Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245454 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #750 on: August 21, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

Man... I want Shadows and Dust for my Shadow. Level 31 means they probably won't be obscenely hard to get relatively soon, I hope.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #751 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »

Died for the first time!  :D

Was completely my mistake. My first "proper" boss fight, Brutus, went... ridiculously easy. Ran up to him, offered him a big bowl of Glacial Hammer goodness, he went belly down in few seconds.

Now, Merveil on the other hand... Well, I got cocky. I rushed her same way as Brutus, and despite seeing some of her abilities are taking away frightful amounts of my life, I though I'll just endure it and continue gulping down the sweet red stuff. This might work in Diablo, but not here.

anyways, went in for the second time, payed more attention to her attack patterns, beat her first form relatively easy. Her second form almost got me again few time (water column or-whats-it-called spam in confined spaces results in much FUN), but was victorious in the end.

Overall, I'm having a blast with PoE. Few desyncing problems, even got 2 crashes in last hour(s?), but still pretty fun.

The only thing that makes me rage is failing defend the shrine quest in last second.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUetc. 
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2014, 03:02:49 am »

Just letting you guys know, if you want to find a master check out global channel 820 (you can switch global channels by typing "/global 820")
It's been made the "find-a-master" channel. Also, if you find a master, you can announce it there(be sure to say something like, for example, "elreon a2n, in crypt") and get help for their mission.
I've found Vorici twice in a row, so far. Still need to get Tora, though... only found her once and a friend invited me to help her once, too.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2014, 07:14:13 am »

I got my first unique!

Even though it's level 9, it has as much evasion as my current armor for level 35, a magic item. But the gem sockets aren't good for me (current armor has 4 linked greens) so yeah. I can't really use it, though I might use it if I make another character some time in the future.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2014, 07:25:20 am »

My first unique in Rampage was a Quill Rain :-\
I don't even have a bow character right now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2014, 08:15:21 am »

Today I got my first unique ever too! :)

Too bad my current rare gloves offer stats more to my liking. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep them if I ever make a shadow/duelist?

Just letting you guys know, if you want to find a master check out global channel 820 (you can switch global channels by typing "/global 820")
It's been made the "find-a-master" channel. Also, if you find a master, you can announce it there(be sure to say something like, for example, "elreon a2n, in crypt") and get help for their mission.
I've found Vorici twice in a row, so far. Still need to get Tora, though... only found her once and a friend invited me to help her once, too.
I'll probably have to use outside help after all, so thanks for that. Been skipping all over 1st act today in hopes of finding Loremaster, but to no avail. Haku, on the other hand, was everywhere. Like, for instance, on both levels of that cave after the mud flats. So I went on to act 2 with intent of pushing the story forward, and I meet Loremaster in Dark Wood.

Turns out, his quests are even more crazy in act 2, dammit.  :P

EDIT: scratch that, beat my first act 2 Loremaster quest. FUCK ME AM THE BEST
(actually, Storm call is a LOT more useful than I gave it credit for)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:34:51 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2014, 08:22:32 am »

I'm on right now as 'Alterixia' (just got to act 2 on this one) if someone wants a party member, or an invite to jack's guildthing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:26 am »

Ooh, Uniques, lessee...

Something Evil and I are currently sitting on; 2 Death's Harps, 2 Foxshades, an Asphyxia's Wrath, a Karui Ward, 2 Ignomons, 2 Limbsplits, a Facebreaker, a Maginord's Vise, 2 Hrimsorrows, a Hrimnor's Hymn, 2 Sidhebreaths, a Rat's Nest, a Rimegaze, a Skullhead, a Quillrain, a Cybil's Paw, a Queen's Decree, a Deidbell, a Belly of The Beast, a Three Dragons, a Blood Reaper, a Brightbeak, 2 Vall's Protectors, a Fairgraves' Tricorne, a Supreme Truth, an Ungil's Gauche, a Terminus Est, a Pyre, a Perandus Signet, a Forbidden Taste, a Cloak of Flame, a Shavronne's Pace, a Le Heup of All, a Goldwyrm, 2 Al Dhih's, a Last Resort, an Aurumvorax, a Redbeak, 2 Crests of Perandus, 2 Asenath's Gentle Touches, a Sadima's Touch, a Goldrim, a Deerstalker, an Ondar's Flight, a Slitherpinch, 2 Ondar's Clasps, a Blackheart, a Kaom's Sign, a Carcass Jack, and finally, a Lochtonial Caress.

I think that's about it.

I also think we spend too much time playing this game.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2014, 08:57:34 am »

But is that in standard or one of the new leagues? (or HC)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2014, 08:57:56 am »

All in Standard, accrued over about a year or so.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:22 am »

Worst thing is, most of those are utterly useless except for leveling.

Edit:A year or so of sporadic play.
It's more like 3-4 months of actual consistent play.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:59:55 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2014, 09:51:41 am »

Just lost my HC character thanks to rubberbanding. No motivation to continue. :/
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 22, 2014, 10:33:19 am »

GGG does reccomend players use /oos autoscripts and external disconnect macros in HC for such instances.
Were you using leap slam/infernal blow/GMP CoC spell spam?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 22, 2014, 12:05:40 pm »

GGG does reccomend players use /oos autoscripts and external disconnect macros in HC for such instances.

That's the thing that frustrates me so much that I've only played 5 times since the Vaal expansion hit.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:41 pm »

I've just stayed in standard/ambush/rampage instead. I've got little interest in the hardcore league.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100