Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Are we done? (Achievement: Orb has Completed 2 LPs)
- 3 (42.9%)
Or Shall we Continue our Conquest and Grind our Enemies to Dust(and then harvest it)?
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Endless Space LP - Update 8: Turns 97-103  (Read 8552 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 2: Turns 10-21
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 03:34:27 pm »

The only economic hero I went with was corporate. Mostly boring attributes that give minor benefits, and trade routes. Since I couldn't get a positive relation with anyone, it was mostly useless in my eyes.

I'll have to try an administrator later on.
Corporate is considered useless currently.

Administrators can get +25 approval, +25 industry and +20% industry after the first labor skill. At 2 labor skill they can get +20 food and +30 food if they took the first food bonus.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 2: Turns 10-21
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:08 pm »

Now, with the higher resolution images, would you guys prefer the old or the new images?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 3: Turns 22-34
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:45 am »

New.  Nice update, you seem to be surrounded by the ES equivalent of Klingons.  Good luck. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 07:07:41 am »

I dont really see a difference between the new and the old images.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33:00 pm »

New.  Nice update, you seem to be surrounded by the ES equivalent of Klingons.  Good luck.

My plan is to just outlast them. They have excellent military, but their research rate is slower. Simply put, the longer the game goes, the better off I am.

Where will my fleets go? Well, there is that Craver threat. The Cravers gain research from killing enemy ships. If I destroy their fleets, they won't be as much of a threat late game. One time I let the Cravers go unchecked, and they had tech several levels higher than me. I got owned.  :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

Since there was a tie, I'll just go with the lower quality images. Allows faster upload.

Spoiler: Update 4: Turns 35-45 (click to show/hide)

So, thoughts? Ideas? I said I would be mostly playing this to my style, to reduce the amount of images needed, but ideas from a different perspective are always nice. This won't probably be a comp stomp, so I'll definitely need help.

Also, 23 turns until a new hero arrives. Hopefully it will be an administrator. I may purchase a hero in the mean time, but I need all the dust I can save for retrofits.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 4: Turns 35-45
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »

Yeah, I can't exactly play the game, but theory crafting from watching a bit makes me want to suggest aiming a bit more strongly for industry boosts over most things, at least insofar as that FISD stuff goes. Aiming research at static industry boosts for your smaller/less I capable systems might be a thing.

The big thing I've noticed with ES industry is that it's very versatile, which makes it a good go-to resource. Being able to swap it at 50% efficiency for dust or research just makes it very easy to adjust to needs rather than be stuck with a specialized resource and, naturally, having a nice huge chunk sitting around means you can produce ships or improvements more or casually. I'm not too sure how useful dust is, except for countering upkeep and those cards, which is useful enough but not exactly overtly game winning at first blush. Food and science are what they are, but food's benefit seems to mostly cap when the system's full and science's benefits are less... immediate. Industry is the gift that keeps on giving, and there seems to be some easily accessible early research for it.

More isotope refineries where possible, basically, and then that administrator if it shows up. If it doesn't... can you just invest in the +labour ability and be able to sink some ability points into the static bonii industry/food abilities? If so... maybe. Supercharging early colonization would be a major benefit, and +25 industry in an early system is tremendous, from what I've observed.

Other than that... maybe some fleet consolidation? Efficiency is good, i.e. using one defender to take out multiply pirates, but a little more lopsided odds in your favor might help reduce attrition. Not sure how effective passive repair is, though, or what active methods are available (outside that card, anyway).

Still. Can't play the game, so actual perspective is lacking. Only other thing that tempts my neurons is nabbing up more strategic/luxury stuff -- empire wide bonuses are kinda' nice (and expand their effect going forward!) and I noticed there's a few colonizable systems left saying they've got somethin' in them.

Anyway. Interested in watching going forward. Only 4x I've really got access to right now is star ruler, and it's kinda' kicking my ass (but oh, how sexy build astroid mining fleets is!), heh. ES looks a lot easier, which makes it relaxing to watch :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

Spoiler: Thoughts (click to show/hide)

--------

Unfortunately, I had a bit too much fun with this update and ended up with 60 images and went through about 20 turns. I didn't allocate myself enough time today to do the actual update, so it will likely be tomorrow.

However, here's a teaser:

Spoiler: Epic Fights to be had (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »

I think (for the other two LPs) there was a problem with waiting, since I'd been using lordcooper's thread as a reminder incase I forgot to update mine and I'm guessing he'd been doing the same thing.

Eitherway, having one LP going of it is still better than having two not going, so PTW.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 06:05:14 pm »

I hadn't moved the game window up most of this update, so enjoy my task bar.

Spoiler: Update 5: Turns 46-61 (click to show/hide)

Thoughts, comments, criticism, and so on, are welcome, as always.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 5: Turns 46-61
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 09:28:27 am »

Ionic crystal monopoly? Nice. Gotta love how ridicilous all the bonuses are in this game.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:27 pm »

Are you going to update the game to the beta, or keep running this version?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Are you going to update the game to the beta, or keep running this version?

With Steam, you can't play it without updating.

So I have to update. Will that break the save? I don't know. I'll find out soon.

Ionic crystal monopoly? Nice. Gotta love how ridicilous all the bonuses are in this game.

Hopefully that will be balanced. The combat and defense bonus ones are truly ridiculous.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

As far as I understood it, the beta was released as a seperate version of the game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:12:31 am by 10ebbor10 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 10:52:15 am »

Well, I finished updating. The save isn't broken, but everything updated. Only thing I notice so far is a fantastic UI update, which will help convey more information with less pictures, hopefully. I will be playing the update now, though I only have 2 hours available to me, so we'll see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3