Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686240 times)

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of orphan tears
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2805 on: August 12, 2017, 01:41:31 pm »

Keep running into an issue with my custom race for the since 0.43.03 and still don't know what the cause is... When creatures die they leave a corpse eg: Urist McDeadDwarf's corpse where as mine leave Urist McDeadMousefolk's nail (same name regardless of severed body part) Urist McDeadMousefolk's Left hand nail. Which is bugging me, tried doing the whole [REMAINS] tag to force a rename... but nothing. Everything else is fine with the race other than super minor tweaking like keeping hair length short-average instead of extremely long.

Race mod is this one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159684.0

Spoiler is Mousefolk Raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I ran your race in my DF 4303, and got the same issue, but I also found some strange stuff in the errorlog that may be of interest to you if you weren't made aware of it already:
Urist McEntombed says: At least it does not rain down here.

Ralkesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 12, 2017, 07:04:34 pm »

So I ran your race in my DF 4303, and got the same issue, but I also found some strange stuff in the errorlog that may be of interest to you if you weren't made aware of it already:

huh... I never checked the error log...
The cheese dependency was a something that I wanted to see was doable (don't think its possible) as for the rest of the errors, any way of fixing them so it all works out?

The facial hair not working is I think due to me trying to keep hair from becoming extremely long, was aiming to have both as short/average/long unless I re-add the reagent for shearers to drag unsuspecting micefolk off to the farmer's workshop for haircuts... except it got weird as their shaven hair would be turned into thread then cloth and sold to the hipster elves
A small mouse-like humanoid with a long tail, short silky fur and a twitching nose.  He has a preference for cheese and requires coffee to get through the working day.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: August 12, 2017, 07:06:49 pm »

The cheese dependency was a something that I wanted to see was doable (don't think its possible)

Every creature token is on this page.

Ralkesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:28 pm »

Looking through the creature token page. and removed the cheese dependency tag from the raw file as it never worked. So one error down.
A small mouse-like humanoid with a long tail, short silky fur and a twitching nose.  He has a preference for cheese and requires coffee to get through the working day.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:55 am »

My custom race builds sites similar to humans. To speed up the construction in fortress mode I would like to switch around their mining speed with their construction speed -- in other words, they build constructions at the same rate as dwarves dig (which is fast), and they dig at the same rate as dwarves build constructions (which is slow). Is this possible? How can I do this?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:22 am »

My custom race builds sites similar to humans. To speed up the construction in fortress mode I would like to switch around their mining speed with their construction speed -- in other words, they build constructions at the same rate as dwarves dig (which is fast), and they dig at the same rate as dwarves build constructions (which is slow). Is this possible? How can I do this?

Pretty sure everything builds and mines at same ratees, and mining speed rises with skill
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:47 pm »

I'm fairly certain agility and strength factor in somewhere...
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: August 13, 2017, 04:04:34 pm »

Yeah, those at least determine movement speed, and dwarves have to move to get to the next tile to mine.

More along the topic lines, you can use skill learn rates to make this race learn mining slowly or the skill rust more quickly, so it will take them years of work beyond what dwarves take to become proficient, but not change build speed, as thats not linked to a skill or anything. Used to be that making them faster overall via the speed vriable would mean they did everything faster, but now that movement is based largely on gaits and is separate from work ticks im not sure anything can directly affect that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: August 13, 2017, 07:53:49 pm »

Working on a creature which would be able to suck all of the blood out of a person, thus killing them. Wondering how much blood humans have, for use in SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD. Couldn't find anything anywhere else, so help would be greatly appreciated.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: August 13, 2017, 08:11:42 pm »

7000 on average. The raw number might be different; if 7000 doesn't work try 70000.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: August 13, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »

7000 on average. The raw number might be different; if 7000 doesn't work try 70000.
Thank you!
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: August 14, 2017, 07:19:46 am »

I found a minor bug with noble appointment in my mod. I was able to fix it but I don't want to restart my current town. Is there a DFhack tool that can apply raw changes to live entities?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:34 am »

I found a minor bug with noble appointment in my mod. I was able to fix it but I don't want to restart my current town. Is there a DFhack tool that can apply raw changes to live entities?
Don't think so no

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2818 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:58 am »

Is it possible to exclude creatures from appearing in only a single cavern layer?

I'm trying to make some creatures appear aboveground but also deep underground, however since UNDERGROUND_DEPTH works as a min-max argument they'd appear in every layer with it set to 0:3, which I don't want.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: August 15, 2017, 09:05:28 am »

Is it possible to exclude creatures from appearing in only a single cavern layer?

I'm trying to make some creatures appear aboveground but also deep underground, however since UNDERGROUND_DEPTH works as a min-max argument they'd appear in every layer with it set to 0:3, which I don't want.
Nope. You could make a surface and deep variant, though.

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 372