Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686231 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1155 on: February 17, 2015, 03:11:31 am »

World generation works perfectly fine for me with the code you put up. :|
Badger Storm's computer is haunted.

Such crashes is difficult to find because it's likely related to memory. Did you try "cull unimportant figures" in world gen? Smaller worlds? It is likely not the creatures you posted that cause the issue but civilized ones, even the non modified standard.

Long story short, your worlds may have too many people living in it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:47 am »

World generation works perfectly fine for me with the code you put up. :|
Badger Storm's computer is haunted.

Such crashes is difficult to find because it's likely related to memory. Did you try "cull unimportant figures" in world gen? Smaller worlds? It is likely not the creatures you posted that cause the issue but civilized ones, even the non modified standard.

Long story short, your worlds may have too many people living in it.
Right, his machine has more souls in it than it can handle without them getting restless.  So, it's haunted ;)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 19, 2015, 09:35:55 pm »

Some wise advise for testing how well something generates in a world - use the simple world generation set to Smaller or Pocket with a Very Short history (Short at most) with everything else left the same; setting metals to Frequent is also a good idea.
Smaller/Pocket worlds with Short/Very Short histories generate very quickly, even on older machines, and don't generate too much lag, making them optimal for speedy generation testing.

Plump Helmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 20, 2015, 02:36:53 am »

Somehow, during the process of creating new races and creatures for a mod I've been working on, Dwarf Fortress decided that it would be pretty neat if unicorns got to run their own civilizations. Normal, unmodded, unintelligent unicorns. Why? Who knows?

Judging from the position names in the "unicorn" civilizations, I think it's because the game isn't recognizing where one creature definition ends and the other begins for some reason It's not that, the creature just before it (an intelligent race that actually should be creating civilizations) still appears in Arena mode. Curious.

Upon further inspection, it seems to be acting as if I have both the modded creature and unicorns as being part of the same civilization even though they're not (and not supposed to be).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:47:29 am by Plump Helmet »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 20, 2015, 02:44:20 am »

Duped raws. Check your errorlog. You have exactly one creature ID twice.

Plump Helmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 20, 2015, 03:12:31 am »

The duplicate raw wasn't either of the creatures in question, but it's gone now and things seem to have cleared up.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 20, 2015, 06:08:58 am »

Hello my children, can you help me.
I want to be able to play as the special demons that escape during world gen, the ones that rule from slade spires with the random generation and all.
Is this possible?
I want a random demon character generator for adventure mode.
HELP

Love wolfy...
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 20, 2015, 08:00:27 am »

You cannot control world-generation historical figures in adventure mode, but there may be some creature generators around the forums somewhere. I don't know which ones have been updated to 40.xx though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:09 am »

You can make a non-spawnable ENTITY with any generated forgotten beast or demon specified as an entity creature. Just don't forget to give it adventure tier and INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, and you will be able to play as an outsider.

You can find the exact IDs for the creatures if you don't compress saves and open a save with a text editor. If I remember correctly, it's something like FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1 etc.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 20, 2015, 08:10:28 am »

I dont want to control historical figures. Just to have a demon entity that when I play adventure mode and select a demon outsider,  I get a randomly generated demon, totaly random but I want it to use the same random generation of the historical demons.
To sum it up, I dont want to know what I am until I start playing.

The idea is to seed more demons in my worlds that I have control over. So I can easily get a demon king in my fortress. and have wars against the others.
And for fun
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 20, 2015, 08:30:38 am »

One way to do that would be to create a creature with many different castes that represent different types of demons.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1166 on: February 20, 2015, 08:42:03 am »

Okay, question.  How exactly do you make a race produce a material (for example, 'crate' items)?  I have a creature with the crate material, a reaction that produces bars of that material for free, and I give the reaction to the entity... but it just doesn't show up.  What am I missing?  What are the requirements?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 20, 2015, 11:37:10 am »

Can I get it so an entity makes settlements with an existing race (say, humans) but it has their name on it?
So, for instance, an entity called 'Balloon enthusiasts' (not the actual idea) made up of dwarves and humans, that make hillocks and hamlets etc. called 'Balloon Enthusiast hamlet/hillock etc.'?
thincake

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 20, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

Multi-racial entities aren't quite in yet.

Though mixed populations can occur, such as dwarves migrating to/being conquered by human sites, they cannot start as a mixed entity of dwarves and humans.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:16 pm »

You can put two creatures into a BALLOON_ENTHUSIAST entity definition, but they don't do what you'd expect.  Each civ instance will select one of the available creatures at random.  All of the civs based on that entity definition will have identical ethics and therefore be likely to swap immigrants, but not nearly as mixed as a modder might have hoped.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 372