_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930635 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26100 on: October 08, 2014, 01:45:01 am »

((Asking IC. Thanks, though.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #26101 on: October 08, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »

((Wrong Thread))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:01:15 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26102 on: October 09, 2014, 11:33:44 am »

"Then I will take it all. And a back pack. Or multiple pouches. And a flask."
Done. bold it next time.

{WIKI}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well, what did I expect, really?"

Take the gun out of the box and look it over for buttons/switches/writing or anything that can give me some more insight about how it works. Also go show it to the AM.

If we have some kind of shooting range or a place where I can try this without damaging important bits, go there and shoot this at a somewhat faraway target.

There aren't any switches or buttons or anything that you can find, at least none besides the trigger. It doesn't even have the adjustment systems a normal rifle has. The AM says that it looks like the laser in it would be more of a range finder or guide then the damaging aspect of the weapon. "It's about as threatening as a laser pointer."

The only shooting range we have is the one that you get into by putting on a space suit, going outside and shooting at random debris.

Tinker.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fine. Off to the tinker thread.

"Hmm."
Hasala closes the VR simulation, exits the machine, stretches, and then heads to the armory.

Exit VR, head to Armory. Say the following to the AM:
"Excuse me, miss... armory master? You know about the strengths and weaknesses of the armory inventory, yes? What could you tell me about weaknesses or vulnerabilities of battlesuits?"

Also buy the chem-thrower from the Player Market (which I assume is a billboard or a bunch of magnets on the wall next to the kiosk?) for 2 tokens and inquire about the costs of both types of  ammunition.
{WIKI}
Remove:
2 token
Add:
Chem-thrower

I forget what the price of the stuff is. I think it's like 1 or 2. Anyone else remember?

Also, the battle suits are pretty strong all around. But they're weaker to physical impact as opposed lasers or anything, and weaker at the joints.

"Hmm."
Hasala closes the VR simulation, exits the machine, stretches, and then heads to the armory.

Exit VR, head to Armory. Say the following to the AM:
"Excuse me, miss... armory master? You know about the strengths and weaknesses of the armory inventory, yes? What could you tell me about weaknesses or vulnerabilities of battlesuits?"

Also buy the chem-thrower from the Player Market (which I assume is a billboard or a bunch of magnets on the wall next to the kiosk?) for 2 tokens and inquire about the costs of both types of  ammunition.
((Ammo is a token per can of namite or goop, I asked pw earlier. Be sure to add 2 tokens to the newbie fund for the thrower.))
Ah good, RC remembers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26103 on: October 09, 2014, 11:41:12 am »

((Sorry, forgot. And I'll do it later.))

Kyle puts his stuff away before going and charging a will bonus on the off chance the cloak is mind rapey and puts on the cloak in the armory.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26104 on: October 09, 2014, 12:10:11 pm »

That's what I meant, I couldn't remembert what Flint used as a range for his rainbow gun. Then do that so I can see what this hunk of junk actually does, go shoot a large piece of debris. Aim for a piece of debris away from the planet and the sword, though. Also, should I fail, shoot again until I score a hit 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:36:57 pm by Pancaek »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26105 on: October 09, 2014, 03:03:25 pm »

((Can I assume I also know about the cockpit hatch release switch IC?))

Buy a canister of namite for the chem-thrower. Also ask for the Goop dissolvant, but don't buy it yet if it costs tokens. Put the chem-thrower and related bits in my locker and grab that anklet while I'm there, then head back to VR. Spawn a battlesuit and have the VR program highlight the suit's cameras, as well as their field of vision. Does the battlesuit have any blind spots?

Spawn a gunpowder weapon, something the average lower-tech insurgent would likely be able to get their hands on. Shoot at one of the battlesuit's cameras; are they durable enough to withstand the bullets?

Then spawn a paintball gun or a watergun with paint in its tank and fire it at another of the battlesuit's cameras. Does this successfully blind it?

Finally, ask Steve what the average UWM garrison's gear is like, for outer rim worlds with a civilian population and maybe a military space-scanning installation or such. Rough estimation of number of Sods, number of battlesuits, what kind of weaponry they'd have available, military installation defenses, etc.

Also ask him for general advice on the VR training course I'm about to design.

@Pancaek: While walking back to the rec room, Hasala sends a message on his wristpad.
Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Pancaek Nilys
Hello. General Miyamoto tasked me with creating instructional videos/VR scenarios for insurgents, and said that he had tasked you with something similar, and that I should coordinate with you. I'm about to start working on a VR instructional course; what task did he assign to you?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26106 on: October 09, 2014, 03:14:02 pm »

Quote from:  Pancaek -> Hasala
Basically the same thing. I've got one video done where I talk to them about conserving their power and explain the common sod soldier to them. So, maybe we should let eachother know what instructuonals we'll make so we don't do double work?

