Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Men in Black: Budget edition(6/6)  (Read 5313 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Men in Black: Budget edition(6/6)
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:15:44 pm »

Due to the financial crisis, the budget of the MiB was cut tremendously. Equipment could no longer be repaired and replaced, and eventually they couldn't even afford to hire decent candidates. That's why you are here, you worked somewhere for the Mib (Adminsistration, janitor,...) and now they need you to investigate threats. You will be of course, be granted some equipment. Sadly the budget cuts took place here to, and most of the equipment has been recycled from somewhere or is of generally inferior quality. Don't worry about that, you have a group health insurance, we managed to safe that one.

Equipment:
The budget cuts have forced the MiB to use cheaper materials in their gadgets, making them more dangerous to use and resulting in several faults. This also resulted in the fact that weapons and gadgets that were previously regarded to be to destructive/dangerous to find their way to the battlefield. Basically equipment comes in three flavours

-Denied equipment: They said it would be to dangerous to use it, let's prove them wrong. (Things like supersonic jetpacks belong here)
-Broken equipment: It should work. ( Weapons and gadgets appear normal, but malfucntion/break every so often)
-Flawed equipment: These are perfectly fine gadgets, but suffer from critical design flaws. (Memory wipe machine that wipes the last 5 seconds of memory,...)

Character sheet
Name:
Former position:
Health: Nothing to add here
Bio: Why are you working for the MiB, and why have you been choosing to be on the outdoor squad, this is important as I will base some abilities and such on it. Please note that you are not supposed to be qualified for the job.

Villian character sheet:
Because I haven't got enough ideas. Just write up a short paragraph of an enemy the Unlucky team might encounter. I might even let you control it/him/her/them.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:55:57 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Men in Black: Budget edition(0/6)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:57 pm »

Name: Derek Guvenstak (I have no idea if that last word means anything or not.)
Former position: Research and Development
Health: Yes.
Bio: He likes to build things, and test things. He was, however, alarmingly good at it. Too good for the common man, you see. He was hired more or less because anywhere else would shortly become a total disaster area. As for field work, one very hungover clerical worker said screw it and handed off the paperwork to a mexican stand in who couldn't read english.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:22:46 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »

Name: Derek Guvenstak
Bio: He likes to build things, and test things. He was, however, alarmingly good at it. Too good for the common man, you see. He was hired more or less because anywhere else would be a total disaster area. As for field work, one very hungover clerical worker said screw it and handed off the paperwork to a mexican stand in who couldn't read english.
Oh dear...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »

Name: Robert Charleson
Former Position: Electrician
Bio: Robert was just an ordinary Electrician, that was until he knocked on the wrong door and saw something he wasn't suppose to see. The next night men broke into his house, put a black bag over his head and drove him to the MiB headquarters. Due to budget cuts they couldn't erase his memory, or kill him. So they decided just to keep him there as an electrician, with an actually good paycheck. Robert doesn't really mind anymore, he get's a good paycheck and free food and housing so it's alright with him.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:24:16 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 03:26:06 pm »

Name: Harold G Cheese
Former position: Admin assistant
Health: Please
Bio: Harold "Gosh" Cheese was just a bottom of the rung admin assistant, spending most of his day making photocopies of the photocopies his immediate superior had made of various incomprehensible documents. Then, one day, there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the holding area, and Harold accidentally got blasted with an experimental ray weapon! For some reason, he's been under observation ever since. He's never been known for being smart and his brother is a priest.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:31:41 pm by lawastooshort »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »

Character sheet

Name: Natt Perry

Former position: IT Support.

Bio:Even the most advaned of agencies need someone to fix the broken computers, or someone to try and implement new systems. When the agency uses systems that "dont exist" and is experimenting with advanced AI, room temperature superconductors and FTL data transmission, it helps to know a thing or two. This mainly consisted of telling the genius hotshots how to turn thier fancy optical or quantum devices off and back on again. Once in a while there would be some gunky ick to scrape out of a drive port or suchlike, but that was about it. Then all of a sudden you get an email saying that you have been reassigned...

