Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685432 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3585 on: May 25, 2019, 04:05:31 pm »

Will this tokens work if not add night creature hunter? What if make creature with four castes? Will night creature hunter spouse converter breed if have megabeast and/or power?
It does technically work without night creature hunter, but only on historical figures, so like wild animals that earned a name or megabeasts (I've never tried it with megabeasts tho) I know if you add it to civilized races, things get even more awkward, with historical figures trying to kidnap other races as spouses.

Multiple castes, gets weird. I know from experience, that if you have say, two male castes, one converter and one converted, and two female castes, following the same rules, the beast will kidnap people of the appropriate gender, but then might do a sex change by converting them into the opposite gender, ending up in a homosexual relationship, which is cool, but producing biological children, which makes no sense. Now if you had one caste converters and one converted, and two extras, idk. As I understand things, children born from spouse converters should always take on the spouse converters caste, going on to kidnap spouses of their own. So in theory, those "extra" castes should never be born from a marriage. Maybe they can appear in the wild though, from normal breeding.

If you had one converter caste and three converted castes, it would probably choose at random between the three when converting a humanoid target into the spouse converter. If you had multiple converter castes but one converted, the spouse would always be the same but the children would be one of the three at random.

I have no idea how pop ratio tags will react with converter child birth rates or spouse conversion choices. It could have no effect, it could choose castes according to pop ratios, or it could crash the game. In fact, crashing he game is always an option with any of this. When Toady One programmed the behavior, he obviously didn't intend for multiple converter and spouse castes, so everything else is also a "this might crash the game or not work like you expect"
[/quote]
Spouse converters can breed in homosexual marriage? Will this work with only two female castes and lesbian orientation of creature? I want make harpies better.

I add to all semimegabeasts two spouse castes and make vanilla castes spouse converter. But in worldgen spouses spawned. I also add power to all semimegabests, but not add night creature hunter. Powerful megabeasts have a lot issues. Example hydras breed in cave with power and can speak, also in this world one cave was lair of 50 colossi.

Will game crush if add to one caste spouse converter and converted spouse?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 25, 2019, 05:27:04 pm »

1) maybe? Ive never tried that explicitly, with two same sex castes. Ive been working under the assumption that the game was confused by the multiple castes scenario and still thought of the converted spouse as it's proper opposite gender for childbearing purposes. It may or may not work at all if you only have two same sex castes. It definitely won't result in childbirths outside of world gen. Just because the game should at that point be thinking about the gender compatibility there.

It's good to see it's kinda working for megabeasts. I guess it makes sense they would spawn of any caste. If you added pop ratio 10000 to the converter caste and pop ratio 1 to spouse caste, it might only spawn the converter then. Dunno what to tell you about the issues with power creatures in general. I know in adventure mode they don't hold their cool and pretend to be civilized, they immediately attack people. So there's more than enough problems there.

That final bit, I have absolutely no idea.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 26, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »

1) maybe? Ive never tried that explicitly, with two same sex castes. Ive been working under the assumption that the game was confused by the multiple castes scenario and still thought of the converted spouse as it's proper opposite gender for childbearing purposes. It may or may not work at all if you only have two same sex castes. It definitely won't result in childbirths outside of world gen. Just because the game should at that point be thinking about the gender compatibility there.

It's good to see it's kinda working for megabeasts. I guess it makes sense they would spawn of any caste. If you added pop ratio 10000 to the converter caste and pop ratio 1 to spouse caste, it might only spawn the converter then. Dunno what to tell you about the issues with power creatures in general. I know in adventure mode they don't hold their cool and pretend to be civilized, they immediately attack people. So there's more than enough problems there.

From experiments regarding Masterwork and modding in general if at the time a sentient creature that has been transformed is still married, they will give birth to children of the mother's creature kind regardless. Forcing a human male and a recently transformed human to elf-female to wed would result in elf children as they attempt to mate with whatever fellow sentient they're married to.

Creatures will still marry and breed across castes of their own species naturally, seperate animals will not though and no genetic inheritance really explicitly happens. So night creatures are just a vanilla workaround i guess to something you can organise likely with a DFhack script. I will say here, how you'd properly use a script to encourage a dwarf and a elf to become lovers, wed and produce horrible bearded pointy eared children is both unethical and not worth thinking about too hard.

