Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122477 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet. I'll be fighting for the family computer more -- no way this is going to run on my salvaged freeputer.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

polishing boots? such an outdated military tradition that only was in place for busywork to keep soldiers out of trouble(cant get into fights or receive a dui when you have to make sure your boots are cleaned from dirt and polished that get accumulated)

on a more serious note...I'm assuming for those that actually get to play once the beta starts we will probably use the steam communication stuff for getting together then using the in game chat/voice for serious discussion on things going on...right?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll probably be under an NDA, so may not be able to coordinate outside of the official forums (which you would probably get access to when you got into the beta).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

bleh, nda means we cant give blogs on opinions or talk about the mechanics of the game, doesn't mean we cant say "lets meet up at firebase alpha and attack gamma research lab" in something like steam chat...especialy if for some reason the in game communications breaks

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends on what the NDA says. I've read ones which say not to discuss the game they're for in any other forums, websites, etc, anything except the official forum.
(Not going to get into whether they could miraculously (SPAH) know what you said on a private steam chat)

P.S.
License agreements / TOS agreements today: "DO NOT USE UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE." Really? Really really? When you have no manual or way of knowing what is considered a feature, what's considered a bug, and what "features" are "undocumented?"

Of course I haven't seen PS2's to see if that's in there (and I would hope not for beta). I bet someone was writing "DO NOT USE EXPLOITS OR BUGS TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER PLAYERS" and then decided to throw in "UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES" too, JUST TO BE SURE. Despite that finding official documentation for f2p MMOs is impossible; It's all wiki-based - possibly creating a wiki page for a feature you've noticed makes it no longer undocumented :P.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:10:18 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Because they will somehow know what we said on a private steam chat...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Depends on what the NDA says. I've read ones which say not to discuss the game they're for in any other forums, websites, etc, anything except the official forum.
(Not going to get into whether they could miraculously (SPAH) know what you said on a private steam chat)

P.S.
License agreements / TOS agreements today: "DO NOT USE UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE." Really? Really really? When you have no manual or way of knowing what is considered a feature, what's considered a bug, and what "features" are "undocumented?"

Of course I haven't seen PS2's to see if that's in there (and I would hope not for beta). I bet someone was writing "DO NOT USE EXPLOITS OR BUGS TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER PLAYERS" and then decided to throw in "UNDOCUMENTED FEATURES" too, JUST TO BE SURE. Despite that finding official documentation for f2p MMOs is impossible; It's all wiki-based - possibly creating a wiki page for a feature you've noticed makes it no longer undocumented :P.

I guess that its to still be able to ban players for bug abusing if they choose to make the bug into a feature.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except that they always have a "We can terminate your license and/or ban you for any reason, with or without cause, and you have no remedy." clause. Along with a clause stating that everything in the game is valueless, including all game currency and items, and anything you bought in the game with real money, and by the way, everything associated with your account/characters is still all owned by them anyways, so even if it had a value it wouldn't help YOU any.

Basically they (virtually all MMOs) already have made sure they can get rid of anyone at any time and there's no way to do anything about it or recover any lost investment in the game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still, they usually dont have a reason to do that unless you give a link to the cancel subscription button that magically dissapeared

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

i thought that was ea and not soe...i'm probably wrong as i dont pay much attention to the mmo market

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

i thought that was ea and not soe...i'm probably wrong as i dont pay much attention to the mmo market

No that was in fact EA/Bioware with TOR, unless SOE has done something similar.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It wasnt SOE, i'm just giving examples.

Tough PS2 wont crash and burn like TORtanic

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Yeah. TOR should really have been SWKOTOR 3 instead of a stupid MMO.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

planetside 2 stream going on...but all it is...is all the soe employees that is helping making the game is getting haircuts and their favored faction colors/brand dyed into their hair...

if you want a link... http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2 its suppose to kick off beta

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Some new cgi trailer and gameplay was released:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=45265

The trailer is very nice imo.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 826