_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1972 1973 [1974] 1975 1976 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926155 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29595 on: September 27, 2015, 07:32:22 pm »

Abigail reaches her hand out then lowers it and will start trying to talk to the person who sells things the armory masterH-hello?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:37:43 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29596 on: September 27, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »

((Please only bold actions that piecewise has to process. Do not bold RP. It makes it harder for piecewise. Because bold means "look here piecewise". And piecewise time is a precious resource that has to be carefully rationed.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29597 on: September 27, 2015, 09:50:30 pm »

Lars returned the gesture, moving his hand to meet Flint's.  "Brother Flint, I have known you since the first mission we went on together.  That other colony with an unknown threat killing the population, much like this last one.  I know you to be a capable soldier, well experienced and faithful to the cause.  You cannot blame yourself; we faced an unknown threat; splitting and finding it was vital.  We didn't know we would have so little time to react.  Rest yourself in the loving embrace of Steve and know that we did what we could.  Your presence... you served as a vessel for the Holy Steve; if you were unworthy, you would have been discarded and left to die.  Take solace in that; you are one of the chosen."  Lars smiled warmly at Flint.
"Maybe. Maybe I still have something to offer. Maybe I'm better than nothing. Maybe my presence helps more than it harms. But it doesn't change the fact that I could had done better. We cannot rest on our laurels. Back-patting is not going to save the lives of others. It won't help us win this war. It's not going to make this world better."
Flint disagreed heavily, felt the need to start arguing. But even though Flint didn't want to admit it, even to himself, Lars' words made him feel better.
I am still alive. I can do better next time. Yeah. Stop whining. Stay positive. Get to work.
"Heh, not unless we use kinamps." he added as a joke, smiling at the mental image of a magister exploding due to literal kinamp-enhanced back-patting.

Next, I pace about the ship for a while, looking at all the faces, new and old, and spending some time just quietly thinking.
((Am breaking off my action here for now in case someone wants to catch me while I'm walking about. I'm going to be heading to the VR if nobody interrupts.))
((Flint would like to talk to you. Do you have any preference about where the conversation should occur? Do you want to say it starts when you go through the infirmary (so that you can also talk to Lars if you want to) or that I just bump into you in a random hallway? Oh, and feel free to do your VR actions and say they happen after the talk, there's no action involved, just some talking, so there's no need to waste your turns on waiting for me to get around to responding.))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:52:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29598 on: September 27, 2015, 11:34:16 pm »

Lars smiled back warmly.  "Give your praise to the divine and not the self; wise words indeed.  If you trust in the will of the divine and surrender yourself fully to it, then there is no limit to what you can do.  I look forward to serving with you again, Brother Flint."

He swished his arms through the biogel in a complicated motion.  "May the light of Steve ever light your path."

Only three gods in the Engineering Pantheon, huh?  Well, let's read up on "God of the Violent Mind."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29599 on: September 28, 2015, 12:52:01 am »

((anywhere you want. Lyra is going around the entire ARM section, trying to get eyes on every ARM member.))
((And the VR actions have to do with Lyra's mindset. They could change depending on conversations.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29600 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:35 am »

"Yeah. Thanks, I guess. Good luck and... you know, call me if you need anything. Don't know what we're going to end up doing, how long I'm going to stay on ship, but... I'm here for now." Flint said and shrugged, before turning around to walk away.

((anywhere you want. Lyra is going around the entire ARM section, trying to get eyes on every ARM member.))
((And the VR actions have to do with Lyra's mindset. They could change depending on conversations.))
((Ah, ok, sure.))

Flint slowly approached Lyra when he saw her. He waved as he walked towards her and started speaking.
"Hi there. Mind if I walk with you?"
Assuming Lyra wanted to continue walking to wherever she was going, Flint attempted to stand beside her and turn his head to face her, careful not to get too close.
I think she has trouble speaking, so she might not be able to state what she wants clearly or maybe I wouldn't be able to understand her. But at least that way she can easily leave if she doesn't want to speak. It wouldn't feel like I'm trapping her.
"It's nice to see that you're OK."
Because you didn't look so well in the colony... How did they even manage to heal her so quickly?
"Are you feeling well?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:51:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29601 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:04 am »

