Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 406992 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2100 on: March 01, 2015, 05:09:23 pm »

Has anyone tried making a You Are King IV? If not, why?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 02, 2015, 12:57:27 am »

Had an idea kicking around my head for a game where the players form a bond with a spirit/daemon. The pairs work together as a team, and the spirits/daemons have the ability to go into their host's bodies to greatly enhance both their abilities, but only temporarily, since they'll both burn up if they do it for too long at a time. Beyond that, though, I dunno. The idea needs a lot more development before it can be used.

Made a lore thread so this can eventually be fleshed out enough to make a game with: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148998.0
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 02, 2015, 02:31:52 am »

Has anyone tried making a You Are King IV? If not, why?

Yeah - the latest YaKs haven't lasted long, but there's always people ready to play. I recommend heading to #yak4 on freenode webchat if you want to talk with the regulars about it. If you want to GM a new one, I say go for it.

@Gladiators: Seems like a good, well-thought out system to me. Only thing that worries me is the amount of work for you. Looking forward to seeing it in action, anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 02, 2015, 02:41:23 am »

Yeah - the latest YaKs haven't lasted long, but there's always people ready to play. I recommend heading to #yak4 on freenode webchat if you want to talk with the regulars about it.
How do you actually write stuff on it?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 02, 2015, 03:14:13 am »

Huh? Once you've entered the chat by writing in a channel, a name and a Captcha, there should be an empty bar at the bottom of the screen for you to write in. Is it not showing up?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 02, 2015, 03:18:11 am »

I didn't see it before. :-[

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 02, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

Would anyone be interested in trying out Talislanta? The entire library of Talislanta material, all 5 editions, has been released for free on PDFs by its creator.

I'm thinking of running a 2nd edition game. I've heard it was one of the better editions, and, looking through it, it seems to be a pretty well-made game for its time (and even in general. Aside from a few egregious examples, like there being two different skills for pickpocketing and swiping things, it seems very well made; it's a rather unified system). And though I haven't looked through the book in absolute detail, I've looked at the base mechanics in enough depth to see that it should play well; I won't run into the situation I had with deadEarth where I agreed to play a fundamentally flawed mess of a game. It's possible there are some things in there that are super over-powered, but I can deal with that.

So, anyway, who would be interested in something like this?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 02, 2015, 11:37:09 am »

Could you describe the setting for the people who may not be able to look over the PDFs at the moment?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 02, 2015, 12:03:33 pm »

Setting was the thing I didn't look into in detail, but it features dozens of non-Tolkien fantasy races (their tagline at one point was apparently "No Elves!") and things like duneships (which are ships which ski over dunes and are propelled by air) and skyships. Magic users are able to cast a few spells from memory per day, but they can also cast as many times as they want from books at a much slower rate and at the risk of destroying the spell page (its also risky to cast from memory). There are also a few named combat skills native to various races.

It sort of seems like the kind of thing were the people making it came up with names for things, then decided what they were from the names. Or they doodled out the various drawings in the book and came up with ideas from those. Drugs were probably also involved.

Mostly I just intend to jump right into the setting with whatever characters players pick, and then go from there. There's a random background generator in the GM's section that I'm eager to use, which will determine your parents, siblings, mentor (everyone has their own mentor!), and at least three other former associates, such as lovers and rivals.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:45 pm »

The most important questions regarding whether or not I'd be interested are: PBP or IRC? and what time zone are you in?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 02, 2015, 12:41:20 pm »

I was mostly thinking of PbP, though I could do irc if it doesn't conflict with work and such. I'm in Central Time Zone.
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 02, 2015, 12:45:42 pm »

Gonna have a read of the PDFs soon, then.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:34 am »

I had a Gladiator game some time ago... I've changed several things and I think I want to run it again. here's what I got so far. Any thoughts?
Looks interesting, but probably excessively complicated. Combat in particular was a pain to read, possibly because it was given in the form of examples rather than proper definitions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 03, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

Okay so the battle stuff had too many examples and the details of each gladiator were a bit hard to read in a abbr tag... Is this better formatting?

Gladiators of Nevendaar – Gladiatorial Management Game

Intro Intro Intro

So you want to run a gladiator school in a managerial position? It is quite simple. First familiarize yourself with the rules regarding: Schools, Gladiators, Turns, and Battle. After that simply fill out the sheet you acquired at the Registrar’s and submit it to the Registrar. Then, you will be the proud owner of one of the many gladiator schools in the region.

Spoiler: School Stats (click to show/hide)

Let’s take a look at an example school:
Quote from: Example
School Name: The Example School for Exempler Examples
Money: 350gp
Roster: [2/2]
Spoiler: Roster (2/2) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gladiator stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Turn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Services (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: League Types (click to show/hide)

After reading the manual several times you decide that, Yes, you do want to start a gladiator school. IN FACT, you just can’t wait to get started. So you quickly glance over the form before filling it out.

Quote from: The Sign-Up Sheet
Lord Name: Your Name here
School Name: School Name Here
School History: Please fill out...
Personal History: Please fill out...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 03, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

I still think it's interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 238