_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2069 2070 [2071] 2072 2073 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920715 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31050 on: January 30, 2016, 02:32:08 pm »

Pneuma fingers her goop grenades nervously.  "b-brother l-l-lars, you wouldn't really h-hurt us... would you?"

Get ready to run if he makes a hostile move, run and get podded.

If it is too late and she is attacked and cannot escape... Pneuma will run towards Lars and place aster-ex along the battlesuit's joints, as many as she can before booking it and activating the short-range detonator.  Try to dodge any attempts to grab her.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:22:10 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31051 on: January 30, 2016, 02:58:10 pm »

Hearing there seem to be some problems after the recent announcements, Miya tries to address their concerns to assuage their fears.

"Ok then, I have heard some objections after the recent briefing on Green Storm. And I understand that it's quite a heavy thing to take in. But before things get out of hand, at least hear me out for a sec.

Now, after discussing it with Steve, we felt that you deserved to know about this protocol. Even though we could just as well have never told anyone anything, and just keep it a secret till it was needed. We thought that even people felt distressed about it, that they would keep their cool and not flip their shit. We trusted you to be mature enough to risk telling you. I really hope that trust won't turn out to be misplaced naivete on my part.

Secondly, it is true that there are risks in this. But when we first activated it, there were 7 people involved, and out of those nobody suffered any damage whatsoever from the procedure itself, and only 1 person was lost while killing a goddamn Arbiter of Peace. Had it not been for Green Storm, it is very probable nobody would have gotten out of there alive. Because that is also something I might not have stressed enough: the only, and I do mean only, situations where this should be used is if permanent death of you and your teammates is the only alternative.

And it's not just the regular troopers that get it, I will also be getting one. And the thought of being knocked out and controlled, even if for a little while, is indeed a scary one. It frightens me. But if you ask me, it is not half as scary as dying, or watching helplessly as my friends and comrades get slaughtered. I would go to any measures, claw and struggle till my last breath, use every possible means I could get my hands on, to prevent that from happening.

Finally, if despite all of that you still can't reconcile yourself with the idea, know that none of you are held here against your will. You can quit the military of ARM at any time, and either be dropped off at a planet or get a spot in the new universe we'll be building a home in. If you don't think that our fight is the right one, or if you just cannot make the sacrifices it requires, that's ok. No hard feelings, we won't hold it against you or feed you to the Lurker out of spite. But then you can no longer be a part of ARM's armed forces anymore. There is too much at stake in this conflict.

So, it's your choice. Do you leave, and take up a civilian life? Or do you stay and fight for what is right, no matter what it takes?"

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:23:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31052 on: January 30, 2016, 03:01:12 pm »

"...............
...o-okay."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:31:30 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31053 on: January 30, 2016, 03:02:45 pm »

Why don't we all just gather up in one room, there you could more easily count our hands or we could count for you?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31054 on: January 30, 2016, 03:20:57 pm »

"F.  I.  N.  E.  Just.  Barely."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31055 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:23 pm »

>Hmm. Lars, I'm having a hard time counting all these raised hands. Could you do me a favor? Collect them for me.  It will be much easier to keep track when I have them in a box in front of me.
((Sigged.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31056 on: January 30, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »

"I'd personally prefer to die over be some meat puppet for something that has no right to my brain.  So, do I remove my hand now or later?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31057 on: January 30, 2016, 06:58:30 pm »

>So, lets get a few things straight.

That implant in your skull is there for a number of very important reasons, including monitoring your vitals, tracking your location and shocking you unconscious in case of possession. Green Storm is there for the purpose of saving your lives when needed.  I also like to have it there so I can shock you when you are about to do something extremely stupid.

So I'm gonna draw a line here. If you would like your shock implant removed, we can do that. However, if we do that, you're out. We'll drop you off on the mission planet with your personal stuff and you do whatever you want to from there.  Because without that implant, you are officially a liability in my eyes.

So, if you still want it gone, line up in the infirmary and pack your gear. Otherwise, get podded and go save humanity.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31058 on: January 30, 2016, 07:00:15 pm »

Christopher looks up.

"I think that would count as a threat of violence in the workplace, and we should object. Then again, only idiots, the hopeless and the mentally ill would come here, so perhaps the shock implants are a necessary working condition."
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31059 on: January 30, 2016, 07:02:52 pm »

"What if I just want green storm out? Really, that's my only problem. I'm really surprised that you don't just have bomb collars instead. More visual and it sticks in the mind better."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31060 on: January 30, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »

Christopher looks up.

"I think that would count as a threat of violence in the workplace, and we should object. Then again, only idiots, the hopeless and the mentally ill would come here, so perhaps the shock implants are a necessary working condition."

>Let me put it to you like this: When your vet teammate with the death cannon gets his brain hijacked by extra-universal entities who communicate via murder, would you like me to be able to bring him down at a moment's notice? Or would you prefer to deal with him yourself?

"What if I just want green storm out? Really, that's my only problem. I'm really surprised that you don't just have bomb collars instead. More visual and it sticks in the mind better."

>The idea that I could save your life is problematic to you?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31061 on: January 30, 2016, 07:05:58 pm »

"Like all that safety-shocking you did on Hephaestus. That went well for the guy living in Vanessa, didn't it."

Christopher cowers defiantly, facing Steve down from beneath a table.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:08:28 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31062 on: January 30, 2016, 07:07:31 pm »

"I mean, I castrated my last boss for trying to violate my body, and I like my mind much more than my body so I'd be more than a little upset if I had that violated."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31063 on: January 30, 2016, 07:19:17 pm »

"Like all that safety-shocking you did on Hephaestus. That went well for the guy living in Vanessa, didn't it."

Christopher cowers defiantly, facing Steve down from beneath a table.
"Technically, that wasn't his fault. We were out of comms in a weird anomaly or whatever. Not much he could do in there, without contact with us."

"What Steve is trying to say is that he would like to avoid having people like me kill you because you stuck your dick in an anomaly, got possessed and left me with no other choice. And I thank him for that."

I'll just go collect my debt now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:05:20 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31064 on: January 30, 2016, 08:09:16 pm »

Faith pipes up.

"Um, maybe this is just me, but in my personal experience being mindraped by indecipherable alien forces is actually kind of common. Admittedly I don't think I've ever seen Steve control help with that, but the idea that he can shock or puppet me around gives me a bit of comfort rather than dread."

She glances down at her synthflesh body.

"Though also I've been a robot for a while and have been with Steve forever, so that might make it easier. The mindrape's been around since I had an actual body, though. There's... no really guys, the ones worried about Steve messing with you, have you guys not been on those missions? It that just me?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 2069 2070 [2071] 2072 2073 ... 2101