Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407192 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1890 on: December 16, 2014, 01:55:59 am »

Opinions on a suggestion game where you control a small ship and do missions (fairly free-form, not like, uh, levels?) and gradually get better ships from your superiors and crew?
I kind of want to do a better version of my ill fated "Frigate Commander" game I made a while back.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 16, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »

That is the dilemma when trying to make a public forum game isn't it? If the Survivors split up into Group A and Group B, Group A might decide not to go down a certain hallway because they know from reading the whole turn that Group B is being chased by the Killer at the end of said hallway.

Assume that the survivors are all carrying walkie talkies/cellphones/whatever plot device is necessary to justify the conventions of public forum games.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 16, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

I could believe teenagers texting eachother while being chased by a killer
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1893 on: December 16, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

I'm about to run a game where players are only allowed to click the spoilers named for them. I don't see any reason why it won't work as long as I'm very attentive and careful with details.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 20, 2014, 02:54:31 am »

Opinions on a suggestion game where you control a small ship and do missions (fairly free-form, not like, uh, levels?) and gradually get better ships from your superiors and crew?
I kind of want to do a better version of my ill fated "Frigate Commander" game I made a while back.

I've fleshed out this a bit more.  You probably won't be in an official government/military position, but a person who crawls the, uh, space equivalent of junkyards, whatever their name is. You find a small ship (corvette probably) and you go from there.
The problem is that I feel I really need an obvious overarching goal for it to keep direction. Something like a rebellion, uh, new empire, that kind of stuff. Where you expand your reach and stuff, but the focus is still straight on whatever ship you're flying. Any suggestions for said goal?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 20, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »

An idea, HellMOO as a forum game. Taking out all of the NSFW and forum rule breaking content and keeping the atmosphere and silliness in it. (Like bisecting crackheads with a fork).

Every player would have a way of getting back into the game but not the cost wouldn't be free of course. Regular ol' Joe could be cloned and have a sickness and loss of ability after being cloned, but he'll be alive and back into the game. A zombie could reanimate, get the negatives of reanimated like being sick or something, he would have his likely badass zombie abilities, reanimation, and all that jazz but there could be a bunch of negatives for it. There could also be other game changing knick knacks not in traditional HellMOO, like becoming your generic grey alien (And being friends with other generic aliens aswell), and stuff like becoming half bird and such.

There'd be obviously be a bunch of mutations that wouldn't be necessarily be always in a set location. But you'd get some interesting mutations in a nuclear plant. A lot more handwaved superpowers and such, and even if two guys get the same mutation it wouldn't be exactly the same thing. Certain people would shoot other people with certain mutations (Unless they somehow conceal it or something). I'd imagine there wouldn't be exact stats and attributes but instead of numbers there would be short descriptions of your ability at some value with maybe if numbers are used only the GM would know them.

I'd imagine the game would be for around 4-8 at it's minimum and maximum. Though I have all of the following, I doubt my ability at GMing something like this.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:19 pm »

That would be great. I'd love something like that.
It would probably be similar to a Paranoia game, but instead of having an omnipresent fear of retribution by a higher power (AKA the computer is your friend), it's all based in the stupidity and desperation that naturally comes with living in hell. I also like the idea of multiple revivification methods.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 20, 2014, 06:45:33 pm »

It sounds pretty cool.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 24, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

I recently discovered this, and have decided there isn't nearly enough of this here.
Would anyone want to run it? It looks pretty fun...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 24, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »

I recently discovered this, and have decided there isn't nearly enough of this here.
Would anyone want to run it? It looks pretty fun...
There's an exaltation that let's you get by on the sheer power of your awesomeness and kobolds. I LOVE IT!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 26, 2014, 11:41:15 pm »

So.

I have had one more idea for a D&D 3.5 game.

It's not your average dungeon crawler, a legend of ancient heroes fighting a terrible beast from the beginning of time, or a story of warriors who wandered the land to master their own fates.

It's about war. War is hell. It has been one hundred and seven years since the fall of Gemodor, and no kingdom has dared to reclaim its lost expanses, fearful of the corrupting magic that wrought its end. The country of Sarium has invaded lands of the kingdom Atissa, and the PCs are a conscripted mercenary group, tasked with mowing down armies of soldiers--some mere conscripted farmers who could barely wield a pitchfork in their own profession, others generals who have seen countless battles--to regain the occupied land. The PCs, once noticed by generals in the army, are tasked with increasingly dangerous jobs--perhaps jobs that would push them beyond their limits, beyond what they know. Beyond the point of return. But it is the life they must lead.

Sound interesting?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:44:37 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 26, 2014, 11:43:44 pm »

So.

I have had one more idea for a D&D 3.5 game.

It's not your average dungeon crawler, a legend of ancient heroes fighting a terrible beast from the beginning of time, or a story of warriors who wandered the land to master their own fates.

It's about war.War is hell. It has been one hundred and seven years since the fall of Gemodor, and no kingdom has dared to reclaim its lost expanses, fearful of the corrupting magic that wrought its end. The country of Sarium has invaded lands of the kingdom Atissa, and the PCs are a conscripted mercenary group, tasked with mowing down armies of soldiers--some mere conscripted farmers who could barely wield a pitchfork in their own profession, others generals who have seen countless battles--to regain the occupied land. The PCs, once noticed by generals in the army, are tasked with increasingly dangerous jobs--perhaps jobs that would push them beyond their limits, beyond what they know. Beyond the point of return. But it is the life they must lead.

Sound interesting?
Is the dread Necromancer a class we can use?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 26, 2014, 11:45:23 pm »

In a game where half the fights are based on mowing down armies of mooks?

No, unfortunately. Balance reasons, nothing personal.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 26, 2014, 11:46:27 pm »

In a game where half the fights are based on mowing down armies of mooks?

No, unfortunately. Balance reasons, nothing personal.
Darn...
ONE DAY!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 27, 2014, 01:06:58 am »

This is bit of an unusual question, but could someone tell me what the main problem is with Galaxy Rise, one of my games?
Just about every game I try to host like it peters out in the same way. It starts off with a decent amount of people, then with each post, the amount of people posting decreases, until it's just one person or nobody posting.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 238