_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937475 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22785 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:17 pm »

((I'd rather avoid trying to shove other verses' stuff into ER or find a feasible way to adapt it in. That kind of thing has a tendency to come off as sloppy and a bit forced.))

Administer the Joker triage to the witnesses. Which involves the usage of medicine and avoidance of disasters, not extreme violence.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:55:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: January 10, 2014, 05:14:57 pm »

Tell someone to remove the propane tank, then try and find a place to set up a little R&D area. Then start research on advanced crystal structures.
((Research time! Besides, I know if I try to remove that tank, it'll explode on me.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22787 on: January 10, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »

((I'd rather avoid trying to shove other verses' stuff into ER or find a feasible way to adapt it in. That kind of thing has a tendency to come off as sloppy and a bit forced.))

((I'm with Cael on this one. Seriosuly, fanboy to WH40k I might be (though I have to say: Fuck the Marines. Guard/Tau hybrid all the way), and you might be, but this is not WH40k, and nor should it be. Let's keep it unique, guys.

Also, the designs for the Sibilus are still locked up nice and tight for any but Simus. If you try and scan it in, it should pop up a notification about that and not let you mess with it.

And to a few of the earlier bits involving nanotechnology: It doesn't work that way.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: January 10, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »

((The reason most commissars use bolt pistols is for the fact that they are loud, powerful, and imposing. They have two main drawbacks, one being weight, the other ammunition. A laspistol has less stopping power, and is less imposing, but it's light, fairly accurate, and the cells can be recharged from almost any power source, including leaving them out in the sun.))
((So what happens if you shoot a laspistol with another laspistol to recharge the first laspistol?
((Depends. But if the Imperium had solar cells that could handle laser fire, there would be much better uses for them. Like spacecraft armor.))

((I think this is more taking inspiration.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: January 10, 2014, 05:49:52 pm »

((If nanobots are out, microbots are in. I will have my microforge. Sorta wish I put all my skills into willpower, then I could use the matter conversion amp. Until then, microbots.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: January 10, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

((If nanobots are out, microbots are in. I will have my microforge. Sorta wish I put all my skills into willpower, then I could use the matter conversion amp. Until then, microbots.))

((Quite a few of the issues applied to nanorobotics will still apply to microrobotics in the same instance, your 'microforge'. It's just not feasible.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »

((True, but they are reduced. Thats why I am not going with conventional technology, which has its limitations, but with complex crystals or synthetic life (Or both if I can get a working crystal formation). If I study the sharkmist and crystalliser gun, I should get some ideas on the way forward.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: January 10, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »

((Why not just use conventional stuff?

Also, does X-Com have some kind of catharsis mode? I am in serious need to blow off some steam and suspect that continuing the current game wouldn't do so.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: January 10, 2014, 06:50:51 pm »

((For I am a cheapskate and there is no way in hell I'm paying 20 tokens for a device I can't use. I'll make my own instead.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:30 pm »

((I said conventional. That means, like, Handiwork or factories or something. Didn't pick up Handiwork? Too bad, you're not making stuff.))

((P.S. Sorry if I'm being blunt, I'm in a bad mood. Hence my request for knowledge of X-Com: Catharsis Mode.
Why not a shooter or something, you ask? Because I suck at those.))
Sig

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22795 on: January 10, 2014, 06:55:23 pm »

((Handiwork 4. Oh yeahs, I'll make anything I damn well want. My tip? Grab the Dawn of War series (1, not 2) and play through the campaigns.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:15 pm »

((True, but they are reduced. Thats why I am not going with conventional technology, which has its limitations, but with complex crystals or synthetic life (Or both if I can get a working crystal formation). If I study the sharkmist and crystalliser gun, I should get some ideas on the way forward.))

((You do know the meaning of the phrase, 'Black Box', yes? The workings of the crystalline projector (the 'crystalliser[sic] gun' you're referring to, considering the piezoelectric shard launcher is relatively uninteresting, and by the way, that thing costs your entire starting pay) are considered, explicitly, black box. So are the manipulators, when someone tried to open one in VR. I don't think PW is going to tell you, and will likely inform you of that fact by mild electrocution. As for the sharkmist bioweapon, you have no samples and likely won't be allowed to have any, considering its status as a bioweapon, yeah? And besides, synthetic life is probably not something you're going to be making (do you have any idea how hard that is?), and 'complex crystals' makes no sense, whatsoever.

And what in the world are you going to try to make that would be better off put together by a manufacturing technique that would have trouble building a small ruler? And handiwork 4 won't save you from [Roll: Are you fucking kidding me?]. it only gives you a 1/3 chance at a +1 bonus anyways.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22797 on: January 10, 2014, 07:00:54 pm »

((I said conventional. That means, like, Handiwork or factories or something. Didn't pick up Handiwork? Too bad, you're not making stuff.))

((P.S. Sorry if I'm being blunt, I'm in a bad mood. Hence my request for knowledge of X-Com: Catharsis Mode.
Why not a shooter or something, you ask? Because I suck at those.))

((Try Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on non-hardcore difficulty. That's the most cathartic game I can think of, at least initially. Worth every penny if you don't have it.))

((Handiwork 4. Oh yeahs, I'll make anything I damn well want. My tip? Grab the Dawn of War series (1, not 2) and play through the campaigns.))

((You don't have Handiwork 4. You have Handiwork 3 and a +1 bonus. That's essentially Handiwork 12. This prevents 1s, but does not save you from 6es or 7s, which are just as bad if you're trying to actually make something.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: January 10, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »

((Also, does X-Com have some kind of catharsis mode? I am in serious need to blow off some steam and suspect that continuing the current game wouldn't do so.))

((Catharsis mode is as such, I would think: Easy, using a squad composed of all heroes. No achievements, but you want catharsis, yeah?

Here's a list of names for them:
Sid Meier (Support) (Psionic)
Otto Zander (Assault)
Joe Kelly (Heavy)
Ken Levine (Sniper)
Chris Kluwe (Sniper)
William Carter (Assault)
))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: January 10, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

((Handiwork 12? Daymn. Still, no 1's, which usually result in catastrophic failure.))
((Attempting to create crystals with intricate internal structures could lead to some interesting developments, depending on how PW takes it. Either that, or he'll just shock me and send me back to repairs.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 2101