Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1123359 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Ejecting while flying upside down is-
Um...
Extra effective!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stand an infiltrator atop a tower.  Whoever can fly a vehicle and ram them, wins!
So long as the vehicle has to be upside-down at the moment of impact :)
The pilot must also eject shortly before hitting the target.
The pilot must then land on a designated spot on the ground at the precise moment that the aircraft hits the infiltrator.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Max bombing. Wherein a galaxy pilot must overfly an infiltrator and eject a MAX at a moment so that the MAX lands upon the infiltrator

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I say we put everyone in a Galaxy and as soon as there's any AA we all jump out and go for a full out frontal assault.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

We'll need the ejection up/side-grade. Otherwise we'll just fall to our deaths.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

In the E3 streams, people were ejecting from a Galaxy and landing fine.  Presumably, you get some sort of parachute while you're in the Galaxy, so when you eject you get a gentle landing.

Additionally, Galaxies are flying APC.  They can absorb AA fire just long enough to make a successful drop.  So dropping troops IN a base becomes easier.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the E3 streams, people were ejecting from a Galaxy and landing fine.

IIRC they injured themselves in the fall, and the commentators said several times that only a light class with its jetpack is able to bail out safely.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I say load vanguards on top of the galaxies. Now that's a gunship.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

IIRC they injured themselves in the fall, and the commentators said several times that only a light class with its jetpack is able to bail out safely.

From what I recall, they could drop from a galaxy taking no damage. You took damage landing from ejecting from any other aircraft unless you had taken certs for ejection or were light assault and used jetpack to slow your fall.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

From what I recall, they could drop from a galaxy taking no damage. You took damage landing from ejecting from any other aircraft unless you had taken certs for ejection or were light assault and used jetpack to slow your fall.
Are you talking about PS1? You never took damage when ejecting from anything ever. You got a smokey particle effect around you and landed safely.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Are you talking about PS1? You never took damage when ejecting from anything ever. You got a smokey particle effect around you and landed safely.

Nope, this is from the e3 streams of ps2.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Interesting. Ejecting from normal planes causes damage?

Seems a bit strange.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Interesting. Ejecting from normal planes causes damage?

Seems a bit strange.

More accurately the ground/cliff/cacti causes damage based on your speed of impact. That is why light assault can survive ejecting at hight/high speed, as they can slow themselves.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Galaxies come with drop pods as standard, while you have to upgrade other aircraft to have them, replacing something else like flares.  So I'm guessing light assault will end up being a popular pilot class, along with engineer.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Galaxies come with drop pods as standard, while you have to upgrade other aircraft to have them, replacing something else like flares.  So I'm guessing light assault will end up being a popular pilot class, along with engineer.

Be interesting to know if the pilot also gets the automatic drop pod in a galaxy, as I can see it being perfectly reasonable that they don't. Also whether the pilot can swap the auto droppods for something else, resulting in a galaxy that you need to land/drop from very low height/speed.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 826