No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 263001 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4110 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »

[The idea I meant with that dialog, is that thari would have wanted her creation to experience the pain/pleasure of the attack. She would have prevented its death, but would not have reacted to pevent the violence. Weird does not want to cause suffering of any sort. Askak (rightfully) distrusts weird, doubly so since learning of peepers, which is proof-in-the-pudding that weird has studied thari's work. The two have very errie parallels. The potential for weird to follow down her road is quite real, and dangerous. It is something weird is aware of, and actively chooses to resist. It was this relationship that made me mention lovecraft's "rats in the walls"; Mr Delapoure's family had skeletons in the closet. Horrible, eldritch ones. He himself though, was innocent. His family connections and investigations of same led to his fate. Likewise, thari's works are eldritch horrors. Weird studied them with the best of intentions, but that doesn't mean he won't endure consequences. Twisted logic and morality, coupled with power, leads to strange ends. 

No matter what, in many respects, weird will never cease to be a monster in his own right. The scariest ones are the ones with human faces, not the ones that go bump in the night. Askak knows that first hand. It's why he finds wierd's sentimentalities to be so much bullshit. I think he laments that weird even looked at her work; his very reading of it has made him too dangerous to ever fully trust, regardless of the philosophy applied.

Weird is VERY capable of causing horrible, unrelenting pain in others. He just has to believe that they deserve it. Thari beleived everyone deserved it, as she felt that the suffering itself was a sublime gift to be shared with all. Weird feels that such cruelty is reserved for those that willfully harm the innocent, and kick the downtrodden for fun. For instance, "kung fu master" on the island? Weird would have no problems mentally, from using every trick in thari's little encyclopedia of horror on him. He would feel the bastard deserves it. That is why weird is very dangerous. Very. Very. Dangerous.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: September 07, 2012, 08:22:11 pm »

[Remember: Mita is the name of the human soldier that survived the Slashdiver detonation.]

Mita shook his head to keep himself awake.  He knew he shouldn't have taken Logem's shift last night.  At least he had someone to get a favor from around here.  Mesm knows he would eventually need it.

He stopped to massage his neck, and saw something in an outcropping about 30 yards to the north.  It was not far off of his route, so he went over to it.  When he arrived, he knelt down and picked up what he had seen.  It was a crystal, about the size of his palm.  He shouldered his rifle to get a better look at it, but when he touched it with is left hand, energy shot forth and into his mind.  He almost cried out in pain before the energy flow ended, leaving him dazed.  When he opened his hands, all that remained of the crystal was a small pile of shards.  Mita was about to put them into his vest pocket, when he noticed a ring within the pile.  He picked it up and saw that it seemed to be made of steel studded with small shards of the crystal.  He put the other shards into his vest pocket and slipped the ring on.  Mildly enthused when it fit.

Thinking that one of the forumites would be interested in this, Mita went over to his captain to request to return to the fort to regain some of his lost sleep.  Duthnur, his captain, knew of Mita's now triple shift and allowed him to return to the fort, but under the condition that he would wake up Logem for the night shift.  Mita agreed and hurried back towards the fortress.  Along the way, he noticed that he was moving at a quicker rate than earlier, and out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw that his arm was covered in the fur of a lion.  He stopped quick and looked frantically, but all he saw was his normal arm.  Mita passed this off as a halucination brought about by lack of sleep, and continued on his way, having no further incidents.

When he arrived, he asked around to find out which of the forumites would be interested in unique items.  Those he asked told him that a dwarf by the name of 'Wierd Joykill' would be interested, but he had left a while ago to collect some stuff from the surrounding area.  Knowing this, he woke up Logem and relayed Duthnur's orders.  Logem thanked him as he left, and Mita sat up against the wall, rifle lying upon his legs, and fell asleep till morning.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: September 08, 2012, 03:22:05 am »

[Gah, SCP wiki is stealing all my writing time. Will post tomorrow.]

Vemini stood over the sleeping human. The long weapon, like nothing he had ever seen before. The back of it looked somewhat like a crossbow stock, but that was all the familiarity there was to it. He supposed he would ask for a demonstration tomorrow. For now, though, his 8th consecutive watch shift that week: Vemini didn't sleep.

"So, another subject then, dwarf. This one of ours whom you've adopted amongst yourselves."

"The one with the axe-hands."

"No. The metal one. The one who has been here longest, though we know little of him. What do you know of him?"

"Well, he has a name, for one. Vemini."

"Then it is an elvish name, though we have forgotten much of the speech of our home. Thari taught made us speak the language of her goddess. What does it mean, I wonder? It has some word-meaning, unlike the alien names your people bring. Not Dwarf names. Names like Jerry, which we hear the other one of ours is called now."

