Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407507 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1515 on: August 12, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »

[[I've been working on Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare for a while now. I would like to get an opinion on this draft of the 4th edition. I ripped out a bunch of stuff that was redundant or was causing the game to be too slow. Figured I'd post it here to get an opinion.

Lords of Centria: Tactical Fantasy Warfare V.4

Regardless of game mode a few rules are required through-out:
1)   Attempt to post often. We cannot proceed with a turn until you have posted. If you are a repeat offender you will be removed from the game.
2)   If you post turns via an edit or edit a post please inform me before-hand.

Spoiler: How the Game Works (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How to Sign-up (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traps (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FAQ (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:05:27 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 12, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »

The rule set certainly seems very interesting, so I'd be interested in playing. There doesn't, however, appear to be any rule against taking an absurdly large amount of skeletons for no cost, unless I missed something.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 12, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »

It isn't explicitly stated that you can't I suppose. But it is mentioned that they are summoned by Necromancers. I'll fix that in a bit.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 12, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »

It isn't explicitly stated that you can't I suppose. But it is mentioned that they are summoned by Necromancers. I'll fix that in a bit.
A cost of N/A might be better than 0?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 13, 2014, 12:05:52 am »

Added that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 16, 2014, 01:56:41 am »

So, I was thinking of running a game that's like a combination of generic urban fantasy+SCP foundation+magic girl anime where the players would capture/kill/fuck over global organizations for your generic well intentioned conspiracy. I really need help with a system, preferably something somewhat easy to manage, to use with the game. Preferably something that uses, say, d20s or d50s maybe even d100s.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 16, 2014, 02:04:42 am »

What exactly would you need in the system, hmm?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 16, 2014, 02:15:04 am »

Well, my basic idea was using d50s with bonuses from stats and also a system for perks and flaws that may interact, the second goal is something that can be done later as they're mostly for flavor and giving special attacks or moves.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 16, 2014, 02:43:02 am »

Judging by your description, you'll want a point-buy system...
Hmm... Would a modded Tri-stat dX work for you?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 16, 2014, 11:39:33 am »

I was thinking more like, you get a set number of stat points to divide between, say, eight stats, some 'trade points' to get some initial equipment, and you get to choose what type of powers you have which will give you different methods of progressing.

Spoiler: Power examples. (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 16, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »

I was thinking more like, you get a set number of stat points to divide between, say, eight stats, some 'trade points' to get some initial equipment, and you get to choose what type of powers you have which will give you different methods of progressing.

I'm fairly certain what you described here is, in fact, point buy, minus the 'buy powers/effects with points', since your idea replaces that with deciding on your power and levelling it. This will however, need a lot of GM looking things over, to avoid complete game breaker powers. Stats shouldn't be too hard, go DnD, perhaps the 2 additional stats being the ones in M&M 3rd Ed, or some such.

I'd imagine the trade point bit might be difficult though, although that's more because you, as the GM, would have to either A. Write up tables/lists or B. work with the players on this. You know, they say the equipment they want, you determine the point cost of said equipment.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 16, 2014, 12:54:15 pm »

One example of what you could do with a d100. And one person who liked the idea.
So basically with that system you put in points to increase the roll number you need to go under to beat the roll and when they reach fifty for that number they can roll twice should they fail the first roll and when they get to fify in that they get another chance and so on?

I'm fairly certain what you described here is, in fact, point buy, minus the 'buy powers/effects with points', since your idea replaces that with deciding on your power and levelling it. This will however, need a lot of GM looking things over, to avoid complete game breaker powers. Stats shouldn't be too hard, go DnD, perhaps the 2 additional stats being the ones in M&M 3rd Ed, or some such.

I'd imagine the trade point bit might be difficult though, although that's more because you, as the GM, would have to either A. Write up tables/lists or B. work with the players on this. You know, they say the equipment they want, you determine the point cost of said equipment.
I already have the stats in mind. And I have somethings to weed out problem powers, first rule being No Teleporters or portals. No instant kills are only availible if there are very heavy drawbacks such as being reduced to one HP and recieveing a huge debuff to dodging and defense for example.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »

What do you need help with in the system in, then?

And also, can I pre-in?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 16, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

One example of what you could do with a d100. And one person who liked the idea.
So basically with that system you put in points to increase the roll number you need to go under to beat the roll and when they reach fifty for that number they can roll twice should they fail the first roll and when they get to fify in that they get another chance and so on?

Basically, every X points is another chance, but with diminishing returns in between.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 238