Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367]

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 653909 times)

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5490 on: May 19, 2024, 04:56:23 pm »

I would assume its the fact those positions are directly [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH], and the fact the monarch is the de-facto civ-level law maker.
But the diplomat doesn't arrive with the monarch despite being appointed by them.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 05:15:29 pm by aSpatula66 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: May 19, 2024, 06:50:47 pm »

Do they not? I could have sworn I got diplomats frequently. Although they do have a habit of leaving...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: May 20, 2024, 10:52:12 am »

Diplomats only arrive as visitors, whereas the general and outpost liaison arrive as citizens.
Also the diplomat and liaison are identical save for responsibilities and the diplomat having a precedence of 70 instead of 80.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 10:57:08 am by aSpatula66 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: May 20, 2024, 04:26:44 pm »

So... [NO_EMOTION] creatures are still subject to being distracted... With no solution for it. Will ramping focus sky high fix this?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5494 on: May 20, 2024, 04:36:46 pm »

Anyone with extensive creature knowledge could you please answer this question if it is at all possible to even accomplish this goal mega beasts don't usually have equipment since they are the rok, dragon,bronze Colossus and so on

I made a custom megabeast it attacks all the time but it's a humanoid and it's always naked and it never has a weapon or anything

is it possible to make mega beasts equip items somehow or is this just hard coded not possible???

I already tried adding the equips token and it did not do anything creature still arrives naked...

I noticed that some semi mega beasts have equips and they do do equipment so that makes me believe that it's a hard coded thing that mega beasts just don't equip but if someone could tell me otherwise I'd love to know how to get this thing with equipment

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: May 20, 2024, 04:43:00 pm »

The only equipment (semi)megabeasts have are artifacts that they pick up in worldgen. I think the need to be sentient to do that. There is HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:(probability here) but I'm not sure that actually works. You can also give them an ability that summons a set of armor though I'm not sure if that will automatically equip it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: May 20, 2024, 05:09:33 pm »

^that will give them weapons. Can't give them armor unfortunately.

Any creature that isn't part of a civ won't have clothing or armor to draw from, megabeasts included. And, apparently, performance troupes are also included in that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: May 20, 2024, 05:21:17 pm »

I meant I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM can create armor.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5498 on: May 20, 2024, 06:38:46 pm »

^that will give them weapons. Can't give them armor unfortunately.

Any creature that isn't part of a civ won't have clothing or armor to draw from, megabeasts included. And, apparently, performance troupes are also included in that.

Hmm that's what I thought and I thought I was going to be tricky and make a mega beast that was also a playable entity and get around that but apparently it doesn't work that's sad, spawning weapons and armor sounds tricky and crapshoot at best 😵‍💫

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: May 20, 2024, 08:12:06 pm »

I meant I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM can create armor.

Yeah, but it will just be plopped on the ground and ignored unfortunately.

One possible solution is to get them to join a civ. Give them the POWER token and some SPHEREs and they'll attempt to impersonate a deity and join a civ that way.

They will immediately attack people they see when you go visit them in adventure mode, last I checked. And human sized ones have a tendency to die early in world gen. Anything more than a hundred years and they'll be almost all gone.
I make Spellcrafts!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5500 on: May 22, 2024, 04:05:56 pm »

I don't know 100% about all this I've had young and old world alike produce these monsters in spades until I either quit or make a new world, and yes in world generation they're dying left and right it's hilarious.

And everything you said even if that workaround did work that's not even in the closest ballpark to what I wanted to happen I just wanted a mega beast to attack and have equipment that's it

In the end ultimately whether it has equipment or not is not even important it's so deadly hand-to-hand it doesn't really even need equipment I just wanted it to not be naked it was really bugging me
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367]