Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lets Play Endless Space [Craving Cravers crave cranets]  (Read 6883 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Lets Play Endless Space [Craving Cravers crave cranets]
« on: May 26, 2012, 01:09:12 pm »

I guess it's customary to post a brief synopsis of the game here, but there's no way in hell I could write a better one than Thendash did in his thread.  Go read it here and come back again if you're interested, I can assure you this thread won't vanish while you're not looking.

Like I mentioned in lordcooper's thread, the Cravers are pretty dwarfy. So lets be them!
Obligatory Warning: Game is in Alpha, not entirely balanced or finished, etc.  I'm also playing on second-lowest graphics, but it sill looks nice, I'd say.
I'll have all of the (currently available) races on the map though. Normal Speed, Spiral-4 galaxy, No victory conditions except Conquest, Supremacy (claim the homeworlds), diplomacy (left on since I don't know if that affects the cpu making treaties with others or not, we can't use it), or Science (research everything, more or less.).
Except for the orange-colored researches and what we start with (arid epigenetics and advanced machining is our starting techs, which gives us Colonize Arid, Ion Torpedos (requiring Titanium-70), and a better kinetic defence module, High Isotope Plating), the tech tree starts out the same here, so go have a look at lordcooper's album of pics he made for a good view of the starting tech tree.

We the Cravers, having found a new galaxy, hereby claim all resources as ours. Woe be to whoever would oppose us.

High Command has been reformed in order to more efficiently devour this place, starting with the system of Lesath, a varied and potentially very useful system, with two other colonizable planets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Currently, Hiveship 1 [Colonizer] and Forager 1 [Scout] are still in usable condition, so those are the ships available for scouting and increasing our claims. Which way shall we go, and what shall we research first?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Endless Space [Craving Cravers crave cranets]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »

Scout ship to the left , colony to the center.  Start researching colonisation tech immediately.

E: Apologising in advance for when I inevitably update this one by accident :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »

Tundra, Desert, or the Artic colonization/speed increase tech?

Also, are the pictures showing up correctly?
Edit: Apology accepted/duplicated in advance :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:20:05 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »

Maybe Arctic for the research?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:12:38 pm »

Report to High Command, 3004 AD

Planetarian's report
A Colonial Exchange will complete next turn on Lesath I, for taxing purposes.
Preparations are underway to take control over the two currently usable planets insystem, one Jungle and one Arid.

Explorer's report
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Two wormholes found.
System Nakos: Singular Tundra planet.
Spoiler: Ykima (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jyem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kochab (click to show/hide)
Where should we go first?

Science Report
Researching Xenobotany (tundra, 3 turns left), with a plan to head for Compact Fusion Reactors (Arctic colonization and a engine boost, 23 turns) next.

Also, 3 Heroes have appeared. Two Commander/Pilots and one Corporate/Pilot, and we have the money to recruit one of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:22:15 am »

Boomp. If you guys don't have anything t osay I'll just continue until something happens.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 10:03:53 am »

I'd go for Jyem. It produces a lot of dust, and it acts as a choke point.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 11:26:11 am »

Report to High Command, 3011 AD

Planetary Report
Colonial Exchange complete on Lesath I.
Lesath III, Jungle planet, has been claimed by us, after using some dust to accelerate the process. Priority has been shifted to building a base of industry on this planet, claiming of the arid planet has been delayed thusly. The industry has been predicted to be finished in two turns.
Jyem II has been claimed as the first expansion by us. Yet more Dust was expended in order to quickly obtain a Colonial Exchange, and then have its industry work on science as well, due to the lack of other planets to explore.
Also, Koro Stillsail has been recruited to act as Governor of Lesath.

Science Report
As it was found that the current focus was able to fit in one screen, picture follows.

Explorer's Report
Without a way of moving through those wormholes, this planet is the only one we missed. Forager Unit 1 will wait in Jyem until such a movemnt can be performed.
Spoiler: Corvus (click to show/hide)

End of report.

Anything to suggest, or should I just continue on until we can explore elsewhere? Jyem is currently building nothing but Ind to Sci.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:27:57 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 01:09:01 pm »

Construct a very basic fleet in case of trouble.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »

I support this wholeheartedly - pirates are such a nuisance in the early game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 10:13:00 pm »

Well, like alphas tend to do, it crashed on me from the alt-tabbing just a wee bit too much. I'll finish the update tomorrow, but anyone have any particular interest in one wormhole or the other to explore firstly?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:21 am »

Report to High Command, 3033 AD

Shipyard Report
All three current varieties of ship (Forager scout, Hiveship colonizer, and Patroller warvessel) were found to be underequipped. Forager Unit 1 has been retrofitted to proper specifications. Future Foragers or Patrollers will be better armed, and future Hiveships will have increased speed and token attack/defence. Patrollers will also have a minor repair boost thanks to the so-called 'Smart Wrenches'.
System Jyem is not the best to build ships at, but once the heavy isotope refineries have finished building it should be greatly improved in its speed. It does, as the scientists found, have a nice deposit of Titanium-70 though! (3 of it)

High Command, should we make a ship that fires Ion Torpedoes now that we have access to all the needed materials, or stick to the current Patroller and its 7/7 kinetic/deflector mix?

Planetary Report
Industrial Base on Lesath III completed.
Lesath V, the arid planet mentioned in previous reports, has been colonized and been rushed a Colonial Exchange, so that we can acquire more Dust faster, to greatly help Jyem produce our fleet.
The Nakos system (of one planet ::)) has been claimed to get a fourth deposit of Titanium-70, giving us Cravers the monopoly we deserve on such a resource and 10% more Dust in all of our claimed territory! It was also given Exoscience Stations, due to having an excess of Dust but not enough to speed up ship construction.
The Kochab system was also claimed to have control over all entrances into this part of the galaxy.
Koro Stillsail has gained 2 levels and improved in Wit, giving additional boosts to much-needed Science and Dust in the Lesath system.

Science Report
Arctic colonization tech is done, and we have determined how not to kill explorers sent through wormholes. Working on some other basic techs, like isotope fabrication and xenotourism.

Explorer's Report
The first system we find after passing through the wormhole is less than spectacular. It is a singular tiny arid planet. We'll continue and look for more impressive planets.

Admirality Report
3 Patrollers have been constructed and are guarding Lesath.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext