair of binoculars. He says he sees alien activity! You remind him that Colombian prostitutes are not the right kind of aliens to be watching and call the Secret Service members in the hotel across the street, telling them to get their asses back to work.

Prepare opening diplomatic message to the aliens. Set a peaceful, but professional tone.

1+1=2: "HEY ALIEN DUDES LET'S PARTY AND STUFF!"

Offer a broadcasted invite to the Aliens indicating an intent to set up cultural and diplomatic exchange programs.

1+2=3: "Greetings, aliens. Let us get to know each other by experiencing each other's culture. We will send you our finest Colombian prostitutes. Please send us some hot females of your kind."

Luckily, the broadcasting equipment isn't here from NASA yet for you to send that message.

A massive trailer pulls up in front of Capitol Hill. It opens up to reveal some very-expensive-looking broadcasting equipment from NASA.

4.5 hours remain...

So, I decided to be a bit loose with the definitions of combat and non-combat rolls. If it's anything involving fighting or getting ready to fight, it's a combat roll. Everything else is non-combat.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »

Get mah on da waitlast.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »

Yes. Use broadcasting equipment to transmit offer to party. This will allow us to know each other better. Refreshments will be provided, as a gesture of goodwill.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:56:17 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »

Yes. Use broadcasting equipment to transmit offer to party. This will allow us to know each other better. Refreshments will be provided, as a gesture of goodwill.
Good idea! I have a better one!

Offer the ISS as the venue for this party!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 01:59:12 am »

PTW
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 03:12:07 am »

Broadcast an offer to the Visitors (Aliens sounds so... harsh) of a choice of territory for them to set up a permanent base on Earth/Moon depending on thier environmental preferences. A base would make it so much easier to have meaningful exchange between our peoples.
This is a blank sig.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:35 am »

Gather every single authority on alien knowledge in the U.S.  If there are premiere scholars ( who study aliens ) abroad, try to get them into the country, legally, preferably.  We will need every single scrap of information there is on aliens in general.  We must learn how to fight them ( if the need arises ), and getting people who can and want to study them is a good step.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 04:30:37 am »

Broadcast begin: "Dear alien scum, state your intentions on the great nation of America or prepare to be fired upon. You have one hour to return a message to us before all preparations are made to destroy you.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

Awaiting borno's action for Turn 2. This should be very interesting, regardless of how the dice land.

Also, NRDL, thank you for letting me do what I'm going to do on Turn 2.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:54:32 pm by Mego »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12