Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685898 times)

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3090 on: February 07, 2018, 02:25:34 pm »

Does anyone know a way to make a certain caste of a species not able to be turned into a vampire? i know werebeasts cant, but i have no idea how to do that with a custom creature

you can add

Code: [Select]
[IT_IMMUNE_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE]
to the

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
part of the vampire interaction
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3091 on: February 07, 2018, 02:53:32 pm »

Does anyone know a way to make a certain caste of a species not able to be turned into a vampire? i know werebeasts cant, but i have no idea how to do that with a custom creature

you can add

[IT_IMMUNE_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE]
to the

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
part of the vampire interaction

Only Vampire interactions are RNG aka generated randomly for each world

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 07, 2018, 02:59:38 pm »

This might not go in this thread, but does anyone know if there is a way to make reactions need corpses as reagents?

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: February 07, 2018, 03:25:54 pm »

also, does anyone know how to get the transform-unit dfhack command to only target a certain caste? I'm trying to use guilds for my species with multiple castes, and I don't want two of them to be in guilds (they would be transformed to the weaker race)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3094 on: February 07, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »

This might not go in this thread, but does anyone know if there is a way to make reactions need corpses as reagents?

[REAGENT:corpse:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE] -- apply other tokens as you wish like NOT_ROTTEN or whatever. This should pick "bodies" not severed limbs, if you want that it's CORPSEPIECE and will require other tags on it, as I believe butchered skin and hair counts as a CORPSEPIECE.

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:10 am »

Would slowing down a creature's military skill gain rate affect the experience they get from sparring? I just want to slow down military training somewhat. As it stands right now, you can get a recruit to become a Lord from just a few years of training, and I don't really like that.

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 08, 2018, 12:35:20 pm »

does anyone know how to make a dfhack script e.g
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to require a certain caste for the unit id?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 08, 2018, 01:37:32 pm »

It's right there.

//modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName JOIN_GUILD_ALCHEMIST -command [ transform-unit -unit \\WORKER_ID -race ELDUR -caste ALCHEMIST_FEMALE ]

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 08, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »

from reading the script code, i thought that was the caste they transformed in to

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:56 pm »

Oh, I see what you mean now. No, that would require basically another wrapper script on top I think.

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: February 08, 2018, 03:36:16 pm »

does anyone have any idea how to do that?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: February 08, 2018, 03:52:29 pm »

I do, but I'm not particularly feeling up to it, basically it'd have to be modtools/creation-trigger -reactionName JOIN_GUILD_ALCHEMIST -command [ caste-filter -race ELDUR -caste [whatever_case] -command [ transform-unit -unit \\WORKER_ID -race ELDUR -caste ALCHEMIST_FEMALE ] ], and I have absolutely no goddamn idea if that would actually work due to the nested -command argument with \\WORKER_ID... it's a problem

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: February 09, 2018, 02:26:20 am »

Ok ill just do it with interactions/syndromes. Will be a bit clunky but it'll work

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: February 10, 2018, 12:51:07 pm »

I got a question about the rate at which creatures appear in specific biomes on the world map.
Looking for a rather specific embark location, I fiddled around with the advanced world generation for the last few days until I got it set up the way I want without crashing.
Now I get a lot of the environmental conditions I want, but I still have troubles getting the right creatures to spawn.
Whenever I embark, I use the DF Hack command region-pops list-all to see which creatures can in theory appear.
But even though gorillas can show up in tropical moist broadleaf forest, they are almost never there.

My question is, which token I would have to edit in their raws to increase this.
As far as I understood [FREQUENCY] increases the rate at which they appear in your fort, so they show up more often during your game if they are present at all.
But I am not worried about the chance of a present species showing up at a given time in the fort, but about them being present on the embark location in general.
What I am looking for is a way to make a regular gorilla population reliably show up in any given tropical moist broadleaf forest biome in the world I generated.

Any clue which tokens to look at to influence this?

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: February 12, 2018, 04:46:58 am »

Where would i put the creature name in CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE and is there a way to make it require a tag e.g CAN_SPEAK?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 372