Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72546 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Overdue)
« Reply #465 on: June 25, 2012, 02:02:57 am »

Or we could hope for the exact opposite. :3

Zombies for all!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 25, 2012, 03:00:06 am »

Or we could hope for the exact opposite. :3

Zombies for all!
((Yeah, Ochita should have hoped that our healer does pull a Nirur. Another abomination of nature would kill off at least three people, putting Ochita straight into the game.))

"Let's keep going. These Imperial jackasses won't wait around for us to catch a breath."
Channel Life from the plant to Gus. Follow the Captain.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:00:11 am by HmH »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 25, 2012, 07:02:25 am »

Help Rhedarios carry Lamar and aid him in his attempt at healing magic.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2012, 07:07:10 am »

((why do i get the feeling this is not going to end well?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2012, 10:37:54 am »

(*Insert maniacal laughter here.*)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2012, 10:43:58 am »

((why do i get the feeling this is not going to end well?))
((You are basically dead and can't get much worse from there. Stay cool.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2012, 10:45:08 am »

(( you could bungle it and i could go from basically dead to actually dead. :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2012, 11:06:58 am »

you held out this long mate and melted your own hands off very early on
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 26, 2012, 12:01:38 am »

((We should take part of the plant.))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 26, 2012, 12:10:37 am »

((We should take part of the plant.))
((No, we really shouldn't, especially since Draignean already knows how to make it. What we should do is run away before it discovers how to walk.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:35 am »

((Yes. I do not want the plant to discover how to walk and how to kill people by more gruesome means.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

((I didn't know draginean could make more. What I was thinking is that we could use it as a trap.))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 26, 2012, 12:50:09 am »

((I didn't know draginean could make more. What I was thinking is that we could use it as a trap.))
((If we suddenly find ourselves in need of a murderous shrubbery, Draignean will make one. Under my careful supervision. While sitting over a magma lake.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2012, 03:11:17 pm »

Prologue: CHEDDARIUSSSSSSS!

Gustavo heads to the captain and tries to attack the base of the plant with necromantic energy.
"Well then, how are we doing?"
You make it over to the captain, but find that you can't really attack the plant at that distance. Mainly because the captain was certain to stay well out of the combat zone.

"Sane as a' sack o' cats in a rainstorm. Ye'll make fine Dungeon Lords, I'm sure of it."

Rhedarios looks around for a moment, almost as if not believing he had finally escaped the plant. He fidgets a little in front of Rachel, ashamed of his own incompetence.
"...Thank you very much for your help, miss. Now, I think we should get going before the plant decides to get better all of a sudden, since it also seems our Imperial adversaries are nowhere to be seen."

Get Lamar's body and start to carry him, following the pirate.

Rhedarios also tries to summon a small amount of healing powers to cure a very minor wound on his (Lamar's) body.
(read that as: simple action without overblown ambition which has as objective training Healing with only the base -1 penalty)

"Even healing him may be a little tricky, judging from what I see."
You haul Lamar after the pirate, Rachel following you.

[1-1-1] You cripple yourself and Rachel and very nearly finish Lamar off.

Rachel growls in irritation, looking like she wants to hit you before tackling you to the ground, sitting on your chest and aggressively playing with your ears instead. It looks stress-relieving, at least.

-6 HP all around
+2 Healing
Now Dabbling Healer!

Rest and regenerate...again...  if i regain consciousness when we completely escape from the plant ill check everyone for broken thorn pieces to loot.
You gurgle and thrash, very nearly dead. You'll need immediate, proper medical attention or die.

"Let's keep going. These Imperial jackasses won't wait around for us to catch a breath."
Channel Life from the plant to Gus. Follow the Captain.
[4+2-2] You channel some delicious life from the plant to yourself, before scurrying off after the captain.

+5 HP
+1 Necromancy

Help Rhedarios carry Lamar and aid him in his attempt at healing magic.
You help carry Lamar as Rhedarios blasts himself and everyone around him with necrotic force. Helping is its own reward!

[3+1-1] You manage to stabilize the worst of Lamar's damage, but he's still going to die without further, fairly serious aid.

-6 HP
+1 Restoration

With the entirety of the group relatively within sight, the captain begins walking off at a brisk pace again.

[6] You follow rather frantically, eager to avoid further, similar shenanigans. Unfortunately this means you actually lose the captain and begin going off on your own, which leads you to a small alcove set into some rocks near the shore. There might be something interesting in there...

You can also see what you assume to be your destination not far off, if you want to just get there successfully. Oh, and there's your dying comrade to do something about.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

So yeah. By all rights Lamar should really be dead, but I just didn't have the heart to kill him off like that after he spent so long as basically a corpse. Instead I've turned him into a healing minigame! :P

Oh and since Draignean is presumably having computer troubles, I'll allow reasonable autoing of his character from his teammates.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: CHEDDARIUSSSSSSS!)
« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2012, 03:43:54 pm »

((Why did I get -1-1 instead of -1? I meant I only wanted to heal if the penalty was the -1 base one.

And I wanted to get restoration like Nirur, unless the uses are the same.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:57:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43