_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947630 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23880 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:53 am »

Spend the year refining the use of different amps and experimenting with ways to transcend my mundane and mortal existence.
This could be interpreted as trying to kill yourself, just to tell you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23881 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:28 am »

((Cue slow pan out and fade to black. Suddenly display an ominous int roll result. Then roll credits.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23882 on: February 18, 2014, 04:17:52 am »

Spend the year refining the use of different amps and experimenting with ways to transcend my mundane and mortal existence.
This could be interpreted as trying to kill yourself, just to tell you.
((Meh.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23883 on: February 18, 2014, 06:49:24 am »

If you can create a full copy of your brain, then keeping it safe is fine, but I won't have it roaming. Indeed, I'd rather keep it in a stasis cell, if your new makeup doesn't make you immune to being put on ice like normal. To be released on the event of your death, of course.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23884 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:29 am »

Dominika buys a laser rifle, a microwave amp, and spends the year training not to kill herself with the amp/get killed with guns.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23885 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:24 am »

Skylar spends the year repairing and optimizing all the things.

He started with the pile of ships, including giving the original blackship a new coat of paint to make it vaguely resemble a medical transport.

When he finally ran out of work to do on those, he asked Steve and Simus if there was anything he could help optimize about the planet's facilities and defenses, and then did that.

As a frequent break from fixing things, he took the blackship out for a spin to put out whatever fires other members of the team created and render emergency medical beatings and transport.

Somewhere in this, he tried to scrounge up some extra tokens to get an upgraded suit, eventually giving up and buying a MK II if he didn't find any. Then he spends the entirety of the last month making modifications to the MK II and it's computer software.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:47:28 am by Kriellya »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23887 on: February 18, 2014, 08:47:23 am »

((@ toaster: nice propaganda you've got there. One small thing: make sure to depict Miya's face like it was before he rolled out of stasis. I'm going to get rid of my current metal one anyways.))

((That's what I intended, but I spelled it out for clarity.  I figure having Chompers and Albino Gorilla as our fearless leaders may send the wrong message.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23888 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:15 am »

((@RC: Yes, I'd like to be added to a team, I'll even ask in character.))
When he is able to, Theodore walks over to Miyamoto, "Excuse me sir, could you add me to the defense and boarding teams, I would like to help."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23889 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:10 am »

"I knew Sandy was a pagan god and all, but this is something else, really!"

Examine the spacesuit and skeleton gift. Check it out for any unusual properties in comparison with the MK I suit.

Then get a stand of some kind from the Armory to put the skeleton on after removing it from the suit. If possible, get the skeleton bolted up so it still holds together. If I can't get either, donate skeleton, who I have dubbed Mr. Dead, to the Doctor. Maybe he'd be interested in its properties. Put on the spacesuit and check how it affects my movement.

Timeskip Actions:

First Priority: practice ability with whatever conventional weapons I can get my hands on, but mostly with the High Energy Projector.

Second Priority: read whatever historical manuscripts regarding weapons research and the Altered Wars I can find.

Third Priority: perfect dancing and singing skills!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:14:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23890 on: February 18, 2014, 11:04:51 am »

If we have to make the decision now, Anton will spend the year mostly working on the various construction and design projects around the planet, raising his handiwork and auxiliary skills in the process. He will also work on the Artee's design and software/wetware programming (possibly together with Saint), making sure it's all ready for construction if/when he receives the go-ahead from "Executive Overseer" Simus.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23891 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:49 am »

If I've written too many things, just try to do the things that would have the greatest positive impact. Or failing that try to do as much as possible.

1. Practice Pacifism -> Ask the AM if she has any advice on how to best avoid casualties and convince the enemy to surrender (if that is possible, of course) instead of fighting to the death. If she argues, tell her that yes, I realise that killing them is easier but that's not what I want to learn right now and plead her to share anything helpful.
Ask her how I could had avoided the death of the Urban Executor, what I did wrong, what I could had done better, etc.
Generally try to gain knowledge about this sort of stuff.
I don't expect this war to go by without me killing someone but I'd prefer to minimize the people I have to kill.

