_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928804 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26085 on: October 06, 2014, 01:19:10 am »

((Spektr and Raduga, if available, have five distinct firing modes each, although only three would actually have significantly different results, plus of course each is capable of an overcharge shot. I understand you might want to have results for all of them, so this is mostly a reminder, for yours and PW's benefit.

Microwave, regular laser, and X-Ray, with and without overcharge. Might want to specify that in the post.
Details are in the wiki.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26086 on: October 06, 2014, 08:34:29 am »

Kyle goes to the Armory Master to see about the prices of the following items.
Spoiler: Shopping list (click to show/hide)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26087 on: October 06, 2014, 03:04:36 pm »

Yttra sees Kyle and looks a little queasy for some reason.

Sand… living sand… umm…

Not sure about the sandcoat yet so

ask the Armoury Master: "What kind of weapons are there that will let me stay as far away from my teammates as possible while still being useful?"

It seems Yttra has quickly identified the number one threat on the battlefield.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26088 on: October 06, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »

"To be honest good armor is probably better. Maybe a shield."
Kyle says turning in Yttra.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26089 on: October 06, 2014, 04:00:20 pm »

"Yeah, but the good armour costs like 20 tokens… and my shield got shot right thru. This kinetic barrier thing looks nice. But it's like 7 tokens which is all my tokens and it still doesn't protect against lasers."

"Umm so by the way… how are your… urgh… like… all inside and everything?" she says, looking at Kyle's midsection.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26090 on: October 06, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »

"Eh, it was just a got shot, moisten the innies put them back in and sew it up. All better."

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26091 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:49 pm »

"Ha, sure, maybe if you're a doctor. Not just i dunno some idiot with duct-tape and a roll of plastic-wrap."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26092 on: October 06, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »

"Well, you did a good job for someone who had no idea what they were doing."
Kyle smiles at Yttra.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26093 on: October 07, 2014, 06:24:25 am »

"Man, why do you even try and make tutorials for those assholes. They don't even matter at all."
"Shut up man, they're important to our cause."
"They're just as important to our 'cause' as you are dipshit. Meaning not at all."

Go to am/library(?) and see if I can get any books on zen/taoism/meditation or their ER equivalent. Also see if they have a copy of the art of war.

Then go to NYARS and buy a medium red square with no line. Open box and look what's inside but don't touch yet.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:57:38 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26094 on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:44 pm »

Use the VR machines then.
Alright, we got the normal programs
Punch many things
Battle of hexbarax
Duel
Tinker
Poacher

A. Okay, now test the following against squishy VR people:
1. Plasma Projector
2. Gauss Cannon (non-nuclear rounds)
3. (if available) the chem-thrower (both ammo types)
4. (if available) the Testament
5. (if available) the Spektr (For both the Spektr and Raduga, refer to Sean's quote below. Also, give VR self the stats to use these.)
6. (if available) the Raduga rifle

B. And again with the battlesuits.

((Spektr and Raduga, if available, have five distinct firing modes each, although only three would actually have significantly different results, plus of course each is capable of an overcharge shot. I understand you might want to have results for all of them, so this is mostly a reminder, for yours and PW's benefit.

Microwave, regular laser, and X-Ray, with and without overcharge. Might want to specify that in the post.
Details are in the wiki.))
1.Punches, or more dissolves, a basketball sized hole in the target
2.Much the same as above, but with a lot more splatter.
3.Extremely effective burning. Second ammo type is goop, so...no damage, but fairly good at incapacitating.
4.Stabs into them a good 5-6 inches and then detonates into electrified shards.
5.Microwave would, I assume, boil liquids it comes in contact with and result in cooked tissue along the path of the shot, though it would take a few shots to make it nice and edible. Regular laser would, well you know what lasers do. They burn holes through stuff. A charged one would probably burn a rather ragged, half slice, half steam burst through the flesh. X-ray would probably just cause cell death along the path.
6.Same as above but bigger.

