Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Sanctuary: Preserving Dwarven Knowledge  (Read 24120 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sanctuary: Preserving Dwarven Knowledge
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

Huzzah! MacBookPro Retina has arrived. Should have everything back up and running tomorrow sometime. My old machine just couldn't manage DF any longer unless I dedicated it to the task (which I really couldn't afford to do.) Still need to clean things up to fit everything on the SSD.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:49 pm »

And there was great rejoicing!!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 01:39:50 pm »

And there was great rejoicing!!
Let us burn an elf to celebrate!
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:41 am »

Autumn 576

It's been quite a few years since the last caravan was able to get through. We've been sieged by the undead nearly constantly all that time. A few elven and human caravans managed to slip through, thankfully, or we'd probably have starved. Good to hear that life in the homelands is somewhat calm - perhaps we've gotten this evil forces attention focused on us here. There's an unbelievable number of undead creatures roaming around here outside the outer line. Now and then a bunch of goblins will arrive and kill them, and then they all come back to life again a bit later. I'm not sure how we're going to defeat that kind of a foe.

I think we'll be ready for migrants soon. It's taken us much longer than anticipated, but progress continues.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2012, 02:35:27 am »

Life! Yaay!

Where dis zombie body parts come from O_o. Currently there, or expected in future?

Well, you could turn temp and weather off for a bit - for the FPS boost, and if you aren't using speed 0 dwarves already, you could for a short boost to get through some of this phase.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 12:28:43 am »

Yeah, temp and weather aren't doing anything for me now. Good idea.

I'm getting regular undead sieges - about 3 seasons out of 4 right now. There must be necromancers wandering onto the map raising everything. The gobbos will hack them all apart and a season or two half the map will be covered with undead stuff walking around.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 06:10:57 am »

I don't know if you are open to using DF hack, but for ease of use you could just autodump everything on the surface and then atom smash it - getting rid of all the siege issues and hence letting the world get back on to its task of saving things.

Breaks the immersion though - I thought a work around would be to rename a dwarf to wizard, and as long as he is alive, you can use DF Hack commands :D.

Also - Still watching this thread. :D

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2012, 04:19:39 am »

Live!

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2012, 02:49:23 am »

Anything new Martin?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2012, 06:11:54 am »

C-C-C-Combo breaker!

(You can now post again without being accused of quadruple-posting :P )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2012, 06:54:34 am »

Much obliged. Morul and cacame were characters I remember and continued stories are great. Hoping it serves as encouragement

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2012, 08:15:42 am »

The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2012, 10:52:41 am »

LIVE!!!!!!
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 11:12:38 pm »

I'm here. Sorry, the last few weeks have been wicked busy - but Morul hasn't been completely idle. I'll put up a proper post soon. The first level is nearly ready for occupation - still a hundred or mechanisms to install (out of two thousand so far, so really not that many) and need to get food and booze distributed until production gets up and running and things like beds installed. The main problems have been a recurring crashing problem at the end of many seasons. No clear idea what the cause is, but I suspect something related to invaders. A few dozen to hundred restarts and it'll get past the crash, but it's wicked annoying. Hopefully the next version will fix it.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »

The main problems have been a recurring crashing problem at the end of many seasons. No clear idea what the cause is, but I suspect something related to invaders. A few dozen to hundred restarts and it'll get past the crash, but it's wicked annoying. Hopefully the next version will fix it.

DF hack's quicksave function? It's just an autosave like you can have in the init, so you could save right before the season change without having to restart it.

Good luck on this project, I m glad it still lives.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8