Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Closed.  (Read 16292 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: A Martial Arts Comedy
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

It's a pity you can't follow a forum member rather than a thread. I want to follow all of lawastooshort's threads.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »

It's a pity you can't follow a forum member rather than a thread. I want to follow all of lawastooshort's threads.
You could always stalk this page.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »

Aw, you guys. I am touched. I have also added Learning to the OP.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

I'm reading your Bowienaut stuff. It's great, you really got the crack for non-sense story telling. As a fellow Belgian, I'm adding you to beer, chocolate and the ability to not care about missing governments to the reasons I love this country.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week One
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 04:44:04 pm »

Week One

Under the natural leadership of Guineass the Record-keeper, the six intrepid guinea pigs set forth on a bright Sunday morning. Although his hair was considered, by many, to be unkempt beyond the bounds of good taste, all amongst the band of six accepted, for now, his superior expertise in the art of judging. Such a guide would later prove to be much needed in the guinea pigs' dangerous quest, but today would not prove to be his proudest day.

…   …   …   …   …   …   

They headed north, the rising sun beating upon their hairy flanks and the smell of grain distant and tantalising in their eager nostrils. Bohdan, the scout of the group, had a vague remembrance of there being vast man-made grain containers rising hundreds of guinea pig feet into the sky not far into the southern end of the city. There were maps, he recalled, of the city before the destruction, and one of the tribal elders took him aside one day before his departure. He made Bohdan study them at length, and as the column of guinea pigs moved towards the rising ruins before them he racked his memory for clues as to where this grain might be. If only the grain was left! There would surely be enough to feed the colony for months!

Sheb McSheb followed the scout closely. A keen Speedomancer, he was always on the lookout for the Speedos required to further his craft, always ready to jump in where perhaps he should not – for what was risk of death and disfigurement when weighed against the chance of eternal glory? And suddenly, lo! A glint of shining red burst through the ruins to their left, draped seductively across the blasted remains of a pillar of concrete!

Throwing all caution to the wind, the budding Speedomancer leapt through the air towards the tight-fitting fabric, wheeking with joy as he realised what he had spotted. The first Speedo of Speedograd!

“No! Don't!” squealed Cutey, “It's wild, McSheb! Don't touch it! Don't... Oh Guinya... Oh shit... Oh...”

Cutey turned away.

…   …   …   …   …   ...

As soon as the shrieking wail of Cutey reached Scurryshy and Tiko at the back of the group they rushed forward in distress. Something was wrong. They saw immediately. Sheb was strung out on the ground like a baby eel, his guts gushing forth onto the dust covered pavement beneath him.

…   …   …   …   …   …

It was hard to tell, for a guinea pig mind, how much time passed between Sheb's rush of blood to the head and the group's getting to the comparative safety of the southernmost grain container. At least now they knew where they were, but the great towering hollowness of the human building spooked more than one amongst the group. Tiko paced up and down, trying to hide his nerves as he hummed helplessly to himself; Guineass, who had witnessed the incident first hand, had scurried head first into the darkness of the grain container and hadn't moved for hours. Bohdan had seen combat once before, and had witnessed injury, mutilation, even death; he peered forwards into the gloom, trying to ascertain the seriousness of Sheb's wound. It didn't need a surgeon to see that his guts were in the wrong place. He began to chirp with the stress of realising he didn't know what to do. He needed Guineass to snap out of his paralysis.

Spoiler: Sheb; Sheb McSheb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SoHowAreYou; Cutey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neyvn; Tiko (click to show/hide)

Units of Food: 194
Speedos: 0
Time: Not quite through the first week. Further minor Week One actions can be done.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week One
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 05:02:02 pm »

"Pelvic thrust laceration dance... sweet record-breaking Guinea Pig Jesus..." Guineass could not believe he had witness such a dreaded hidden Speedotech. There was nothing he could do for Sheb. He had failed.

Or had he? No, he had to venture forth and help him. Lead the others to safety. He was determined to recover!

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »

Cutey began looking for speedos inside the buildings.

Search for but do not collect speedos unless the Fearless Leader request it
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

"Bah, I cannot stay all day and wait on Sheb."

Scout the surrounding area. Food sources are a priority.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »

Find something to close Sheb's wound.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

Plucking at the strings on his little guitar he hums random tunes as his mind raced. No wonder he never liked the idea behind Speedomancy, its dangerous power could do something like that when not used correctly. He shook his head and slung the guitar back onto his back, before joining Bohdan for the scouting run...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 02:56:05 am »

((Spilling my guts and loosing a single HP. Talk about hardcore!  :P))

"Uh... I think... Bring me a white, clean, speedo, I should be able to do something..."

Do not die. Yet. Wait to get a speedo and then try to use speedomancy to heal myself.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week One Part Two
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 08:24:23 am »

Week One

The steppe was Bohdan's natural home... vast endless plains and bountiful grass to graze upon. Not this. Not this... jungle of bricks and dust and the savage trace of humans and their senseless violence. This wasn't natural. He stopped just short of yet another blasted down red brick wall and held his paw in the air, signalling for Tiko to stop. He sniffed the air. Something was around, its not quite familiar smell lingering in the air like a bad reminder of... He couldn't place it. His hair bristled instinctively, but he just couldn't grasp hold of the memory deep within. Besides, it wasn't close. He wasn't even sure if it was today's scent. He moved on. There was a more pressing smell in the air; more exciting, closer, fresher.

…   …   …   …   …   …

May; First week. Journal of Guineass the Record-Keeper.

