No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 263020 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4050 on: August 28, 2012, 11:15:03 pm »

[Demon summoning?  I suppose pulling him back from another dimension (or plane, or whatever) is similar enough, even if it hadn't already been established that Lana can mess around with that sort of thing.  If he is brought back, there will be a reckoning.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:36 pm »

[We have no way of knowing where he is, but I'm sure he'd be grateful no matter what we do to him. Well, depending on how close proximity CHW gets to him, anyway. Getting caught would mean a fate worse than death.]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: August 28, 2012, 11:39:50 pm »

[The ritual I had in mind uses some of his blood. It got splattered on the tower wall during his "gotta get that mug!" Episode. Having part of him already on hand makes it possible to build a very powerful binding spell. In addition to that, we also have the demoniac cup that has a metaphysical connection to his supernatural powers. With the two it should be possible to pull him backward through a knothole, and smack into jail, no matter how many times he decorporeates. Demons usually leave no evidence for just this reason. A part of the "victim" enables extreme levels of compulsion. Think a mix of crowley and voodoo.]

[Demon summonings come in 2 flavors: volitional/temptation, and compulsory. This would be a compulsory summoning. His very essence, both physical and spiritual, would be yanked into our dimension forcefully. It's the kind demonic entities find the most displeasurable. It can't be refused. Usually performd using a secret name, or through a physical tie or compact. In this case, we have a part of his physical being, and a part of his meta essence. Representations of both natures. It hinges on sympathetic magic, but lana might have a better idea.]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:45:22 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:43 pm »

[We'd need a motivation for trying to summon him, though.]

[Ugh, sooo tired... I predict that it will be slow-going week days, and pick up on week ends. Just like before summer.]

[We need some people to return. Corai and MrHappyFace, for one, and probably Saurinae. And KofTheFens]

[Edit: since Kofthefens has the Oliolliberry extract. Which, incidentally, is an #^Oliolli Berry Extract^# and thus not too likely to be reactive.]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:06:02 am by HugoLuman »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: August 29, 2012, 02:21:20 am »

[Everyone got bored and left... :c

I'm going to be stuck in the next city over for class tomorrow, from 8:30 AM to 9:45 PM. With multi-hour gaps between only three classes. FML. I intend to spend as much time as possible hogging a computer in the labs, and assuming I don't get booted for accessing the bay12 forums (or maybe playing DF off a flash drive, but I bet that'd be a breach of policy for sure) I should have entertainment available. I'll be a captive audience to this thread. Damnit.

I need a laptop, almost as desperately as I need a cell phone and a new pillow. My total loans are something like 60% what they were last semester, so this is going to suck balls and I should probably avoid spending anything at all.]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: August 29, 2012, 04:22:34 pm »

[He probably feels that he was being ignored. He was trying to stay relevant while a plotline went on without his involvement....  that couldn't have been encouraging.  Sorta like with corai. ]

And don't forget about me throughout most of my involvement with the thread!  I'll be able to get back into the thread after the time-skip, due to having access to the general as a character.  The soldier I cannot think of anything for at this time.

[I need a laptop, almost as desperately as I need a cell phone and a new pillow. My total loans are something like 60% what they were last semester, so this is going to suck balls and I should probably avoid spending anything at all.]

At least there are less loans...unless you mean 60% more.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: August 29, 2012, 07:32:59 pm »

[Sorry for the wait.]

The Travelers meet Gizogin on his way to dinner.

"Ah, so you're this fortress' Chief Doctor? It is an honor to meet you. I am Corvus Alquiar, and these are my comrades in arms. This is Surkla,"

"Greetings, Land Dweller. I look forward to helping you in any way I can. "

"And this is Makle,"

" Ssssss... May the gods bless where you Tread.Land dwellers..."

"And finally... Lorud,"

"I am ready for my duties..."

Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »

[Not really sure where to go with this.]

"Um, hello?" Gizogin said to the four figures before him.  He could vaguely recall seeing them around the fortress before, but hadn't ever properly met them.  "I am Gizogin, and I am indeed the chief doctor.  Are you new here?  We don't get terribly many migrants."
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: August 29, 2012, 08:50:43 pm »

"Yes, but i believe we are supposed to have a, Interview I believe. Something about trusting us or not? Regardless of that, I'm sure we can assist with work here somehow."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:58:52 pm by OREOSOME »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 29, 2012, 08:59:29 pm »

"Oh, sure.  We just had our big heart-to-heart this morning, shame you missed it.  I'll tell you what I'll do, though: you tell me any dark secrets you may have, and I'll decide your fate.  Make it quick, though; I'm missing my dinner."

[I just remembered that I was going to write Gizogin more snarkily, thus this.  Anyway, I have to sign off for the night; I have a big move tomorrow, and need to be up early.]
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

"We pretty much have no secrets. At least, none that i'm aware of. But Surkla here receives messages from her goddess of magic, Talsdeir. So if you hear her saying some sort of cryptic prophecy-talk, don't be alarmed."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

[I'd assume bizarre-looking merfolk would get a more puzzled or surprised response :D]
[I'm confused. Are the merfolk actually from MTG, or are they native to this world somehow? Or are they from a modded DF world? If they're from a modded DF world, then they'd still be able to hear their goddess.]
[How long will it take to get the results from that medical scan, Gizogin?]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 29, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »

[The results are in; you fuxored your liver consuming dwarven booze.] :P

[I doodled a Hugo today in my immense quantity of spare time. It's shamefully bad, though.]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 30, 2012, 04:56:59 am »

[The thing with the scanner is that it's just a bunch of raw data.  Gizogin and X will have to manually sift through it to get the results.  It'll take them around ten man-hours to do that.]

[I'm going to be horrendously busy all day today.  Bleh.]
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:30 pm »

[Bump off the 2nd page. Worthless filler follows.]

Weird sat on a large, moss encrusted rock and listened to the wind rustling through the branches oerhead. The rock wasn't terribly conforming to a dwarven form, but he did his best to recline on it anyway. Several rock thrushes and chickadees were chirping happily while feathering nests in the branches overhead.

There was a rumbling in his stomach. He hadn't eaten in quite a long while, though he doubted anyone would blame him. The choices were 3 day old dried fish, a motley assortment of picked berries, and other wild edibles with either strange flavors, textures, scents, or colors.

He could really use something comforting and familiar, like an herb roasted chicken, or sausage and gravy, or pancakes with butter and syrup... ....

He sat up and leaned forward on his knees. He knew how to make sausage.... you needed sagebrush, fennel, oregano, basil, garlic......

His mind raced about the potential possibilities for culinary "relief", if only he could get his hands on some spices.  A little nutmeg and cloves were the difference between apple pie, and apple brown betty, for instance. There's a reason the latter wasn't so well known. Apple pie was simply way tastier.

After a few minutes of continued self reflection, and as the urge to cook up a storm continued to crest in the back of his mind, he got up from off the rock, and shouldered the collection basket once more.

He had made his mind up.  If anyone would have spices and herbs to spare, it would be them.

Decided, he strode off for the Microcline tower.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 306