_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939152 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20340 on: November 28, 2013, 12:27:29 pm »

((Speaking of the flesh amp overload, any idea of when Theodore can be recovered?))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: November 28, 2013, 12:28:40 pm »

Lars looks at Grate with a smile.  "There you go, son, that's a good idea..."
"...I was joking."

"Ahem. So, with HMRC nominally staying here, since I did overhear a bit of Steve intending leave some administration behind, whatever it is that goes out to fight the UWM must have a different name. If we're just naming the fighting force, OGRE works - we're strong, we're feared, we're not known for being subtle or employing smart tactics (and let it stay that way), but despite that we're a pretty complex thing. You could even say layered. Like an onion."
"Or a cake. Cakes have layers."

"It works as an acronym. We could work from there. A "Republic of Man", or "Mankind", but I can't think of what to use for the "A". Thoughts?"
"Awesome? Armed? Angry? Annoyed? Awesome? Did I say that already?"

Hop down out of Jim's arms, go around the Pony Predator lying on the floor, and poke Grate with my right forepaw.
((The what?))
"Hi, Lyra!"

Quote from: Several People
"Aren't you dead?"
"How are you still alive?"
"[I was?/I don't know.] I guess I came back to life like Miss Feyri did. Except I'm not a robot...What happened, anyway? I remember getting hit with a rock, and then some weird stuff, but...I'm not sure what happened."
Try to remember what I saw and whatnot before waking up.

((Oh, look, GMninja'd.))

-snip-
Grate nods.
"I don't care that much about the name. What will we be doing next?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: November 28, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

May stands up and puts her arms around Feyri's waist. She turns to face Jim, "I...bweh." She makes a bubbling noise with her lips and promptly shuts up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: November 28, 2013, 12:34:30 pm »

"Yea on staying as the HRMC."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: November 28, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »

"Yea on HMRC, I say. Names are meaningless presently, so we should go with what's nice and familiar, yes?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: November 28, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

"We should go with something different, something more ordered. The name HMRC does not inspire confidence."
"No, it inspires dread and the certainty of everything going topsy-turvy, keep it"

"Yea on HMRC"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:18:34 pm by Pancaek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: November 28, 2013, 12:49:10 pm »

Yea to the HMRC.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: November 28, 2013, 12:50:50 pm »

"Yea on staying as the HRMC."
"I disagree. No matter how much the veterans here got used to the name, to the universe at large the HMRC is a troop of horrible murderers, robbers, and other criminals. It's not like you all had any incentive to keep a good image before now, and just changing the words behind the acronym won't change the initial reactions. It's best if the HMRC remains a vague, remote threat - something that exists in the backs of the people's minds as the thing that brought about the change through violent murder and nuclear explosions. But I'd prefer if whatever we go out as, to fight the UWM and maybe free people from its rule, didn't have to get over the hurdle of its name whenever we have to deal with a populated settlement. My suggestions of OGRE, and ARM, still stand."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: November 28, 2013, 12:51:22 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING briefly stops his stretching and shuffles nervously when people start talking about Grate, but then goes back to his stretching.

"Well since "STEPHEN HAWKING and the other guys" is probably out, HMRC is fine" he says regarding the name.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: November 28, 2013, 01:02:46 pm »

Jim blinked and put a hand on her shoulder. He wasn't the best at comforting people, but he wanted to at least let May know he was there if she wanted to talk. Over his shoulder, he said, "I'm fine with staying as the HMRC for right now."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: November 28, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »

How about a different idea? We're out to conquer a galaxy, and the center of the galaxy is the core. But, to abuse the English language, we already were - a Corps. Maybe to get the galaxy into proper shape and order, what we need... is a strong ARM.

((I was about to ask if that was a TA reference until I saw the link.  Good taste in gaming, there.))

Lars looks at Grate.  "Blessed be the miracles of the gods!  Surely Steve's divine will hath breathed life back into your flesh."

He looks lovingly at Steve as he talks.  "I am happy with the will of others.  General Jim thinks it  is good, and he is very wise."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: November 28, 2013, 01:23:54 pm »

Lars looks at Grate.  "Blessed be the miracles of the gods!  Surely Steve's divine will hath breathed life back into your flesh."
"Um...maybe? I don't think so. Steve, did you breathe life back into my flesh or something like that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: November 28, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »

Gorat looks at the commotion surrounding Grate with some disbelief and mostly tries to ignore it. He really doesn't have the context to judge anything about what happened.

"Nay to keeping HMRC, whether as a new abbreviation or the old," he instead turns to matters he did understand. "That would be an even worse message to send than a bureaucratic name - rather than saying 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, meatslaves', it would be saying 'Meet the new boss, worse than the old boss, hide your valuables and invest in private bunkers, we're criminals and proud of it.'"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #20353 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:18 pm »

((The what?))

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: November 28, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

Nay on keeping HMRC, if I have to say one way or another. It would likely backfire and make the populace turn to the UWM, if anything.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2101