Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question About Caravans  (Read 903 times)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
Question About Caravans
« on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:59 am »

I have aquestion about modding the caravans. What do I need to do, to make traders bring certain items i rock pots instead of bags? I have the problem with traders bringing a modded metal in bags and this metal is liquid in room temperature and set my caravans on fire. Is there any way of preventing that?

On the side note. How can I increase the number of rocks dropped when a tile is digged out?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Caravans
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

Why is the metal both liquid AND ignitey? Shouldn't it have a higher MELTING_POINT than MAT_FIXED_TEMP??

As for your second question: no.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

I have aquestion about modding the caravans. What do I need to do, to make traders bring certain items i rock pots instead of bags? I have the problem with traders bringing a modded metal in bags and this metal is liquid in room temperature and set my caravans on fire. Is there any way of preventing that?

There's no way of forcing someone to put something in a certain something. Traders will automatically put powder in bags. How are you getting the traders to bring it in a bag? If it's a metal they will bring bars and items made out of the substance, but not put it in a bag.

I recommend you make it a 'powder'. Truth be told, I don't quite know what defines a 'powder' as I copied previous reactions for my custom one. But I believe you need a reaction similar to this.

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:x] < Change x to something else and paste it onto your mineral ore
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:your metal here][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

On the side note. How can I increase the number of rocks dropped when a tile is digged out?

Not possible. But CLUSTER_SMALL will always yield stones 100% of the time. Or at least gems do. you could try making your ore a gem.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:17 pm »

[POWDER_MISC] for INORGANICS

POWDER_MISC_PLANT
and
POWDER_MISC_CREATURE
are the other two, and they should be self explained

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »

It's a bit irritating that stone don't drop rocks more often after the update. For me it's too little as I'm using a lot of them, but I don't like to mine so much.

About the caravan. The metal I'm talking about is Mercury, it's used in chemistry/alchemy and that's why it's in bag. So I'm wondering if it's possible to mod it so it can be only stored in pots. Nothing else. When it's in a bag it will melt in room temperature and ignite the caravan when it enters the map. So I think that if it would be stored in pots by default it would also be in pots when caravan take it with them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 03:09:44 pm »

Why is it igniting, though? It shouldn't ignite things just because it's a liquid.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:39 am »

What d oyou use rocksfor so much? It drops 4 times less but gives 4 times more crafts. So the problem might be if you use rock for construction but..... just don't do it.. ever...period. Make blocks insted. Also rock crafts use 1 boulder too - but you still have a lot of boulders and rock crafts are a mean to make all that stone to something marginally usefull.

About metal - make it into liquid of some kind with liquid template (maybe make a new one yourself) then it will be in barrels and rock pots. Then try to forbid using wood for the caravan civ (might kill it in world gen) and then make a reaction to convert that liquid to metal bar. I see no other way to do it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »

I have the strong feeling that this is about my mod... about traders sometimes bringing magma in bags, and I said in the thread that I thought it was mercury, and if yes, it is fixed. People still report occasional flaming caravans, so it was not the mercury. Period.

All molten rock is called magma by default, i havent found the culprit yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::