Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: See, I told the judge it wasn't just me.  (Read 7702 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: See, I told the judge it wasn't just me.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:39:27 pm »

Noooo, I just go for frustrating, not dangerous. Like, on a two lane highway, sitting in the high speed going at the same speed (still above the speed limit) as the guy in the slow lane. That sort of stuff.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »

Noooo, I just go for frustrating, not dangerous. Like, on a two lane highway, sitting in the high speed going at the same speed (still above the speed limit) as the guy in the slow lane. That sort of stuff.

It's not that you're doing it.  It's that you're doing it on purpose...

WHO ARE YOU?  WHO SENT YOU?  WHO'S MISTER BIG, SCUMBAG???
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »

???

I will ONLY do this if somebody expressly pisses me off. Say, they ride my bumper at an unsafe distance for an unreasonable amount of time when they could be passing me (I don't drive slow, but there are some people who drive at moronic speeds on the freeways), or people who pass me and then slow down repeatedly. I'll also do this to people who flash their brights at me for no good reason, because it pisses me right off.

I do enjoy screwing with people, but I'll pretty much only do it if I feel justified in doing so. For the most part I just stick to my side of the road and go slightly above the speed limit, and try to keep out of the way of the asshats who feel compelled to go 90-100 on a 70.

However, the 'block the road' trick is HILARIOUS if you do it on a complete jerk, but it's also pretty dangerous if they happen to be looney enough to get serious road rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »

Worry less about them being the kind to start a fight. Worry more that you're the guy they finally fail to react to fast enough, and they plow into you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

The only time I fuck with people intentionally is when they're being jerks trying to pass me, so I speed up to the same speed as them until they have to slow down because there's a car in front of them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »

However, the 'block the road' trick is HILARIOUS if you do it on a complete jerk, but it's also pretty dangerous if they happen to be looney enough to get serious road rage.

This is exactly what happened to me when I did this to a drunken chode in an F-350.  When the road finally opened, he whipped that thing like a rented mule to get in front of me and slammed on his brakes.  It was really nothing but blind luck that kept me from hitting anything.

And that's Aqizzar talking, so let this be a warning to you all.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:37 pm »

I don't see why anyone would want to be a jerk on the road at all. It isn't safe at all to assume that the car is going to protect you if something goes wrong, most crash safety tests occur at below even side road speed limits and even then the dummies don't always come out looking too well.
Nothing important here, move along.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »

Come drive in MI, Aqizzar! The speed limit on the highway is 70, but the flow of traffic is 95! I routinely hit 110-115 mph on the highway. And it is bliss. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

Come drive in MI, Aqizzar! The speed limit on the highway is 70, but the flow of traffic is 95! I routinely hit 110-115 mph on the highway. And it is bliss. ^_^

...You know, I was all prepared to brag about my American roadster and its 281 cubic inches of get the fuck out of my way, but I just like my car too much to treat it like that.  When my Texan Autobahn clears up open, I often find myself sliding out of the left lane when even at 80MPH there's goddamn minivans blowing around me.

Below a certain point, it isn't really about the machine, it's about what you're willing to do to it.  Me, I'm alright with keeping my car at a speed inside its comfort zone.  Its comfort zone just happens to be 80ish.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 10:01:52 pm »

Below a certain point, it isn't really about the machine, it's about what you're willing to do to it.

This is also the cornerstone of street racing :P It's not about whose car is faster, it's about who gets shamed/frightened enough to give up first.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »

Or who gets arrested/wrecked first.
Nothing important here, move along.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »

I would know nothing about racing cars. I would have been the fourth generation to do so should I have ever taken up auto racing. *whistles innocently*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »

281 cubic inches of get the fuck out of my way
So apparently, Aqizzar drives a chihuahua. Either that or cubic inches means something different in car terms, in which case I definitely have no idea what it'd actually mean. But I'm going to stick with the mental image of him riding into the sunset on his faithful canine steed anyways because it's hilarious.

On-topic, I drive for a solid 2 hours most days due to where I live, so I am familiar with the pain that is being stuck behind some assclown going 30 miles per hour when the limit is 45 and the usual speed of traffic varies from 50 to 70 miles per hour. And since the road is so painfully bare, they usually end up getting passed by a line of 10 or so cars as soon as we hit a passing zone. Not as bad as city traffic, but still obnoxious.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:33 pm »

I always love your megaposts, Aqizzar.

I spent some time in Portland with my sister the past few years, and even as a passenger I can't stand traffic. Hence, I'll be bombing around Olympia with rollerblades and a bike helmet next year until I can save up for a car.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »

@TherosPherae

That said, the image of Aqizzar riding into the sunset on his faithful canine steed is very funny indeed, especially if your mental image of him IS his avatar.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7