Natt really isnt a people person, but then most of the suits here werent really social geniuses either. Unlike the suits, Natt has nothing in the way of military or law enforcement experience, though did graduate from a computer science course at MIT. Playing too many 4X games has possibly given him a far too simple veiw of how aliens operate and how the Earth fits in.
This is a blank sig.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:43 pm »

Name: Stephen Black
Former position: Maintenance technician

Bio: A rugged mechanic that has been fixing the MiB standard cars for some years, he was introduced to the manteinance of some more critical components because of the lack of money to buy someone more specialized. He did unexpectedly well in this work, causing only some miild explosions, but due to the arrival of a more qualified technician, he was reassigned to another position.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 03:49:58 pm »

Name: Bill Hughes
Former position: Sound Analyst
Health: Well... nothing's broken yet anyway.
Bio: Bill's an average guy. He's got a higher than average iq, but nothing astronomical. Keeps himself to himself, but loves a laugh. An all-rounder, if slightly eccentric. Except for one thing. He was incredibly good at post-production music, or composing. He was even better at analysing sound waves and deciphering them, almost like a code-breaker.
One competition showcased his ability publicly. Next thing, MIB had him in their possession to examine alien sounds and deciphering them. With budget cuts, all-rounders are quite useful, and so are kept from the frontlines. However, Bill beat his superiors at chess and other strategy games a little too often, and out on the field he went.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 04:15:41 pm »

Sent a Villain your way 10ebbor10. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:46:41 pm »

Name: Ignus H. Hughes
Former Position: Pizza Guy
Health: Fine
Bio: Ignus was a Pizza delivery man who stumbled into a MIB investigation, back when they were highly trained, well equipped agents. One of them approached him with a memory eraser, but thinking quickly Ignus ripped open a packet of red pepper, and launched it at the agent. As the pepper burned the mans eyes, Ignus made his escape, throwing boxes to facilitate his escape. He made it home, where he quickly dozed off. He woke in a prison cell in the MIB headquarters. He was offered to join a field team, leaving his old life behind. He jumped at the chance to be a secret agent, but quickly learned that the average agents weren't what he encountered, not by a long shot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:19 pm »

D:

Players are full!

. . .

Villains are not.

Following Dwarmin.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Men in Black: Budget edition(6/6)
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:43 am »

Turn One: The vaults

Your are standing in a large room, in an underground base of the MiB. Several large vault doors are all around you, containing various precious weaponry, or so they did, now they are almost empty. What's left of the equipment is lying on a large heap in front of you. You guess you'd have some time to search out the items. Suddenly a voice speaks.
"Welcome agents. This is a prerecorded predeployement message. Feel free to search out you gear. Anyone disobeying the 3 items per person rule will be shot."

((You can give me a list of up to five items. I give you the the stats and then you select 3.))

((I decide to wait with introducing player villians for a moment. Don't want to kill players of immeaditly.))
Name: Derek Guvenstak (I have no idea if that last word means anything or not.)
Health: Yes.
R-D departement
Exentric inventor

Name: Robert Charleson
Former Position: Electrician
Electrician
Normal guy

Name: Harold G Cheese
Former position: Admin assistant
Health: Please
Bio: Harold "Gosh" Cheese was just a bottom of the rung admin assistant, spending most of his day making photocopies of the photocopies his immediate superior had made of various incomprehensible documents. Then, one day, there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the holding area, and Harold accidentally got blasted with an experimental ray weapon! For some reason, he's been under observation ever since. He's never been known for being smart and his brother is a priest.
Irradiated
Thick

Name: Natt Perry
Former position: IT Support.
Health:
IT-technician
Manual override

Name: Stephen Black
Former position: Maintenance technician
Health:
Maintenance technician
Explosive malfunction

Name: Ignus H. Hughes
Former Position: Pizza Guy
Health: Fine
Flavour bombs
Pizza courier
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:15:44 pm by 10ebbor10 »

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:10 am »

It is only weaponry?
Also, are we picking objects by name like "The M32 Jetpack prototype" or just designing generic items like "that jetpack over there"?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 11:41:38 am »

Ignus looked into his pockets, checking what seasonings he brought. "Looks like I took the slippery ranch dressing for that really disgusting pizza, a classic red pepper and that really dry Parmeasean. Its texture is essentially sand.". Then he noticed that there were actual weapons in the pile. "That looks much better. I'll take that mind-wiper gadget, a laser gun and some kinda knife thing." He requested.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:32:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 12:04:23 pm »

It is only weaponry?
Also, are we picking objects by name like "The M32 Jetpack prototype" or just designing generic items like "that jetpack over there"?
Nope, a stack of gadgets, weaponry and assorted stuff. However, since I'm pretty sure you'd decide to take. Also, it's not a table, it's a large heap of gadgets.

You can choose wherether to name them or not, if you don't I'll have to come up with a name.
Pages: [1] 2 3