Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329774 times)

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.11] - Revocane's Let's play link in OP
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »

Oh shit. My utility spiders had size of 350k (like centurions) while I wanted to make them dog-sized. It explains the ownage. BRB, fixing.
That explains it, then. :P

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:39 pm »

Oh shit. My utility spiders had size of 350k (like centurions) while I wanted to make them dog-sized. It explains the ownage. BRB, fixing.
I knew I wasn't crazy, or lucky.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:57 am »

Sounds like utility spiders going to get a mini variation of themselves. "we used robotic spiders to clean our selves but they where kinda on the big size, they tend to clean and protect dwarves back then, up until some dwarf went and crafted a smaller version of it for personal use. you can still craft one of the older models"
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2012, 09:07:40 am »

I took a companion with me to a bandit camp, the warlord charge him--missed--and rushed by...
In that moment I headbutted him in the leg from the side, shattering the bone...
Soccer would be a blood-bath in DF.

That aside, I'm having some issues getting companions to pick up/equip specific items. What's the secret?
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:31 am »

Make them move on the tile with items, and make sure their hands are empty.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2012, 09:46:25 am »

oh logrin the companion order has a 'hidden' set of commands that allows you to shove your companions into a minecart.
I also dump a ollie minecart function and hotkey for use in dfhack.
So you could end up doing crazy stunts like ollie over the bandit leader and chopping his head off at the same time.
or horribly die from smaking into a tree above a hill you tried to jump...
pull off a drive by with a cart full of archers and roll off with ease... in the air
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

metgyre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

is there some sort of manual for this so I can figure out what everything does?  Looks like a cool mod, but I can't figure anything out.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2012, 01:51:11 am »

I have quite a problem here, I'll usually start off the game in a snakeman town, where I'll wander around for a while, but then the snakemen get pissed at me for no reason and attack.

This sometimes happens in other towns, but not nearly as often as in snakeman towns. I've also discovered they don't go insane if I play as a snakeman.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2012, 03:31:49 am »

So I just tried to use the summoning shrine to summon a bebelith, and nothing happened.

Well, i saw some smoke, and then the dwarf just walked away, so it seems the transformation just isn't working properly.

The subject I used was just a normal stone clan dwarf with nothing else special about her. Could it be that the castes are interfering with the transformations?

Edit: Actually I just remembered: when i was sacrificing dwarfs to get the opals, some of the smoke did not turn them into husks while others did. Maybe the dwarf just wasn't exposed long enough.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:34:32 am by cAPSLOCK »
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:46 am »

I want to report that magma sauna vent does not work. I tried building it to of a stairwell leading to magma one level below. I tried doing it like this:
Nothing worked, everitime when I tried to do something it said that I need to have a magma, what can be the problem?

EDIT:

I tried to change the dimensions of sauna vent and it worked, but since I suck at making the workshops it looks like crap.

Ergo, to make them work you need to make it bigger.

LostLover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:43 am »

What can do druids in fortress mode except> transform to beast and run away?Oo

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:10:41 am by LostLover »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2012, 08:13:46 am »

Eh, it could be a problem with 1 tile magma buildings, Sirmaril. Thanks, I will look into it.

What can do druids in fortress mode except> transform to beast and go away?Oo
They cast "harm" on their enemies (causes pain), charm hostile animals (the animal stops for some time, works on multiple at once), animals are "animal" class of creature, which I guess should be "mammal" (they can't charm reptiles, insects etc, only animals like bears, wolves etc).
Also druids cast "empower" on up to 3 dwarves at once when they get a chance, it buffs their strength/toughness, and they are also supposed to cast recuperation spell which I probably forgot. I will fix it too in the next save-compatible update I am preparing now.

Capslock: it's some issue with DF smoke interaction, I will repeat the product line to create more magical smoke to make it more certain because many people already complained about that, originally it had a chance to trigger or not.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:50 am »

is there some sort of manual for this so I can figure out what everything does?  Looks like a cool mod, but I can't figure anything out.
Only what you find in the first post. I am slowly working on Excel spreadsheet but I'd rather update the mod more.

I have quite a problem here, I'll usually start off the game in a snakeman town, where I'll wander around for a while, but then the snakemen get pissed at me for no reason and attack.

This sometimes happens in other towns, but not nearly as often as in snakeman towns. I've also discovered they don't go insane if I play as a snakeman.

It's the same issue which can happen with goblins in vanilla (if you give them towns, that is). Local banditry makes random groups of the same civ to be bandits to each other or something.
They are supposed to be a hostile and murderous evil civ anyway. So don't feel bad.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LostLover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2012, 09:38:09 am »

ty
Deon druids can cast only if they civilian?

They can do work like normal dwarf -> i send all of them to military, but i just dont see any effect of druids spels Oo
sorry for engrish   :-X

and occult grove  alway self destroed, its bug?oO

...And some one can help please -> military dwarf just store arm/weapon in bin realy often, they drop equip and then go grab it again and again.... (setup Over clthng and Partial matches. What this is mean?Oo  )
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:12:27 am by LostLover »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2012, 10:19:15 am »

do they by chance have mining/woodcutting enabled?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 108