I slow down and rub against Flint's leg, looking up at him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29602 on: September 28, 2015, 07:51:05 am »

I slow down and rub against Flint's leg, looking up at him.
"Hehe." Flint laughed awkwardly, looked away and rubbed the back of his neck.
She doesn't have most of the usual tells humans do, I can't talk to her like I normally do, it's making me nervous. Well, I normally don't talk about serious things at all, so it's doubly uncomfortable. Eh, what to do... Just stay calm and keep going, you've done this before, you know you can't stop with every mistake. Just try not to say anything stupid.
He turned to look at her again, although he had trouble looking at her directly in the eyes.
"So... Umm... First I... just wanted to say I... uh, wish things had gone better down there... I am sorry for not doing better and... And I... uh, just, uh, I... wanted to know... I mean, I wanted to talk a bit, if you don't mind..."
Just say it already!
"Why did you chose to stay?"
That's not what you wanted to ask her!
Well, I'm just trying to approach the subject slowly! You know, trying to see if I should go ahead with this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29603 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:00 am »

I stop abruptly when asked, and look up at Flint. I sit, and wait a moment, watching his face.  After a pause, I begin typing on my wrist-comp.
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
People
I look back up at him when I finish, and I watch his face carefully.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29604 on: September 28, 2015, 08:55:19 am »

Flint furrowed his brows for a moment as he thought about what she meant. A moment later, his expression changed to that of a more relaxed smile.
"Ah, that's good. I can understand that."
Either meaning is good, but... I'm curious.
"Do you mean people here or in general? Or a bit of both?" he asked with genuine curiosity, using one hand to point left, the other right and then both towards the centre for his final sentence, as if the choices he mentioned were actual things around him. And maybe because subconsciously, he felt like he belonged in the centre he occupied.
I hope I'm not pushing it.
He felt a bit more relaxed now that he had gotten a more human response out of her and started something closer to a traditional conversion. But he was still not fully relaxed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29605 on: September 28, 2015, 09:10:16 am »

"mrow!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29606 on: September 28, 2015, 11:38:02 am »

Flint was momentarily confused before responding.
"Heh. I'll take that as a yes, then."
He smiled for a few seconds before continuing.
"Yeah, I feel the same way. So... do you ever think about the future? I mean, I understand that you consider this important enough to stay but... Assuming all goes well and we get through this with our lives and our minds, if the war was over tomorrow... Is there anything else you'd like to do? I don't know, maybe return to your home?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:39:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29607 on: September 28, 2015, 11:55:21 am »

I twitch and shake my head, then glance around and make sure I'm not being observed by others, and then attempt to speak despite my impediment for once.
"Nyah. Nyai. yai. ai. anah. ah. amr. am. nyah. Nyot. Not. Mrewehey. Mrehedy. Mroedy. Mredy. Reh-eh-day. Rehheeddyyy. Redehey. Ready."
I stare really, really intently at Flint after that, and shrink down a little, a bit tense and ready to bolt away.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29608 on: September 28, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »

Milno notices the people from one of the missions have begun filtering back into the ship and checks the mission's results... He massages his temple, nods to the AM and then heads to the infirmary to check on Lars. "Crazy bugger." He approaches the regeneration tank, filled with that goo that was already an old acquaintance of his. "So, how did it feel to be controlled by Steve?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29609 on: September 28, 2015, 01:21:23 pm »

I twitch and shake my head, then glance around and make sure I'm not being observed by others, and then attempt to speak despite my impediment for once.
"Nyah. Nyai. yai. ai. anah. ah. amr. am. nyah. Nyot. Not. Mrewehey. Mrehedy. Mroedy. Mredy. Reh-eh-day. Rehheeddyyy. Redehey. Ready."
I stare really, really intently at Flint after that, and shrink down a little, a bit tense and ready to bolt away.
Flint was taken aback when Lyra started trying to speak, reflexively taking a step back.
Whoa.
"Oh. OK, OK."
Flint slowly raised his hands to his chest, palms showing, trying to convey that he meant no harm.
"It's OK. I understand, no pressure. There is no need to tell me anything if you do not want to. I am just trying to get to know you. And understand you a bit better. That's all."
She hasn't turned invisible and bolted yet. That's something.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:23:01 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1972 1973 [1974] 1975 1976 ... 2101