_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937427 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22800 on: January 10, 2014, 07:48:18 pm »

((Milno has a sharkmist infestation/symbiosis going for him, though trying to get a sample from him qualifies as a bad idea. Never experimented to find its full potential because in ER, everything like that is either screwing with you or lulling you into a false sense of security to screw you more throughly later.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22801 on: January 10, 2014, 09:11:04 pm »

It may also be prudent to point out that Milno is our most experienced veteran, and the only scar he has to show for it is a single robot hand.  That he got on his first mission.  Dude's practically made of iron, compared to most HMRC inmates.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22802 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:33 pm »

((And now his gauntlet may be able to shift into a fully functioning rifle.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22803 on: January 10, 2014, 10:10:52 pm »

It may also be prudent to point out that Milno is our most experienced veteran, and the only scar he has to show for it is a single robot hand.  That he got on his first mission.  Dude's practically made of iron, compared to most HMRC inmates.
((Though it should be noted that he's lost most of his torso before.

He's still doing better than Denzel.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22804 on: January 10, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

((Morul and Cog can attest to the "One does not simply fuck with alium tech." sentiment. Morul had his eyes burned out, his memories stolen, and is now a button press away from uncertain death. Cog got turned into sludge. Dammit, I spent so much time on Cog. Ah well. Such is life.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22805 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:45 pm »

((Morul and Cog can attest to the "One does not simply fuck with alium tech." sentiment. Morul had his eyes burned out, his memories stolen, and is now a button press away from uncertain death. Cog got turned into sludge. Dammit, I spent so much time on Cog. Ah well. Such is life.))
((My current policy on anomaly exploration is 'Cool, I'm just going to put this on the map and keep moving. Not gonna touch it. Bye, anomaly.'

I think it holds promise.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22806 on: January 11, 2014, 12:02:12 am »

((I still like the ancient technique of throwing something at it and running if anything happens. If nothing happens, proceed to phase two and hit it. Then you grab it and haul ass.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22807 on: January 11, 2014, 12:24:18 am »

((Im rather fond of the "poke it with a sharp stick and jump backwards" method, it has served us faithfully for thousands of years.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22808 on: January 11, 2014, 12:27:07 am »

((Attempting to create crystals with intricate internal structures could lead to some interesting developments, depending on how PW takes it. Either that, or he'll just shock me and send me back to repairs.))
((No offense, but...aren't crystals defined by the simplicity of their structures? And if you're talking about just hollowing out strategic bits, well...what's wrong with metal?))

((What about Grate? Mixed in with a "Don't screw with space magic" moral.))

((I still like the ancient technique of throwing something at it and running if anything happens. If nothing happens, proceed to phase two and hit it. Then you grab it and haul ass.
((Well, depending on how much we want to abuse Grate's immortality and risk the wrath of players who are almost always absent, we could try patenting the "Throw Grate at it" method.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22809 on: January 11, 2014, 12:38:32 am »

((The crystals have simple yet strong internal molecular structures, like diamonds. Research can be done on finding stronger and more flexible crystal structures, which could be adapted for a useful metal alloy. Whats more, some crystals structures give them unique benefits, like piezoelectric crystals. They can be used to turn physical attacks into electric charge which would make good damage mitigation for armor, which is why I wanted to study the crystals from the crystalline projector. By either careful analysis or dumb luck, eventually more useful crystal structures could be found.))
((I also support patenting the "Throw Grate" method.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22810 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

((I highly doubt that you'd be able to find such crystal structures without a big lab and high skills in sciency stuff. If it's even possible--even diamond is horribly brittle.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22811 on: January 11, 2014, 12:47:59 am »

((I kinda hope Handiwork is related to science. I also hope that the same lab where people research their alien artifacts can be accessed by me. I again hope that PW doesn't taze me out of this path.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22812 on: January 11, 2014, 12:54:40 am »

((Handiwork isn't research, it's building stuff. Knitting, welding, and whittling have two things in common: They use Handiwork if you're crazy or in a weird and desperate enough situation, and they all involve following old techniques rather than inventing new ones. I'd guess science would be more of a straight Intelligence thing.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22813 on: January 11, 2014, 12:56:45 am »

((Or intuition if it's something really strange.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22814 on: January 11, 2014, 01:02:11 am »

((My Handiwork is 12, and my intelligence is 5. I have a chance of success.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1519 1520 [1521] 1522 1523 ... 2101