Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685903 times)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3120 on: March 24, 2018, 10:39:20 pm »

I'm having some trouble with this creature. I just want them to have beards like dwarves, but instead, I keep getting two separate head-hairs. In the testing arena, their description comes out something like, "Their hair is extremely long. Their hair is extremely long." And dwarves don't have that, even without special styled or braided beard hair. So I'm wondering what's wrong with my creature? Any help?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3121 on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:40 pm »

this is your issue

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: March 24, 2018, 11:03:13 pm »

this is your issue
Which part? The whole thing?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:55 pm »

The noun is "hair" instead of something more specific. Like sideburns.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: March 25, 2018, 12:54:30 am »

How does the hide self effect work?
INTERACTION:
CREATURE:

It doesn't produce an error message, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all either.

You seem to have forgotten the [I_TARGET] block and haven't specified [IE_TARGET]. Or is that not required? I was under the impression it is.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: March 27, 2018, 01:51:40 am »

Changed it to:

and:

Now the game crashes when I do it.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #3126 on: March 27, 2018, 12:20:51 pm »

I would like to ask if somebody would look at what I have, as whenever I put it in, weird stuff such as crashes, that after I try to reload the world It immediately crashes after Preparing text objects or Preparing graphics, at which point it CTD once again.
To see if maybe I could capture on what I could do, I used a recording software and recorded the whole thing, checking frame by frame around the crash time, only to find it going around that spot in time.
To me, I wouldn't see graphics creating a game breaking bug, nor I would see slabs or necromancy things making a gamebreaking one too.
I tried deleting the entity file, only to find that It didnt even allow the game to load the world, so that idea is thrown out the window.
I tried starting from base vanilla, adding only the two mods, (Adventurecraft and Solari), and found mine caused problems, however when I read the files, I don't see anything wrong with it, I even compared it with humans, only to find that It didnt help much. So I dont really know what to do with it.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: March 27, 2018, 12:35:40 pm »

Changed it to:

and:

Now the game crashes when I do it.

You have a CDI:CDI:TARGET tag, and are still missing some others.

It's very helpful to just go through the entire interaction page on the wiki and include whatever tokens you need, since you will need most of them.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Needle_fingers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:58 am »

Hello,

is it at all possible for a creature to have a natural ranged weapon? I've been mucking about with manticores and spinedogs and was wondering if it is possible to give them a natural ranged attack such as shooting spines.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: March 29, 2018, 04:09:29 am »

Yes, see magma crabs.

Needle_fingers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:26 am »

Excellent, thank you.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3131 on: March 29, 2018, 04:28:00 am »

The main issue for now is that for natural ranged options, you only have either blunt projectiles or syndrome-inducing spatters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: March 30, 2018, 12:45:17 pm »

OR super-temperature splatters and mists that melt/freeze a target!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: March 31, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »

edit: I wrote up another plant definition and the game decided guinneafowl must be made of cheese now. Ive verified there arent any missing brackets anywhere now, I have no fucking clue what I've done to deserve this. However, copying them over to a new plant file fixed this. the old one was called plant_eb_subterra.txt and the new one is plant_underground.txt. Is there any reason the game would have a problem with that name?

This bug has reared its ugly head again, this time for someone else:

Has anyone else had this problem recently?
No, but I have noticed that when a spellcraft game finishes loading there's a line "undefined local creature material set to default: GILA_MONSTER CHEESE" in errorlog.txt under raw/objects/creature_spellcrafts_wizard.txt
I never posted about it because I couldn't track it down but considering that file has nothing to do with gila monster cheese it sounded like some memory corruption was going on.

How can I go about testing this better this time? Last time I made sure there weren't any open/closed brackets that didn't have an appropriate partner, which didn't help this issue despite fixing a few of those anyway, and my solution was to move the contents of one file whose creation seemed to correlate to the bug to another file, which worked in a sense that i stopped seeing the error, but it appears there's a deeper issue than just a filename the game doesn't like. Checking out the wizards file is my first stop. I did ask hertggf for a copy of the aberrant df install.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: March 31, 2018, 08:44:11 pm »

Not sure if I asked this before, but is there a way to make troll like servant races that don't live underground? I ask this question so I can add in my own kinds for my Goblinoids (and Orcs) Mod.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 372