_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938162 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22635 on: January 07, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »

((Piecewise: Can I eschew the constant charging of dynamic bonuses and just learn to use the arms?  Like how Mesk can fly a shuttle with no rolls?))

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Continue to charge my AUX bonus.  If I can be helpful in any possible way, be helpful instead.  Contemplate whether I could just take the power tools from Marcius and use them with the arms.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22636 on: January 07, 2014, 04:59:29 pm »

((I remember sending Thomas with the Rescue Team and Pancaek with the Survey Team. I checked the other thread and Thomas seems to be with the Survey team as well, leaving Rescue de-Joker'd.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22637 on: January 07, 2014, 05:04:04 pm »

((I just bought the original and due to derping on my part, the first mission I got was...

A terror mission in Calcutta. I'm still playing it, but apparently aliens like to one-hit my rookie soldiers.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22638 on: January 07, 2014, 05:04:16 pm »

((Piecewise: Can I eschew the constant charging of dynamic bonuses and just learn to use the arms?  Like how Mesk can fly a shuttle with no rolls?))

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Continue to charge my AUX bonus.  If I can be helpful in any possible way, be helpful instead.  Contemplate whether I could just take the power tools from Marcius and use them with the arms.

((Dynamic bonus caps at +1...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22639 on: January 07, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »

Two wristpads, miles apart, beep in unison as Mesk and Skylar receive a message from Anton.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Mesk and Skylar
Sorry, don't remember you people's surnames.

If you want to do some work that's probably less exciting and likely safer than what you're doing now, the shipyard survey team needs two pilots to fly some skycranes and lift the ships and wrecks out into a surface salvage yard. There's at least four dozen ships here, a few hours of work at minimum. Report to Steve for the ships you'll be flying.

No rush, but the sooner we're done, the sooner we can pave over this radioactive hole and start doing something more constructive.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22640 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:37 pm »

((I can pilot a skycrane if you want.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22641 on: January 07, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »

-snip-
((Starting to wish I had bought the old version...))

((Not trying to say mean, but you're having troubles in Enemy Unknown on the Easy Setting. The original game would literally eat you.

I never played the original, but I played Xenonauts. Close nuff'?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22642 on: January 07, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »

-snip-

((Not trying to say mean, but you're having troubles in Enemy Unknown on the Easy Setting. The original game would literally eat you.

((Oh god the chryssalids...

http://www.ufopaedia.org/images/6/6c/Chryssalid.gif))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22643 on: January 07, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »

-snip-

((From what I played of Xenonauts, it seems to be "more X-COM than X-COM". It's simplified in some specific ways, but greatly expanded in others. I personally dislike the overly realistic approach to graphics and designs, but it keeps most of the core mechanics intact.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22644 on: January 07, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »

Arrive. Look around. How bad have things got?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22645 on: January 07, 2014, 07:02:31 pm »

-snip-

((It's already eaten 8 of my people. On 2 missions. One as he was on the ramp running back into the skyranger. I went in with 8 that mission, and left with 2.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22646 on: January 07, 2014, 07:05:31 pm »

((I just bought the original and due to derping on my part, the first mission I got was...

A terror mission in Calcutta. I'm still playing it, but apparently aliens like to one-hit my rookie soldiers.))

((That's the norm. It'll keep happening until you get Personal Armor. With the standard coveralls, a plasma pistol (which that aliens will abandon for plasma rifles, and then heavy plasmas fairly quickly) will do 0-92 damage to a soldier who's hit in the front, averaging at 40. With Personal Armor, the same shot will do 0-54 damage, averaging 2. Is that sounds odd, it's because of how the game calculates damage: Penetrating Damage=(Weapon Damage*A random point between 0% and 200%*Damage Modifier (For humans, Personal Armor or no, against plasma, 100%))-Armor, so for a plasma pistol shot against a coverall human in the front, it's (52*0%-200%*1)-12. For Personal Armor humans, it's (52*0%-200%*1)-50.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22647 on: January 07, 2014, 07:09:21 pm »

Now, this can go one of two ways. You can try and get Tavik to come down in here to help you, which may prevent another incident with the fan. Or you can try and do it on your own, because you don't really care about death anyways. This way will require you to hang upside down and fix the fan with no tools. And I haven't looked, but I'm fairly sure you don't have a handiwork bonus.
((Pretty sure I have both a tool kit and a Handiwork bonus. Checking my sheet confirms both the toolkit and the fact that Handiwork seems to be my highest skill.))

[intuition:2-1]
Maybe...the leak isn't on the outside...maybe it's on the inside!

[int:3]
Wait...no...something about what you just said seems wrong. Hmm.
((Aw. Why couldn't you have just kept the result of the Intuition test? Why did you have to bring Intelligence into it?))

Original is only 5 bucks
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7760/
Or free if you want to torrent it, since I think the original makers aren't getting paid for it anymore regardless.
((Well yes, but if I bought the old version I wouldn't have spent $20 on the new one.))

X-COM: A completely old school pc game that eschews time saving and explanation in favor of massive amounts of freedom and control; which you will of course need since it's also much harder.
((...Um. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it just yet, given that the new one is currently crushing the life out of my team. On Easy mode.))

((Ooh. That's pretty much what killed Socks. I suppose you should be glad they aren't killing two rookies per attack...))

((It's already eaten 8 of my people. On 2 missions. One as he was on the ramp running back into the skyranger.))
((Is it mean to laugh at this? Because I did.))

((That's the norm. It'll keep happening until you get Personal Armor. With the standard coveralls, a plasma pistol (which that aliens will abandon for plasma rifles, and then heavy plasmas fairly quickly) will do 0-92 damage to a soldier who's hit in the front, averaging at 40. With Personal Armor, the same shot will do 0-54 damage, averaging 2. Is that sounds odd, it's because of how the game calculates damage: Penetrating Damage=(Weapon Damage*A random point between 0% and 200%*Damage Modifier (For humans, Personal Armor or no, against plasma, 100%))-Armor, so for a plasma pistol shot against a coverall human in the front, it's (52*0%-200%*1)-12. For Personal Armor humans, it's (52*0%-200%*1)-50.))
((Ooh, percentile health...))

((IC post in a sec.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22648 on: January 07, 2014, 07:10:34 pm »

Attempt to get my partner to come in with my. Use my Toolkit and my +1.3 bonus to Handiwork to fix the fan thingy.

...Try not to overshoot again. Especially not a 7-8. That would be bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22649 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:39 pm »

((No, not percentile health. Your recruits will start with 25-40 health, and every soldier will cap out at 60/61 health.

Oh, and if you think X-COM: EU's bad, TFTD is worse. See, there was a bug in the first game that automatically reset the difficulty back to the easiest setting without warning the player. Fans, who thought they were playing the most difficult setting, demanded the sequel be harder.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 2101