Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686207 times)

SageHeist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2835 on: August 20, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »

Hey new to the forum and not sure where to ask this but this seems the most likely place to do it.

I need help making a dragon/human hybrid similar to a draconian. I would like them to have the fire immunity the dragons do and the fire breath and wings but to be human shaped, Including the head. I would prefer them to have dragonscales as their skin but if that is too much I understand. As for civilization goes I would just prefer if they were only playable as outsiders in adventure mode. If they can still have normal human hair and eyes that would be preferred but the appearance takes a major backseat. I have no clue how to do this myself and I have tried learning it. Everything just flies over my head, I am lost.

Edit: I have looked at the wiki and guides on how to do this as well but it still just goes over my head.
Edit again: I figure this is a given but just in case its not, with the wings I also am asking flight.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:38:12 pm by SageHeist »

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 21, 2017, 12:14:15 am »

You should find the dragon part in the creature_XXX.txt and the human part in the human.txt. This should give you a lot of clues on how to pick thing in one or another to make an hybrid. Most of the tag speak for themselves, the other can be found on the wiki (just write "dwarf fortress creature token" on google to find the page)

For the civilisation part it's quite different (it's in the entity_XXX.txt ) but you should create the creature first before create a civs that use this creature.

SageHeist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 22, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »

Okay I have the basics on it. I cannot figure out how to change the scale's color? It will stay green no matter what I have done. I cannot find a guide on the wiki either. If someone could send a link and tell me where to look for it or show me an example of the code that would be appreciated.

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 22, 2017, 07:09:54 pm »

so i have a creature that if you drink its blood it will cause a interaction i want it to trigger the interaction if you touch the blood too just at a lower rate i took the effect for when you eat it and just set the probability to 10 but it doesnt work to test it i put it to 100 it still never triggered any idea what i might be doing wrong.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: August 22, 2017, 08:05:32 pm »

Do you have [SYN_CONTACT]?

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 22, 2017, 08:42:49 pm »

Yeah but in the interaction itself it doesn't have a source for contact but thats not a possible source in interactions

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 22, 2017, 08:56:25 pm »

Yeah but in the interaction itself it doesn't have a source for contact but thats not a possible source in interactions

Create a custom blood mat and add the syndrome to it directly in the material definition.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2842 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:52 pm »

Okay I have the basics on it. I cannot figure out how to change the scale's color? It will stay green no matter what I have done. I cannot find a guide on the wiki either. If someone could send a link and tell me where to look for it or show me an example of the code that would be appreciated.
Check out how dwarves handle things like eyebrow colors, then look at the creature token list on the wiki. Dwarf raws are well commented, and the wiki explains the tokens. Really you just need to edit
Code: [Select]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:<color token>:<relative frequency>]
You can repeat the two args as many times as you want just add a : in between freq and the second color token.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

SageHeist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 23, 2017, 09:19:01 am »

Check out how dwarves handle things like eyebrow colors, then look at the creature token list on the wiki. Dwarf raws are well commented, and the wiki explains the tokens. Really you just need to edit
You can repeat the two args as many times as you want just add a : in between freq and the second color token.

Thank you, it worked. Is there any way to weaken Dragonfire or have a weaker version of it? or do I just need to expand the wait time to use it. On my custom race that is. Not actual dragons. For a playable race, it is far too overpowered. Useful and fun to play with but still overpowered. And how do I allow my race to wrestle? For some reason, it cannot wrestle unless it has a weapon in hand.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2844 on: August 23, 2017, 11:18:22 am »

Thank you, it worked. Is there any way to weaken Dragonfire or have a weaker version of it? or do I just need to expand the wait time to use it. On my custom race that is. Not actual dragons. For a playable race, it is far too overpowered. Useful and fun to play with but still overpowered. And how do I allow my race to wrestle? For some reason, it cannot wrestle unless it has a weapon in hand.
Fire in DF is kinda inherently overpowered, but try switching the flow token from 'DRAGONFIRE' to 'FIREJET', it burns 39000°U cooler than dragonfire and is a little more narrow.

The wrestling issue I'm not sure about without seeing some raws. Do they have the punch and kick interactions? Do their hands have [GRASP]? Are you sure they aren't just choosing not to wrestle?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:21:34 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:47 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble comprehending proper syntax for item codes as they are references in, say, dropping a specific item upon death.

If I wanted to make a creature drop an apple upon death, how would I go about that? It's for the FRUIT SINGULARITY ENGINE that transforms a creature into a random-ish fruit upon use.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:17 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble comprehending proper syntax for item codes as they are references in, say, dropping a specific item upon death.

If I wanted to make a creature drop an apple upon death, how would I go about that? It's for the FRUIT SINGULARITY ENGINE that transforms a creature into a random-ish fruit upon use.
Question first: are you trying to make a creature drop the same kind of apple that a tree grows, or are you making a new edible item called 'apple'? Making an entirely new item might be easier.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 23, 2017, 02:16:17 pm »

Basically, try imagining four slots. Item type : item subtype : material : material identifier. All slots must be filled. If you've got nothing (an extremely common situation with item subtypes), you use NONE. (older files may have the deprecated NO_SUBTYPE instead. they mean the same thing)

Next, it depends on what you mean by this, how you say, "apple". Since I'm not a git I'll assume it's the normal one.

[PLANT:APPLE] malus sieversii
[GROWTH:FRUIT]
[GROWTH_NAME:apple:STP]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:FRUIT]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_HOST_TILE:BRANCHES_AND_TWIGS]
[GROWTH_TIMING:120000:200000]
[GROWTH_DROPS_OFF_NO_CLOUD]
[GROWTH_PRINT:'%':'%':4:0:0:120000:200000:3]
[GROWTH_HAS_SEED]

There's the magic four-piece chain already, see it? However, the item token listing says that even though it says PLANT_GROWTH:NONE in here, references elsewhere will have to use the growth's name as the subtype.

You'll also have to clarify what plant you're talking about, since using LOCAL_PLANT_MAT is only good when you're talking to the apple tree what its children are like.

Did you find an answer? Here's my take on what a death-spawned apple should look like:
[ITEMCORPSE:PLANT_GROWTH:FRUIT:PLANT_MAT:APPLE:FRUIT]
...there's a weird redundancy in here that I'm not too familiar with. The growth's definition already has its own idea what material it's made of, but you could potentially just force in your own material data here, like replacing the PLANT_MAT and the stuff after it with INORGANIC:BRASS or something. Can't help you there too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 23, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

Ahhhhh yes I get it now. Thanks for the in-depth.

I've already got a local fruit material, I can call that easily enough. You see the creature gets turned into an immobile apple-creature, and then if it dies before the transformation runs out I want it to create an edible apple.

I think that even if I muck it up I now understand it well enough to troubleshoot. Thanks for the assist!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 24, 2017, 10:31:00 am »

How to inflict syndromes at a range using an interaction? I want to make a spell that makes every bodpart to explode into gore (or maybe only the head, neck, upper body and lower body for my glass cannon-ish cat god character.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 372