McSheb suffered terrible injury this week. I was but inches away; he leapt forth 'pon the Speedo before I could act, heedless to the warnings of Cutey our Speedo-gather, heedless to all common sense. And I! Aghast at the suffering, the pelvic thrust laceration, the dance, the blood, the intestines unfurling like so many monstrous maggots, I fled into the darkness. I could not move, and in my mind a vast blackness overshadowed the hope I had begun to feel. I saw his guts. I saw McSheb splashed over the floor as if set upon by a butchering surgeon; a ripper.

I don't know how long I wandered the long dark tunnels of my own Speedo-despair. The others tell me it was days. As much as the Speedo-despair is a horrible thing to which we might all succumb, I fear I may have lost some authority amongst the rest. The scout, with his gruff eastern ways, particularly seems to have little time for this weakness. I must regain my senses to lead them on...

…   …   …   …   …   ..

Neither Bohdan nor Tiko could help themselves. Fresh grass! They'd been in a city less than a week, but a guinea pig never stops yearning for the green luxury. They ate their fill. They forgot the alien scent that had so perturbed Bohdan earlier that morning.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Scurryshy panicked. Seemingly trapped inside the towering vertical tunnel that the humans had built for who knows what purpose, he scurried backwards and forth, desperately avoiding raising his eyes, desperately avoiding meeting the gaze of the delirious Sheb groaning and contorting in mind-agony on the floor. When he was an infant, a guinea piglet just two weeks old, he'd trodden on the thorn of a mulberry bush. His mother had pulled it out with her teeth, licking with her comforting tongue, but Scurryshy had seen the hideous length of wood poking from his fleshy underpaw and fainted. He'd been terrified of seeing such grievous wounds since, and just as terrified of his unmaskable and unguineapigly reaction. He paced uselessly up and down in the empty grain elevator. He could find nothing but old dried up wheat, remnants of a civilisation long since gone. He couldn't even begin to think what might be able to save his brave or foolish comrade.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Bohdan led the way back. It only made sense – he was used to following the long and winding tracks of frontier explorers: Tiko could carry the heaviest of the grass. Even so, he took a little, and just about enough to mask his sight as they walked back. That's why he never saw.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Although twitchy after the events of earlier in the week and increasingly nervous in the foreign and hostile environment, Cutey was in his element. He kept his nose to the ground. He'd picked up a strong smell. A trace of sweat. A hint of groin. The acrid aftersmell of slightly singed artificial fabric. He began to pick up pace, purring in his pleasure. There was nothing like newly found Speedos, and he could already picture himself diving in and rolling about in their luscious elasticated goodness. He'd have his fun and leave them. Unless it was strictly necessary he wasn't going to bring them back to the grain elevator immediately – perhaps he should, to save the foolish Speedomancer? No; he'd wait for explicit instruction. It wasn't worth the risk. Well, he'd wait and see.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Suddenly Bohdan leapt several guinea pig feet into the air, terrified. Something fast and forceful smashed into his grass covered face. He dropped the grass and started to bolt for cover when he realised his foolishness. It was just Cutey. Where the hell was he going at such speed?

“Quick!” he shouted to Tiko, “We've got to follow him! He's been possessed! The spirit of the Snatcher is upon him!”

They did follow him. They followed him over a slow rise and stopped at the edge of the ditch on the other side. Neither could speak. Cutey was rolling about in the bottom of the ditch, covered in singed, used, worn, glittering, fragrant Speedos. Filthy Speedos. Cutey purred with delight; Tiko retched in horror.

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

Tiko's fur was still dotted with bits of regurgitated wheat and grass when the three of them got back to the grain elevator. Cutey hadn't looked either of them in the eye since he'd glanced up from his unspeakable frolic in the ditch. As their eyes readjusted to the gloom inside they all breathed a sigh of relief: Sheb McSheb wasn't dead, yet, although the pool of blood surrounding his finally still body seemed to have grown. Cutey dashed over. Nobody knew if he felt guilt for not having been able to stop McSheb before he groped the stray wild Speedo or if he was anxious to place the rash Speedomancer in his debt, but he dashed over and nuzzled McSheb with his damp warm nose and pushed him slowly into consciousness.

"McSheb! Hang on, dear chap!" he spoke. "I found Speedos! A rich vein, nearly seven guinea pig feet in length, three or four Speedos deep!"

"Did you bring any back?" McSheb asked, weakly. "Did you get me a white one?"

"No... I... I thought I'd better not. None were clean. None were white. I... I thought the judge wouldn't be happy... And then..."

He didn't want to mention the scene in the ditch, the wretched scuffle as he'd tried to cling desperately to one last filthy Speedo with Bohdan pulling his legs out of the ditch and Tiko wrestling him into submission, rubbing his foul sick-flecked fur across his Speedo-scented abdomen. It'd probably be best if none of the three spoke of it again, but he wasn't sure he was ready to let things lie.

Spoiler: Sheb; Sheb McSheb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SoHowAreYou; Cutey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neyvn; Tiko (click to show/hide)

Units of Food: 188
Speedos: 0
Known Locations: Patch of Grass (1), Patch of Used Speedos (2).
Constructions:
Time: End of the first week.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:19:27 pm by lawastooshort »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week One Part Two
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 08:32:13 am »

Go gathering. Try my best to ignore Sheb.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:03 am »

Groan in pain and agony as my fellow Guinea Pigs ignore my incresingly bloodless husk. If someone was to bring me a speedo, attempt speedomancy.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

Bring Sheb a single Speedo while humming taps
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5