Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Are we done? (Achievement: Orb has Completed 2 LPs)
- 3 (42.9%)
Or Shall we Continue our Conquest and Grind our Enemies to Dust(and then harvest it)?
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Endless Space LP - Update 8: Turns 97-103  (Read 8551 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 5: Turns 46-61
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 01:44:45 pm »

Doing a quick glance on the forums, an Alpha save shouldn't have any issues, but there were a lot of balancing changes.

For one, everyone is now much more unhappy. =/

Also, here's a picture of the slick new UI.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And if you scroll in, you can see what the systems are producing, the progress on the production, and if there are ships in their hanger. Overall, saves me a lot of work.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 02:25:04 pm »

The new UI is awesome. Makes dealing with a lot of systems way easier.

And yeah, everything now creates unhappyness. I think every system beyond the second(?) one gives 7.5 unhappyness and you start to get the crowded minus from 3+ people.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »

I have upped the image size. Thoughts? Would you prefer it this size or back to the old size, or maybe even larger?

Spoiler: Update 6: Turns 62-76 (click to show/hide)

If anyone has any idea on how to do trade, please let me know.

Thoughts, suggestions, critisism, and so on, are welcome, as always. Remember, I want feedback on the image size.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 6: Turns 62-76
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 05:45:05 pm »

Little smaller would be nice; this comp's cutting off the images just a pixel or two in from the right side of the u in 'end turn'. Can scroll over to see, but of course that'd mean scrolling alllll the way down to the bottom of the update, shifting over, scrolling alllllll the way up to the top, reading whatever, then reverting and starting over again. Or just ignoring whatever's happening to the right of the u, which is what I did :P

Re: Trade, found this. Dunno how (in)accurate it is for latest version, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »

Thanks Frumple. That helps a lot.

Also, apparently I didn't look at cruisers close enough. They give SUPPORT ARMOR tonnage reduction, which increases health. The next ship I unlock gives a reduction to defenses. Bleh.

I played a 20 turn update, so I'll write it up tomorrow.

We're reaching a point where our victory is guaranteed. I have made some initial plans to start a Multiplayer LP with Burnt Pies, most likely to follow our X-com LP's format. I may cut this short so we can start that up.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »

Unfortunately, there's no middle ground between the two image sizes, so I'll stick with the smaller ones for now.

Spoiler: Update 7: Turns 77-96 (click to show/hide)

So, I'll throw up a pole to see if you guys want to continue.

Also, I tried doing a test multiplayer game with Burnt. It failed. Apparently multiplayer is still fairly buggy. So I wouldn't be able to immediately follow this up with the multiplayer LP, at least for now.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Space LP - Update 7: Turns 77-96
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 01:43:54 pm »

Continue, but summarize your dealing of destruction!  :D

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »

This is not over.

I was either too busy or without internet. Our conquest shall most likely* continue momentarily.

*For some reason, the game won't 'finalize' one of the updates, therefore not letting me play. I'm going to try a few things, but if they don't work, I'll have to reinstall, which may destroy the saves.

"Edit" Well, it worked. I'll have an update either today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:53:40 pm by Orb »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:11 pm »

Spoiler: Update 8: Turns 97-103 (click to show/hide)

At this point the Craver are almost defeated, and we are way ahead of the pack. I'm going to have to pull OP rank here and stop it prematurely. If I grind through this(keeping constant production on 15 systems is tiresome), I'll be too worn out to start a Multiplayer LP. I'm going to check again later today if multiplayer is more stable. If so, I'll probably start the next LP within the week. There's still interest for that, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3]