Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Random Magic Generator RTD: Thread passed to Cerapa.  (Read 2663 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Random Magic Generator RTD: Thread passed to Cerapa.
« on: May 29, 2012, 12:11:06 pm »

See this thread. We will use this.

I don't have a lot of time nowadays and this is doomed to be a total wreck, so we'll have only 4 players. And this definitely won't be serious. I expect hilarity to ensue.

Plot: You are disciples of the Generimagic Academy. You are sent to a pocket dimension made to test your skills. Your goal is to retrieve the Sacred Crystal, which will mark you as an official mage. However since you are just newbies, you get really, really horrible useless spells.

System: Standard RTD rolls. You all have 10 mana. You regenerate 2 each turn. You may only use spells you memorized. When you join, I will let you pick 4 from 8 randomly generated spells. Since 99% are useless, this not as generous as it sounds. I will add a mana cost to each one for balance. Also, to make this more playable, I will make some spells usable on different targets rather than just yourself and have different statuses have different effect on gameplay.

Character form:

Name:
Bio:

Players:
-zomara0292
-10ebbor10
-dermonster
-freeformschooler

Waitlist:
-Ochita
-Caellath
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:23:30 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:06 pm »

Name: Ironside
Form: A metal plated golem. Has a single Eyestalk. Not very inclined to speak.
Bio: A remnant from an ancient era. Since the original spirit that powered it was long gone, it was used as the receptible for the soul a dying wizard. Sadly it seems much was lost in transit, including most of his memories and his emotions. Not that he was a very powerfull wizard anyway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:20:17 pm by 10ebbor10 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:16:02 pm »

Name: Freeform
Bio: Freeform is a dimension hopping time travel person who's become stuck in a specific time and place. Thankfully, this time and place includes real magic, even if he doesn't understand how to use it properly.

Spells:
(Waiting on spell list)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:28:15 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:18:55 pm »

Sure, why not.

Name: Derm (Of course)
Bio: Classical Derm. Has little to no motivation other than to run around blindly, gain power, and wreak havoc along the way.

hmm...

1  A thunderstorm begins out of nowhere for an hour.
2  It is chilly and frosty outside for the rest of the day. A thick fog rolls in for a week.
3  A torrential rain falls for the rest of the day.
4  Your navel turns golden and throbs in pain, then you turn into a catperson.
5  Your penis, if any, begins glowing, but only for a few minutes.
6  Your left ear has an orgasm for the rest of the day.
7  Your penis, if any, turns dark purple and falls off, then everyone can read your mind.
8  A thunderstorm begins out of nowhere and then you become an electric elemental.

What in the hell.

Uh, I'll take 8, 3, 4 and 2 I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:20:29 pm »

Name: Freeform

Spells:
At The End of the Rainbow (A veritable monsoon-like downpour begins and then a pile of gold appears in front of you for the rest of the day.)
Half-assed Ice Form (Your left hand feels icy cold for a week.)
Summon Noon (The sun shifts to noon-high and glares brightly.)
Wide-range Prune Curse (Everybody in the room but you shrivels for the rest of the day.)

You need a bio (at least a single sentence) and this is not how spells work.

When you join, I will let you pick 4 from 8 randomly generated spells.

I'll post the lists, so I can make sure that you choose fairly, without generating too many spells or something.
 Same for derm, sorry for not being clear enough.

I'll post the spell lists for everyone soon. I have to add mana costs and think of possible gameplay effects so this will take a bit.

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD (ALL SPOTS TAKEN)
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

Name: Ochita 'Wilder'
Form: Human, very normal.
Bio: Ochita became a wild mage, early on in his mage studies. He thought it would be fun. So far it is, and he wants to learn more exciting things to cast.

OH HEY its full up. Oh well, waitlist me?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:05 pm »

You need a bio (at least a single sentence) and this is not how spells work.

I added a bio, and I got those spell effects by randomly generating four of them. I just added names which I can remove. What else do you need?

EDIT: OH, I get it now. You confused me since you posted the link to the generator. I'll wait on the spell list.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:06 pm »

It's kinda late here so I'll post tomorrow. If Zomara doesn't take the reserved spot until I get back, I will let Brochita have it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »

Waitlist:

Name:Themin Atroce
Bio: He did not have anything nice to do, so he decided to be a mage, with all the problems that come with it. He was enchanted by the stupidity of the craft and now he truly seeks to be a full-fledged mage.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 01:04:17 pm »

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I wanted to make this.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

Just got home. making character now.

Edit:

Name: Zomara
Bio: He isn't classy, nor is he smart. Why he is trying to be a mage, nobody knows, but he has tenacity. . . . .

Spells:
1. Everybody in the room but you explodes permanently. Your head screams for a week.
2.  A strong wind picks up and then you glimpse into the future.
3.  The walls bleed around you repeatedly.
4.  Your right hand enlarges, but only for a few minutes. Your head begins glowing for the rest of the day.
5.  An apocalyptic flaming hailstorn rends the land and then you turn into a mouse.
6.   ALL OF YOUR EYES turn lemon yellow and then you turn into a dogperson for a week.
7.  It begins hailing and then you become more fleetfooted permanently.
8.  A torrential rain falls and then you become a fire elemental.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:47:44 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 01:49:40 pm »

I'll post the lists, so I can make sure that you choose fairly, without generating too many spells or something.

I'll post the spell lists for everyone soon. I have to add mana costs and think of possible gameplay effects so this will take a bit.
The GM said he'll get a list of 8 spells then you'll choose 4 from it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:54 pm »

The GM said he'll get a list of 8 spells then you'll choose 4 from it.

Thank you. I seemed to have missed that.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:09 pm »

Waitlist Me:

Name: Sinterous
Bio: A morally questionable spirit with a god complex that recently possessed the body of a small goblin boy.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: [1] 2