By the way, if you make a video, throw in a line about not blowing themselves up in there somewhere. Steve said that's been a bit of a problem.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26107 on: October 09, 2014, 03:21:01 pm »

((Thanks you two for working on those videos. Note that you each have a slightly different assignment, so it's not like I gave you two the exact same job, but there could be some overlap.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26108 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:25 pm »

Hmm…

ask the Armoury Master: "Hey that big plasma cannon thing, is there a smaller version? Like a pistol, or a rifle, something that does the same thing but umm… smaller? Like golfballs in stead of basketballs."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26110 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:25 pm »

((well i got the tranq pistol when i asked for it right? right?
and surely space magic means we should be able to get more than one shot out of a plasma pistol. surely.
*crosses fingers*))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26111 on: October 10, 2014, 06:29:37 pm »

"I'd prefer something that's reusable, but it just has to be good anti personnel."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26112 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:04 am »

((Sorry, forgot. And I'll do it later.))

Kyle puts his stuff away before going and charging a will bonus on the off chance the cloak is mind rapey and puts on the cloak in the armory.
Charging a roll takes one full turn.

We'll assume you spend this turn doing that.

That's what I meant, I couldn't remembert what Flint used as a range for his rainbow gun. Then do that so I can see what this hunk of junk actually does, go shoot a large piece of debris. Aim for a piece of debris away from the planet and the sword, though. Also, should I fail, shoot again until I score a hit 
Ok. This part is important.

1.How are you attached to the ship? Free floating with a tether or standing on the ship surface somehow?
2. How far away is the target debris?

((Can I assume I also know about the cockpit hatch release switch IC?))

Buy a canister of namite for the chem-thrower. Also ask for the Goop dissolvant, but don't buy it yet if it costs tokens. Put the chem-thrower and related bits in my locker and grab that anklet while I'm there, then head back to VR. Spawn a battlesuit and have the VR program highlight the suit's cameras, as well as their field of vision. Does the battlesuit have any blind spots?

Spawn a gunpowder weapon, something the average lower-tech insurgent would likely be able to get their hands on. Shoot at one of the battlesuit's cameras; are they durable enough to withstand the bullets?

Then spawn a paintball gun or a watergun with paint in its tank and fire it at another of the battlesuit's cameras. Does this successfully blind it?

Finally, ask Steve what the average UWM garrison's gear is like, for outer rim worlds with a civilian population and maybe a military space-scanning installation or such. Rough estimation of number of Sods, number of battlesuits, what kind of weaponry they'd have available, military installation defenses, etc.

Also ask him for general advice on the VR training course I'm about to design.

@Pancaek: While walking back to the rec room, Hasala sends a message on his wristpad.
Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Pancaek Nilys
Hello. General Miyamoto tasked me with creating instructional videos/VR scenarios for insurgents, and said that he had tasked you with something similar, and that I should coordinate with you. I'm about to start working on a VR instructional course; what task did he assign to you?
Sure.
{WIKI}
+Namite canister for sprayer
-1 token.
+good dissolvant
Related stuff in locker
Anklet taken from locker

That depends on where the arms are, but Directly behind it and directly under it are good bets.
Thats kinda like saying "Shoot a keyhole" chances of a direct hit are...very low. Even lower if the thing is actually moving. And even then it has a layer of ballistic plastic over the camera itself. You could damage the plastic and make it harder to see through though.

That actually works better. limited range but good for blinding.

Depends on security and priority. Rimworlds probably won't even have sods, it will just be locals. The only ones with a large military presence would be strategically important ones, and even then the garrison is gonna vary.

Basically, keep in mind that it's gonna be for an average person. So make the things they need to do sound doable and don't mention mortality rates.

Hmm…

ask the Armoury Master: "Hey that big plasma cannon thing, is there a smaller version? Like a pistol, or a rifle, something that does the same thing but umm… smaller? Like golfballs in stead of basketballs."
It would be possible to "Shrink" one and create a small sized one, but you'd still need the automanip which would mean the price wouldn't change much.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26113 on: October 11, 2014, 11:37:38 am »

Ok. This part is important.

1.How are you attached to the ship? Free floating with a tether or standing on the ship surface somehow?
2. How far away is the target debris?

1. Standing on the surface, but tethered to the ship with super-duper-space-industrial-strength-rope or something like that. Standing on the surface either with  magboots or by using my mass amp to make a little bit of gravity or something.
2. Target debris is approx 300m away.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26114 on: October 11, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »

Alright, finish action this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 2101