2. Simus -> Be bodyguard when necessary, be serious yet helpful and friendly but not too friendly. Try to learn a thing or two by watching her.

3. Construction -> Use battlesuit strength/durability and mobility to aid in construction.

4. Practice War -> With Battlesuit, Laser and Rainbow Cannon.
See if Gilgamesh's computer has any hidden functions, ask AM/Steve/internet for some tutorials/manuals/etc.
Practice flying quickly and shooting while flying and dodging.
Practice identifying high value/danger targets from afar/in a crowd/around corners/behind obstacles by utilising the cameyes.

4.5. If possible, I'd also like the following info about the Rainbow Cannon:
4.5.1. What does the Orange mode look like?
4.5.2. What does the Violet mode look like?
4.5.3. What is the pictogram of Violet mode?
4.5.4. If possible, also test fire the following modes: Orange, Yellow, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

4.5.5. As a bonus, practice shouting the cool names of things while doing them. For example, Selecting red mode and firing would have me shouting "VULCAN'S LANCE!" or using the the blue mode would have me shouting "ZEUS' FURY!", etc. Classic comicbook hero stuff.

5. Bar -> Mandate construction of one if it doesn't exist.
Maybe use the Rec Room of the Sword as a bar for civilians too, if building one on planet is out of the question. Would certainly help bring us closer to the workers, get us to know each other.
Have Piecewise the lizard be the bar's mascot.
Talk about the evils of UWM and how ARM is great while there. Have fun with the civies and the others.
Don't get drunk. At least don't get drunk too often. Once or twice over the course of the year is fine.

5.5 Ask the Doctor wether or not he can sing and whether or not he likes to sing. Ask the same questions to the Armoury Master. Don't sound like a (complete) idiot when asking the AM, I don't want to get myself killed, at least not like that.
Try to convince the Doctor and the Armoury Master to sing together at the bar.

6. Music -> Find some good music online to download into Gilgamesh. An excuse for me to be able to blast music through Gilgamesh's speakers.
Something for psychological warfare would be nice too. Like they do with Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now.

7. Propaganda -> Aid Steve and Lars in propaganda. I was an actor, I should be able to help. Plus, I got my sad story to share.

8. Knowledge -> Figure out just what the hell ARM stands for.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:09:26 am by Parisbre56 »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23892 on: February 18, 2014, 11:21:51 am »

Marcius spends the timeskip practicing using his new gauss rifle.

A lot of practice.

And his kinetic amp. Practice that too.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23893 on: February 18, 2014, 11:41:18 am »

((We could always use a good actor in our documentary.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23894 on: February 18, 2014, 11:49:38 am »

During the year-long break in hostilities, Maurice renews his scientific assault on a way to temporarily boost regeneration in a human (without genemodifications or any other permanent changes), likely with either tweaked stem cells (natural or functionally identical synthetic) or short-living, self-devouring organical agents equivalent to Mesk's. For hours he locks himself away in a remote airlock, honing his mind's focus and ability to withstand external influence of the cursed knife he borrowed from Morul.
His leisure time he spends on finishing the portrait gallery of HMR Corps people and educating self via books and Net courses.

((@Toaster Have you thought about using the 'Sir Milno the Snark' portrait for propaganda purposes? That larger than life and 'somehow even snarkier than original, take that' painting?
@Kisame I hope you wouldn't mind me borrowing the knife during the timeskip. Again, how do you feel about altogether selling it to Maurice? Not sure if you got the offer last time.))

EDIT: ((@GM As a side note, Maurice's entry in idiots_in_space.txt seems to lack the latest level-up from Ghostship mission (+5 Will, +3 Exo), the internship benefit, the MFM I purchased, and the 'medifoam' has no mention of the quantity (2 cans). Could you fix that, please?))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:36:19 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 [1593] 1594 1595 ... 2101