Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Closed.  (Read 16258 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week Three.
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 04:26:25 pm »

"Okay, people, I totally, like, got the best of idea. Let's juste stockpile rocks above the door, in a tasteful discrete way, we could just drop them on attackers!"

Build a stone-fall trap over the entryway, trying not to ruin my interior design.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

More speedo gathering.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:52 am »

"Well, I suppose that it had to be done. Bah, it is not so bad. I've seen many proud warriors with such injuries."

Bohdan begins searching for materials to make a bow or some other type of a ranged weapon, for protection.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2012, 04:16:07 am »

Right, well. As much as I'm enjoying writing this, it occurred to me that it is rather silly. Ha, no, what I'm more concerned about is that I don't really think it's going particularly well, game-wise, which I think the slow rate of reply reflects. It's not really fulfilling my original vision of founding a cute guinea pig village - a bit like DF, but with cute guinea pigs. And Speedos.

So.

Either I can stop it, and let my mind wander on to the next silly idea (and to make up for my failure I will offer you pre-ins, because I feel bad), or listen to suggestions regarding what I could do to make it a more satisfying forum game experience. I am more than happy to discuss any sensible suggestions.

Anyway, this'll teach me to write page after page on a late night whim, eh.

thanks,
la

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Notice.
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 04:24:00 am »

While the writing is great, I think it lacks real game mechanics. We have no ressources, no real aim (apart from "collect speedos", no information on how speedomancy work...

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 04:24:51 am »

What Sheb said, so much what Sheb said...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 04:31:16 am »

I guess I'll chime in to say why I didn't join- basically, "found and run a guinea pig village" sounds like an interesting and adorable concept. And very silly, of course. Hunting speedos is rather bizarre, and not in a good way; this may be related to not being familiar with the source for Speedograd, which means it's more or less "You're guinea pigs go collect underwear" for me. And possibly also because I'm not a fan of nonrenewable resources.

It's too verbose for me to keep up with, and as others have pointed out there's not a lot of actual village-stuff (or RPG-stuff) going on. At least, not that I've seen; as I've said, I haven't actually been keeping up with it.

So, largely what Sheb said.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2012, 04:32:08 am »

Well, I must say it's verbose as hell, but I enjoyed it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2012, 05:38:05 am »

Cheers for the feedback dudes, and apologies for not waiting for everyone I asked before locking this.

I think it lacks real game mechanics. We have no ressources, no real aim (apart from "collect speedos", no information on how speedomancy work...

Yes, I agree. Entirely my fault for starting something on a whim, at short notice, based on a late night idea, and without thinking it through.

It's too verbose

Yes, I just get carried away, but then if I didn't enjoy writing it I wouldn't run it.

Well, I must say it's verbose as hell, but I enjoyed it.

Well, thanks. You're all more than welcome to join anything I may start in future.

So, I'm going to lock this. Apologies to everyone for wasting your time and enthusiasm with something I didn't think through properly before starting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]