"I can tell you we've been treating both of them fairly," began Wierd.

"This I do not doubt. I did meet others of your people. Vemini, though, we have all wondered about for a long time. What do you know?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50:51 pm »

Four days without a post? Come on people!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: September 11, 2012, 10:48:00 pm »

Four days without a post? Come on people!
You said it! Also, welcome back.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:45 am »

Swordthunders' cricket demons are coming...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:44:05 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: September 12, 2012, 08:38:30 am »

Worse; I'm uploading my kitten to the internet, and he's coming right at ya!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:44 pm »

[Well, I suppose i could use this period of silence to write a bit of Backstory for Corvus.]

Corvus stares off towards the tower, thinking of something that once happened to him.

"It reminds you of the tower We met in, Aren't you. These people are not like those who have wronged you in the past."

"Of course I know that. They werent dwarves, or dragons, or whatever. They were goblins, and Humans."

"Almost everyone has something they wish wasn't how it occurred. It is just a fact of life."

"Yes, Surkla, I know that, But i spent 7 years trapped there. After the Marshal appeared, it went from bad to worse. The goblins weren't just Training their captives to serve them anymore. They were Sacrificing them."

"Yes, and what happened before you were to be sacrificed? You met a scared new magic-wielding prisoner, and Then saved her from being Killed by the marshal."

"We never did find out who, or what, the marshal was, I mean by the time we killed him, he had grown wings, Claws as sharp as Sabers, and who knows what else... But where were the other ones like him coming from, or who was that man who came and led the rest of the slaves to rise up? Its the questions like that I still think about."

"We at least have stayed together since that. That I think is still a good thing."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: September 12, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »

[...........my employer has decided that the last batch of soul-devouring parts from Spirit Tulsa weren't enough to break my spirit and make me accept the lord of darkness as my one true master, so they got 50 more just like the last ones, but now with *added evil!*. Oh yeah. They are a "top priority" item.  God... I would take term papers over this shit any day. And people wonder why egineers become cruel, cynical, and spiteful......]

[In a nutshell, I am having to alter their engineering datasets to match some special work instructions they have issued. However, the way they built their datasets precludes 'easy' modification. They are made in the most backward and difficult way the software allows you to use, simply because the people they had make them are pretending it is 1990, and they are using software 4 generations old. The methods they are using to make these datasets are only available for compatibility and last-resort scenarios, but the bozos that made these models used them anyway, and now I am having to juggle regressions and unintended consequences from the modification effort. All because some old fucks on a union roster could ignore the CORRECT way to use their goddamn software and get away with it. Even if I had the time to actually post story content, it would surely be even more vitriolic than usual. I just felt you guys needed and explanation for my hiatus. ]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:11:24 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:51 pm »

[Good explaination. Me, AP classes and major garden work with smelly chicken-based fertilizers in 100ºF heat. Makes one tired, I'll say. The one time I sat down to write this week, I wound up writing for the SCP wiki instead. I don't know what I was thinking, signing up there.]

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: September 17, 2012, 05:38:59 pm »

[Great, now its 5 days with no posts.]
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: September 17, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »

We can't move it to morning to get on with actions, due to wierd's conversation with Askak, along with Hugo needing to post his reaction to the crystal, etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:24 pm »

[Every time I try to sit down and write something, some bizarre coincidence calls me away. The one time I had time, I was so worn out I just played minecraft. That's right. I was too worn out to even be distracted by dwarf fortress.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:52 pm »

[I'm willing to blame my lack of participation on a combination of coursework and getting re-used to my medication.  Also, I have no idea where I want to go with the story.  I'm sure I'll get back into things shortly.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: September 19, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »

[I still wage war against the *stupid* engineering from Tulsa. Fuckers keep using goddamn booleans. Booleans! What, do they think this is 1990!? There are TOOLS to do this kind of thing, without causing the horrors that booleans cause! They are even EASIER to use too! But NOOOOOOO..... they gotta be little union whores, who refuse to update their skillsets, cause they can't be fired anyway (when clearly, they fucking should be!), so instead, they just ship steaming dogshit my way, and demand miracles.  In all this time since my last rant, I have gotten TWO of them corrected. TWO! Out of FIFTY! Things like this make me wanna punch some geezers in the face! HARD! Is it so hard for you old fucks to just DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?! Holy shit I'm mad at tulsa. Grr!]

[Anyway, once this grueling nightmare from a tim burton film is over, I should be able to have some mental timeslices left over to write a cogent story post. There are ways around my conversation with askak, so if you guys feel inclined, continue, and I will dive in when I am able. For the meantime though? Blame some piss poor and lazy engineers in Tulsa for my hiatus. When I have to polish dogshit, it takes awhile.]
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 306