Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 684017 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1635 on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »

Will somebody already please tell me what calculations does BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER use to add/remove from BODY_SIZE!?? I need to know and I can't figure it out. >:(
You might be thinking about it too hard. See, I've got here this elk. Grown-up, description says nothing special. Totally boring average individual forest stomper.

[BODY_SIZE:2:0:300000]

That's his template size, but his "actually real, honest" body size described elsewhere in the memory says that he's 342,000 cubic centimeters big! The modifiers must be doing something.

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]

So what do these mean? Digging in the memory says that at birth, he rolled 108 for height and 106 shoulder width compared to the absolute average. Pretty high-end for elk, to be honest, considering how going past +/-10% modifier for either is vanishingly rare, but +6% and +8% bonuses to body mass still aren't enough to show in the description.

So, the final body modifier bonus is 114% of the reference number. Multiply the basic body size with 1.14 and... it's exactly 342000.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 12, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »

Will somebody already please tell me what calculations does BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER use to add/remove from BODY_SIZE!?? I need to know and I can't figure it out. >:(
You might be thinking about it too hard. See, I've got here this elk. Grown-up, description says nothing special. Totally boring average individual forest stomper.

[BODY_SIZE:2:0:300000]

That's his template size, but his "actually real, honest" body size described elsewhere in the memory says that he's 342,000 cubic centimeters big! The modifiers must be doing something.

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]

So what do these mean? Digging in the memory says that at birth, he rolled 108 for height and 106 shoulder width compared to the absolute average. Pretty high-end for elk, to be honest, considering how going past +/-10% modifier for either is vanishingly rare, but +6% and +8% bonuses to body mass still aren't enough to show in the description.

So, the final body modifier bonus is 114% of the reference number. Multiply the basic body size with 1.14 and... it's exactly 342000.

Ahhh! Thank you! *hands you a divine metal mastercraft greataxe* Anyway, that I think just solved my issue and makes sense! So a largest tiger man is as calculation follows: (225000 + 70000)/2 = 147,500 - the default tiger man. Largest tiger: 225000 x 1.30 = 292,500.
Largest tiger man: (292500 + 70000)/2 = 181,250.

All of that makes my current largest lynx drogoth from a lynx-demon (which is currently 60,000 at default and 78,000 at largest) to 74,000 and if my lynx-demon was at 210000 then a drogoth be at 171,500 from the default 140,000. Progress! ..?.. Profit?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:20:51 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

DairyProduct

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 14, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »

I just started modding, and decided that making a generic "slime" creature would be an easy way to learn the basics. Im trying to make a metal slime variation that produces metal bars when either sheared or butchered.

For butchering, Is this the proper usage of EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As for shearing, is it as simple as adding a hair tissue layer that has the INORGANIC:IRON material?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »

I just started modding, and decided that making a generic "slime" creature would be an easy way to learn the basics. Im trying to make a metal slime variation that produces metal bars when either sheared or butchered.

For butchering, Is this the proper usage of EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT?
As for shearing, is it as simple as adding a hair tissue layer that has the INORGANIC:IRON material?

Looking at it, that should totally work, but the usual way is to use categories instead of the hard bodypart functions. :BY_CATEGORY:BODY or BODY_UPPER and such.

Shearing is a more complicated than that, though. You need the hair tissue to have set growth rates and the cutoff when it's long enough for the shearing job to get a green light. Even then, I'd assume it still produces a "hair" bodypart item that you'd have to separately process somehow to turn it into bars. You're better off going with EBOs right now, I think.

edit: Oh! You missed the subtype in the item definition. It should be BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON. It's a little dumb that leaving it blank won't do, but it's the system.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:49:26 pm by scamtank »

Vardia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 15, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

I'm wondering if there's a way to change what types of creatures dwarves can worship? My googlefu returned nothing but how to change spheres they worship.

Also is there a way to change which creatures can be intelligent adventurers? I just think tick and worm men are silly.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 15, 2016, 01:14:56 pm »

First one is a no, as far as I know. Deities take the form they choose. Most commonly they appear as the main race of the entity that worships them.

