Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 245224 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:55 pm »

I think I'd prefer a few class defining things, but I get what it's trying to not be. Maybe that's something for down the road.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »

Still going to be a long long time until I can play with anyone... I need less obsessive friends.

Ohh well.

Viper Strike is oddly my strongest skill.

----

Fork is broken

Be VERY careful when you get it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:42:25 pm by Neonivek »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

So really class is just a matter of where you start in the skill web, and a couple other minor things like what gets offered when.

Yeah, so its more like sandbox style almost. No class specific weapon/armor either. Having said that...there are definitely better paths to take. Like Witch...and I'm not really knowledgeable really...but...Witch starts very close to a lot of element magic passives, and very close to the best/one of the best, summoner talents. So, one could say they are better for a pure summoner or mage-like class. But, I don't really know how the other classes work...so it is all theory I guess.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2013, 06:56:20 pm »

Witch is certainly the best Summoner, unless you want to be a bit more durable by starting as templar, sacrificing earlier reach to some minion passives in exchange for the many defensive options near templar start.

Marauder is generally (but not always) the best at having the strength to bust out the most armored gear, and usually can get the most health regen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2013, 06:03:15 am »

Fork is broken

Be VERY careful when you get it.

How broken is it ? I got it for my Ethereal Knives and there was nothing wrong with it in the 10.0c patch. Did 10.0d change something ?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2013, 06:10:16 am »

Well not that broken but some abilities do not work the way you would expect with it. Often becoming useless in the process

Like Explossive arrow.

So always check to see if the move works well with fork.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2013, 08:22:02 am »

Make your lives easier, guys. Buy the premium tab pack.

The four tabs don't come nearly close enough, and that's after just three days. This game is pay-to-keep-sanity.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:26 am »

Make your lives easier, guys. Buy the premium tab pack.

The four tabs don't come nearly close enough, and that's after just three days. This game is pay-to-keep-sanity.
I'm at level 26 and so far I don't have any issues with stash space. One tab for currency and jewelry, one for rare weapons, one for rare armors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

It depends on how much crap you keep. I've bought some more stash tabs, but I'm not using any of them yet. But it's early, just one char at L40.

If you want to match rare names, then you'll need a whole ton of stash tabs, but at that point I think your sanity is long gone and no amount of microtransactions will bring it back.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2013, 09:32:28 am »

I bought 1 premium tab, and that was more because I'd had points leftover than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:03 am »

God damnit I'm addicted to this game :(
I probably died like 15 times already (playing hardcore) but I keep coming back :D
This game is what Diablo 3 should've been.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:37 am »

It depends on how much crap you keep. I've bought some more stash tabs, but I'm not using any of them yet. But it's early, just one char at L40.

If you want to match rare names, then you'll need a whole ton of stash tabs, but at that point I think your sanity is long gone and no amount of microtransactions will bring it back.

I've got tabs for MF, Gems, Craft, Craft Mats, Lowbie, Teens, Twenties, Thirties so far.

Playing hardcore, not having the right gear is unacceptable at any level, because I might start over at any moment. If I upgrade, the old gear goes into storage for later. So, I have a tab for witch and marauder gear sets for each decade of levels.

Then, what if a 25+ pandua ring drops. That could be a good ring with some luck and an orb of chance, so I store it in craft mats to try for a Sidhe later... Things build up quickly this way.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2013, 11:05:29 am »

Well you didn't mention it was HC. Of course you slightly crazy people over there would use more stash space. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:43 am »

Well you didn't mention it was HC. Of course you slightly crazy people over there would use more stash space. :)

Getting the message that someone above rank 25 on the ladder has died is worth the price of entry, though. The entire chat goes crazy with people typing "RIP" and "RID" (rest in default) and saying other snarky comments.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2013, 11:52:05 am »

Playing Hardcore too, i erase them after they die. I think im with a witch level 15 near boss of act 1. If anyone wants to group up or something, maybe start a group from level 1 hardcore and only play the character with b12?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100