1.Pretty good melting effect. Could probably slice a limb off. Might even hit the pilot if you get a good shot.
2. Not that much. A few shots in the same place would break a layer of armor.
3.Thermite...depends. It could melt through pretty well but that assumes there's enough of it and the suit just stands there and doesn't shake t off. Goop, you'd need a lot but it could restrain a battlesuit.
4. Pretty good penetration, but you'd need to shoot it a lot to get through. You'd need to concentrate the fire, weaken the armor, penetrate that way.
5.Microwave could hurt the pilot and the electronics, though the cockpit is shielded against EM Radiation so you'd probably need the Raduga and a concentrated burst. Laser don't do shit against suits, x-ray, same thing as the microwave.
6.same as above but more powerful so better chance of penetration.

Kyle goes to the Armory Master to see about the prices of the following items.
Spoiler: Shopping list (click to show/hide)
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free
Free

Yttra sees Kyle and looks a little queasy for some reason.

Sand… living sand… umm…

Not sure about the sandcoat yet so

ask the Armoury Master: "What kind of weapons are there that will let me stay as far away from my teammates as possible while still being useful?"

It seems Yttra has quickly identified the number one threat on the battlefield.

"Common sense." She replies.

"Failing that, gauss rifle with a good scope, probably. Gunnerbot or any of the remote controlled weapons too."

"Man, why do you even try and make tutorials for those assholes. They don't even matter at all."
"Shut up man, they're important to our cause."
"They're just as important to our 'cause' as you are dipshit. Meaning not at all."

Go to am/library(?) and see if I can get any books on zen/taoism/meditation or their ER equivalent. Also see if they have a copy of the art of war.

Then go to NYARS and buy a medium red square with no line. Open box and look what's inside but don't touch yet.

Well there's still old books about such things and a copy of the art of war.

Hmm, medium, red square no line eh?

You open the capsule and are rewarded with...a gun of some variety. It looks a lot like some sort of laser rifle, though missing the outer casing and heavily modified with parts you don't recognize. The focusing chambers have been all but removed and the battery has been heavily shunted into the mechanisms around the laser. The laser emitter itself seems much smaller too.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26095 on: October 07, 2014, 12:31:31 pm »

"Then I will take it all. And a back pack. Or multiple pouches. And a flask."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26096 on: October 07, 2014, 12:35:44 pm »

"Well, what did I expect, really?"

Take the gun out of the box and look it over for buttons/switches/writing or anything that can give me some more insight about how it works. Also go show it to the AM.

If we have some kind of shooting range or a place where I can try this without damaging important bits, go there and shoot this at a somewhat faraway target.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:33:00 pm by Pancaek »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26097 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »

Tinker.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26098 on: October 07, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »

"Hmm."
Hasala closes the VR simulation, exits the machine, stretches, and then heads to the armory.

Exit VR, head to Armory. Say the following to the AM:
"Excuse me, miss... armory master? You know about the strengths and weaknesses of the armory inventory, yes? What could you tell me about weaknesses or vulnerabilities of battlesuits?"

Also buy the chem-thrower from the Player Market (which I assume is a billboard or a bunch of magnets on the wall next to the kiosk?) for 2 tokens and inquire about the costs of both types of  ammunition.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26099 on: October 08, 2014, 01:18:36 am »

"Hmm."
Hasala closes the VR simulation, exits the machine, stretches, and then heads to the armory.

Exit VR, head to Armory. Say the following to the AM:
"Excuse me, miss... armory master? You know about the strengths and weaknesses of the armory inventory, yes? What could you tell me about weaknesses or vulnerabilities of battlesuits?"

Also buy the chem-thrower from the Player Market (which I assume is a billboard or a bunch of magnets on the wall next to the kiosk?) for 2 tokens and inquire about the costs of both types of  ammunition.
((Ammo is a token per can of namite or goop, I asked pw earlier. Be sure to add 2 tokens to the newbie fund for the thrower.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 2101