Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407339 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:46 pm »

*Stares in awe*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2013, 11:22:29 pm »

Damn, that's pretty neat. I suck at any and all image editing, and I've always tried to make my own stuff for games.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

I sincerely hope you post a link to that in here, Soli, when it becomes a thing that exists. I don't even know what you're going to do, but if it's a tactics thing that's as pretty as you make things, I want to know about it!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

So er, since my normal ISG is on a long postponement due to my cousin who was helping with some areas that I am very inept at with having gone to summer camp, I have two ISG ideas that I'm considering and would like input on which one I should do.

1. A multiversal adventure in which you traverse many worlds, each time stepping into the shoes of a native of that world while inheriting some skills from the previous ones, in order to collect clues and discover the true nature of a universe destroying monster that seems to appear wherever you go.

2. This ones a bit weirder and probably unfeasible. It's a sortof dungeon crawling thing in this massive complex where the characters are all hoping to reach the core where they will be rewarded with a return to life/their homeland. The twist that makes the idea difficult was that if it's possible my original plan would be for the complex to be populated with characters from other forums games. Specifically dead ones, meaning ones who died in game, along with ones from dead games. Of course that would require an exorbitant amount of contacting for permissions for courtesies sake, along with confusing logistics, so the crossover aspect is very likely wind up being cut out all together if I try it... In hindsight I should probably should cut that out actually.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:07:15 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2013, 12:09:08 am »

They both sound neat. The second one is obviously a lot more work; if it were me I'd be a jerk and not contact anyone for permissions (just give credits and a link to source,) but then again, I'm a jerky jerk who jerks. First one I'd be interested to hear what kind of mechanics you were considering for it.

And hey, look at this thread being all active and junk! Very nice.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2013, 12:14:21 am »

Ehh. Whole contacting author thing seems unnecessary where due credit is given. I mean, that's basically what allows fanfic to survive.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2013, 12:14:38 am »

Well I can't really elaborate much on the mechanics of the first one as it would give away a lot of potential spoilers.The most I can mention is that party members use a regular old mp system while the PC does... something else, and that skills are learned based on your actions and rolls are made upon leaving a world in order to determine what skills you retain, if any.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:35:35 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2013, 12:27:57 am »

2. This ones a bit weirder and probably unfeasible. It's a sortof dungeon crawling thing in this massive complex where the characters are all hoping to reach the core where they will be rewarded with a return to life/their homeland. The twist that makes the idea difficult was that if it's possible my original plan would be for the complex to be populated with characters from other forums games. Specifically dead ones, meaning ones who died in game, along with ones from dead games. Of course that would require an exorbitant amount of contacting for permissions for courtesies sake, along with confusing logistics, so the crossover aspect is very likely wind up being cut out all together if I try it... In hindsight I should probably should cut that out actually.

Who cares? It's not like they're getting royalties for them. If they make a fuss about it, then drop it.

I doubt anyone actually would, though.

I'd like to see a game like that, imho.

I need to put something interesting here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:19 am »

*shrug* I suppose that's just my natural politeness messing with me, thanks for the input on that. I think I'll probably do #1 first though since I still need a lot more time developing #2 and already have some assets prepared for #1.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2013, 12:49:54 am »

Furt, I wouldn't worry about the permission thing either. I think anyone here would probably just be flattered. And the idea sounds rather fun, so I'd like to see it happen.

I sincerely hope you post a link to that in here, Soli, when it becomes a thing that exists. I don't even know what you're going to do, but if it's a tactics thing that's as pretty as you make things, I want to know about it!

Will do. Got most of the gameplay and plot stuff planned, but my biggest hurdle right now is coming up with portraits and Iso-Sprites for a full roster of player-submitted characters. Especially with perma-death and player turn-over being fairly regular occurances. :I

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:52:24 am by Solifuge »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2013, 02:40:08 am »

2. This ones a bit weirder and probably unfeasible. It's a sortof dungeon crawling thing in this massive complex where the characters are all hoping to reach the core where they will be rewarded with a return to life/their homeland. The twist that makes the idea difficult was that if it's possible my original plan would be for the complex to be populated with characters from other forums games. Specifically dead ones, meaning ones who died in game, along with ones from dead games. Of course that would require an exorbitant amount of contacting for permissions for courtesies sake, along with confusing logistics, so the crossover aspect is very likely wind up being cut out all together if I try it
I'd play that.
And I normally hate ISGs
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2013, 03:04:50 am »

That sounds pretty fun. I can't imagine anyone would really mind being used, but *shrug*. Crossovering hasn't been done here for whatever reason but has so many different possibilities.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2013, 03:20:34 am »

I like the idea of the characters being dead people trying to get to the bottom of the dungeon to gain their lives back, but I'm not particularly fond of the character cross-over thing. I think it's pointless, and adds very little besides going "Hey, do YOU remember that one character from that one thing?" when a lot of people don't jump in on some of the longer suggestion games, meaning that only a few people will know of a character at any given time so the effect is sort of...lost.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:20 am »

I'd play that.
And I normally hate ISGs

Why?

That sounds pretty fun. I can't imagine anyone would really mind being used, but *shrug*. Crossovering hasn't been done here for whatever reason but has so many different possibilities.

Well, unlike boards such as Eagletime, most games on here are started then dropped on a whim and not particularly memorable. There's also lots and lots of text based RPGs, and it's very unlikely anyone's going to remember someone else's character from that. I try to do a little bit of crossovering in each game, but the most I've seen is Magnificent Timelord, and that's really more references than actual cross-overs.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:44 am »

not particularly memorable

Well if that isn't the most subjective statement of the year. I think you'll find a lot of people disagreeing with you here. Just because you didn't enjoy them...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 238