Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: Impersonator  (Read 1198 times)

zemagris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NEW CHALLENGE: Impersonator
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »

I was walking somewhere and this idea just hit me out of nowhere. Here are the steps:

1) Generate a world with advanced parameters, preferably with a long enough history to amass some heroes.
2) Look through the history for an epic unit that ended up dying at some point during worldgen.
3) Note down the name, race, and gender of the killer and what year the unit you chose died.
4) Regen an exact copy of the world up to the year when the unit you chose died, possibly 1 year before and then start a fortress to make sure you get the proper year without any chance of the unit dying.
5) Make an adventurer as close as you can get to the killer of the chosen unit. Probably just the name, race, and gender.
6) Enter into the world as the adventurer, find and kill the person you are impersonating, then kill the unit you chose earlier.
7) Report back here with either your success or failure, with the details of both the killer and the target.
8) Repeat with the same world, just use your base world to keep "entering the past" and replacing people.

Please leave a comment on your thoughts of this as a challenge.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: Impersonator
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

That is freaky and diabolical.  I love it.  And it totally violates space time continuity, which I am a huge fan of.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:48 pm »

the only reason that this will not work is that by changing any parameters (such as worldgen length) you change the eventual history.

for reference, see the cacame thread, and the attempts to duplicate him.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:06:28 pm »

Wont work, killing them will make the civ hate you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:14:23 am »

Wont work, killing them will make the civ hate you.

Yeah, but it's not like that matters.