The tag that allows you to play an animal is the [LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] tag, in the creature raws. Remove it to remove the option for adventurers of that race.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 17, 2016, 08:48:27 pm »

Now, how do I make it so that when my adventurer starts as a hearthperson from point A that he/she wouldn't worship anybody? It's a big personal reason of mine why I have to start as an outsider as I don't worship anything in real life and neither do I want my characters to worship some deity ingame.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:54:10 pm by Droggarth »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 18, 2016, 03:37:25 pm »

This might seem like a silly question but, I want to have a dark fortress civilization worship light based things, is there any way for a spire to be lifted up for a demon of light/sun or something like that? and have angels of light and stuff at the vault rather than war/death angels?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 18, 2016, 04:34:52 pm »

The "recipe" for demons that's lying around inside the .exe has nothing but the usual evil spheres, I'm afraid. There's no way to do so without risk of unintentionally making other things weird.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 18, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »

Guys, I'm quite bummed about my problem. I have no idea if this is working properly on my existing character:

Thing is my speed's the same for the character and the changes I made (removal of fat and addition of thicker tissues) makes any new drogoth in the same world accordingly a bit slower. Problem is the speed is still the same for the existing character so I don't know jack if the changes are in effect or not and if I'm going start over with my character I NEED to turn the damn worship off (need the music and dance forms right off the bat) and my brain's too overloaded and overburdened already.

I really fucking hope the changes work already for my current character. Should've removed the stupid FAT and added those RELATIVE_THICKNESS stuff days ago.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 18, 2016, 06:58:14 pm »

Pre-existing creatures are usually set, while new creatures will reflect the changes made in the raws. I'm not quite sure what changes occur right away and which do not, however.

I don't think there is a way to make an individual creature atheistic, other than sitting at the character creation screen hitting randomize over and over. Though you should be able to just remove the worship-related tags from the entity to create an atheist nation.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 18, 2016, 07:39:18 pm »

Pre-existing creatures are usually set, while new creatures will reflect the changes made in the raws. I'm not quite sure what changes occur right away and which do not, however.

I don't think there is a way to make an individual creature atheistic, other than sitting at the character creation screen hitting randomize over and over. Though you should be able to just remove the worship-related tags from the entity to create an atheist nation.

I've tried the randomize thing and the only thing that comes close is 'dubious worshiper' and even that offends me to no end. Agh! Screw music, screw dance forms, screw the hassle (all three for the time being), it's a pain to do the all talking anyway. I'll just revert the world and make yet ANOTHER reboot of the outsider drogoth character, craft the sword and helm and backpack and a couple of other stuff (which actually is kinda, therapeutic) and do what I like doing best in this game: Hacking and beating the living shit out of my foes!

Sorry if I seem aggressive, I'm not. Just exhausted/burned out while wanting to play the game and not wanting to start over.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:42 am »

what exactly does BLOOD_SUCKER do?
and how do I make a creature that can't move or attack?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:10 am »

The wiki says that BLOODSUCKER may (or may not) make the creature aggressive when you denounce it as a creature of the night, such as a vampire. Actual blood sucking is added in by modifying an attack to drain blood, or an interaction to make vampires.

You can make a creature immobile by giving it the [IMMOBILE] tag, but even if you remove all attacks, a creature is always capable of doing a simplistic 'push' type of attack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1649 on: March 22, 2016, 10:05:30 am »

The wiki says that BLOODSUCKER may (or may not) make the creature aggressive when you denounce it as a creature of the night, such as a vampire. Actual blood sucking is added in by modifying an attack to drain blood, or an interaction to make vampires.

You can make a creature immobile by giving it the [IMMOBILE] tag, but even if you remove all attacks, a creature is always capable of doing a simplistic 'push' type of attack.
Doesn't BLOODSUCKER also make a creature need to drink blood and allow it do so by pressing "e" near unconscious/sleeping targets? Looking in the example folder I don't see any unique blood-sucking attack added along with the syndrome.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 372