Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407519 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2865 on: December 10, 2016, 09:41:52 pm »

All I can say is. A game like that is ripe for shout outs and in jokes.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: December 10, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »

Sounds cool. I would probably play
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 10, 2016, 11:04:59 pm »

Well I guess it's posted for now.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: December 11, 2016, 05:53:22 am »

I have finished the map for

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ERA OF MARS! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mars is a planet so the regions wrap around as indicated by the arrows and polar regions are all stretched and adjacent on both ends.

Thoughts?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 11, 2016, 06:45:14 am »

-snip-
Thoughts?
I'm a bit unsure how you want that "Dungeon Rest Camp" to play out. You also talk about NPC's, but your idea reads as if the players themselves are to establish that camp. So the first players are the pioneers of that camp, which will be slowly settled with npcs and facilities, if the players bring back enough resources to do so / sell the resources they don't need (to buy better stuff for themselves)?

Regardless, one thought that I have on this matter, is that npc's might have a limited stock of "quality goods". As in, if the players want more than steel, like mithril or other magical weapons, they better get that material themselves, because either the shop hasn't any in stock, or - if other players, or npc's brought some mithril back - it will be far more expensive, than if the players provide the "core" materials. Reagents for high-class potions, foci, crystals & mythical materials for non-metal "class" weapons (Think bows, staffs, drake-leather-armour & stuff), would also be possible. Giving them tiers, would ease "stream-lining" them, while not taking away from the possibilities. Tier 3 Reagent for Tier 3 Equipment - plus a T3 Reagent for enchanting +x stat for a T3 enchantment (with T1 Equip not able to hold T2 Enchants or higher).
Yeah... that idea already got way overcomplicated, but the core of it might be usable.

Successfull dives and quests, could also be rewarded with a higher "adventurer rank" - giving lesser cost and increased  access to guild-related business like the inns, healers & others. Theoretically,  a higher rank might also come with "Mission / Emergency Requests", though too much of forced quests, would not be fun for the players. (Even if they could be avoided by paying a fine).

Having a multitude of branches, would surely be welcomed by the players. Access to them via teleportation circles (for a price - magic isn't free), might also be worth an idea. First having to "unlock" some of them, might also make sense - especially with one-time-quests / killing bosses or tribes that previously blocked access to the area, or other blockades.

Mars is a planet so the regions wrap around as indicated by the arrows and polar regions are all stretched and adjacent on both ends.
Presuming that every region, has the same "size", I like it. Imagine a nuke-silo on 30, and a ~2 tile outwards radius where they could strike. Now do the same for 1. Just like it would work in reality. Adds another layer of intuitive strategy to the game, without making the rules themselves more complicated.

Theoretically, the regions could also hold different geological features, with assorted boni & mali, but I am unsure if another layer of rules, would add more to the game, than it would take from it by being more complicated. That mars can't really hold much more than "deserts", "ridges", "mountains", "hills", and "plateus" (and that is already stretching it a bit), thus limiting what players would have to remember, might just make them worthwhile though. Well, or maybe not.
Same reasoning applies to possible "resources" like ores, ice & stuff.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 11, 2016, 07:13:19 am »

Yeah, I prefer to keep those already complex games at a manageable levels for both me and the players :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 11, 2016, 07:22:03 pm »

Man. Bay12Forums. How long has it been since I last posted here? 4 years? Blimey.

Aaaanyway. A long long time ago, I used to post here quite a bit. Ran a few games, some of which did alright. I am particularly proud of Demonhood, a game which ran for some time before eventually dying due to, ah, various issues. Whilst performing some act of unspeakable necromancy upon it would be thematically appropriate, I wonder whether it might be better to start afresh with some other project.

What do you think? Unspeakable Necromancy or something simpler?
Long Live United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: December 11, 2016, 07:27:14 pm »

I would say start fresh personally. Perhaps simply begin the thread again, let a fresh audience experience it.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: December 11, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »

You can always put a 2 on the title and run it as a squeal.
Or just Necromancy it, it's your game after all.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: December 11, 2016, 07:41:46 pm »

Well going to give one last shot innMagnus arm. Otherwise posting other things. And yes my mind just scattered so it's multiples at once.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:44:02 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: December 11, 2016, 07:53:13 pm »

I think just doing a reboot-type deal would be the best with Necromancy. Just do the same concept but with a new audience and the ability to implement any changes in setting or mechanics you wanted before.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: December 11, 2016, 07:55:13 pm »

I think just doing a reboot-type deal would be the best with Necromancy. Just do the same concept but with a new audience and the ability to implement any changes in setting or mechanics you wanted before.
^ what I meant, but he said it better

Glory to United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 11, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

Oh, man, NUKE. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Is this the first sign of the return of countless prominent old Bay12ers? A grand comeback tour of all the greats? I don't even remember who I'm talking about, that's how long it's been!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2879 on: December 11, 2016, 08:36:25 pm »

Everyone loves a crossover.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 238