Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 4 (20%)
Cowboy Bebop
- 10 (50%)
Inuyasha
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Toonami Thread Rises From The Deep  (Read 15068 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Toonami Is Coming Back!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »

Toonami was evening, not daytime. Somewhere between 8 or 9PM and midnight.

Miguzi was daytime things, the only one I could point out that was interesting being Code Lyoko.
There is a new season out

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 09:58:52 pm »

I am happy, yet not sure why exactly. Right when I first got cable Toonami was making its exit and so I didn't get to see much of anything from it and so don't really remember it. I do remember it was really cool to watch, but that's about all I have left of the memory :(
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »

You can check out what all they ran here, to get a kind of idea why people are a bit enthused. Beyond some quality stuff, Toonami was also a fair amount of the US's first introduction to anime, for better or for worse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »

Miguzi was daytime things, the only one I could point out that was interesting being Code Lyoko.

Not out yet. Supposedly sometime this fall.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 10:05:14 pm »

There was a time before Miguzi, and Toonami held all of its time slots during that period. I remember this because I personally found the switch from Toonami to Miguzi for my two-hours-after-school programming very annoying. Toonami gradually crept upwards in time until it was cancelled. If I recall correctly, [as] started a year or two afterwards.
As for '03, I found out what happened with a bit more reading. Turns out I was forgetting giant robot week, which explains things. And Eva wouldn't need too much censoring. Remember violence is effectively a non-issue to American TV.
Certain categories of violence are non-issues on American TV, and that list narrows for children's TV. Eva was full of psychological trauma that children would miss and adults would pick up on, which is dangerous for a program running at that time. Not to mention, sexuality is definitely not a non-issue on American TV, and as I recall, Eva had some pretty messed up Freudian insanity in it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »

Oh, definitely. A fair amount would be pretty easy to cut, though, which is why I figure censorship wouldn't be too hard. Mind you, it'd probably butcher it to the extent that sailor moon was, but hell. Giant robots.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 10:10:08 pm »

Where did you hear of this?

Also, I found the hoverbike jousting scene. Continue to the next part for the other half.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:12:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »

THis actually lead me to discover toonami, during giant robot week (WHICH I SKIPPED FOR SOME STUPID REASON), aired both Martian Successor Nadesico, and DAI GUARD of all things. Admittantly Nadesico has really not aged well, but Dai Guard is awesome. Damnit.

Still awesome news.

EDIT: Hmm, english DVD's of Dai Guard used are only 15 bucks or so. I might have to look into that. But I digress.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:23:35 pm by Seriyu »

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:11:58 pm »

Thanks for that link Frumple!

Just on a cursory look through the list I see '97s Cartoon Roulette. I remember all of these shows :D Loved the Hurculoids!
A lot of the others I am sad to say that I have seen them but never via Toonami :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:15:48 pm by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »

Where did you hear of this?

Also, I found the hoverbike jousting scene. Continue to the next part for the other half.

http://codelyoko.wikia.com/wiki/Code_Lyoko_Evolution
It's FEF, not FEOF

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 06:09:26 am »

Star Wars Clone Wars (original miniseries, not the current differently animated one nor the movie)
Is that good at all? I never watched it, and I treat everything related to Star Wars with caution these days.

Star wars clone wars is on Cartoon Network, at least here in Poland.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 08:43:59 am »

Wrong one, Dark Wolf. This is the older one with the 2dish style, not the newer one with the cgi-ish style.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Honestly, I'd be tempted to start watching television again if Toonami came back with an evening/late night slot and ran stuff like NGE uncensored.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

Oh, I was watching Toonami back when it first started up with stuff like Voltron and Johnny Quest. And that terrible Reboot show. Come to think of it, I STILL hate Pidge's voice...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012, 04:35:25 pm »

now what is toonami?
Japanese Termite that's building a super colony underneath parts of Asia and America
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10