Im not even sure if relationship points could really be read by DFhack and used like that to find two commitment open sentients, then when they're high enough flip their status to whatevers appropriate. Most races don't super associate with each other for cultural reasons.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 26, 2019, 01:07:51 pm »

Hmm, I had been planning similarly horrible experimentation in preparation for a marriage sphere secret; the goal to be to transform people into other races and/or forcibly change their personality attributes such that groups of people begin to share common interests, so any relevant science you can provide to that effect (what personality traits influence people's interest in one-another) would be appreciated!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 26, 2019, 02:17:13 pm »

Need civ creature lair for spouse converting?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 26, 2019, 02:47:35 pm »

I think the creature does need a lair, I have no idea if a civilized site meets that qualification or not.
I make Spellcrafts!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 26, 2019, 03:47:43 pm »

Hmm, I had been planning similarly horrible experimentation in preparation for a marriage sphere secret; the goal to be to transform people into other races and/or forcibly change their personality attributes such that groups of people begin to share common interests, so any relevant science you can provide to that effect (what personality traits influence people's interest in one-another) would be appreciated!

Your best bet would be harmonised sentients raised within the fortress/civ itself, like goblins & their slave populations who've took up goblin values and hence would be the most socially cohesive. For a dwarf setting, its hit or miss but other races born in the fortress immediately upon adulthood take up dwarven beards (hair stylings in this case) & customs which obviously would make them amicable to other real dwarves besides their inbuilt traits.

Elves with a long unkempt green beard working a smithy and eyeing up plants with a air of suspicion, rarely seen but doable.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 27, 2019, 07:16:32 am »

It seems like removing a permitted job tag only removes the jobs from an entity if the entire category is removed. Is there a way to remove individual jobs?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: May 27, 2019, 10:20:21 am »

It seems like removing a permitted job tag only removes the jobs from an entity if the entire category is removed. Is there a way to remove individual jobs?

Some of these are for good reason and some can be partly disabled. Jewller's can either have 1 of the cutting or embedding jobs availible and i think engraving can also be independent. Others rely on chain of production since producing metals at a smelter inheriently intends the metal's purpose down the line. You can't really have a clothier without cloth for example.

You'll just have to put in manual reactions that rely on custom buildings as a substitute for certain job functions. A custom smelter won't auto-update the list of ores/custom metalsmith forge wont auto update the list but if your thorough it should remain mostly the same.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: May 27, 2019, 10:45:05 am »

Thanks. So an entity doesn't need a permitted job tag if they have the permitted reaction tags for that job?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: May 27, 2019, 10:57:48 am »

Thanks. So an entity doesn't need a permitted job tag if they have the permitted reaction tags for that job?

Permitted job tags are only applicable to the hardcoded workshops, you can do a metalworking job from a custom building using the [PERSUASION] skill or any skill set in the reaction and earn XP for doing it, it isn't nessecary to copy the labor. Just laborious to write out reactions.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 27, 2019, 11:18:11 am »

Will any dwarf do a metalworking job from a custom building using the [PERSUASION] skill? What about a metalworking job from a custom building using the [METALSMITH] skill if that dwarf doesnt have the Metalsmith job enabled? What if they dont have the Metalsmith permitted job tag at all?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 27, 2019, 12:02:00 pm »

Will any dwarf do a metalworking job from a custom building using the [PERSUASION] skill? What about a metalworking job from a custom building using the [METALSMITH] skill if that dwarf doesnt have the Metalsmith job enabled? What if they dont have the Metalsmith permitted job tag at all?

If metalsmithing is disabled at the entity level, they won't be able to do the reaction requiring the metalsmithing skill because it is not present in their entity and crossed out in red, typically. Persuasion was a example of a skill that has no relation to the metalworking job/skill-group.

For instance i used the non-used ALCHEMY skill for my grown log transformations, since i had put permitted job alchemist onto the entity that i was playing that enabled the job (and therefore let them do the reaction and gain xp in alchemy not relevant to the exact task they were doing which was either growing logs, woodcrafting or working special elf metal in the same craftshop with the same skill)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: May 28, 2019, 08:27:55 am »

How add harpy ability to transform spouse conversion target female into harpy permanent by interaction?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 28, 2019, 01:30:24 pm »

You can't do a proper spouse conversion interactio in-game. But the basic structure of a creature transformation syndrome can be seen in the "interaction examples" folder in he werecreature file.

Actually doing it gets waaay more complex. I'd want to copy-paste raws from my Spellcrafts mod, I use it all the time, but I'm actually on my cell phone at work with four hours to go, so I can't... If you download Spellcrafts real quick you can take a look yourself, go into the raws, you can see everything, if you look hard enough, but it's a disorganized mess.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:32:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 372