_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938595 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19155 on: October 05, 2013, 09:42:20 pm »

((Morul used his magic goggles to get a glimpse, and he saw some sort of horror with sharp teeth, snapping jaws, and waaaaaay to many arms stretching for him. Cog was also present at Faiths'.... improvements, and heard squishing noises as he took his mask off. He didn't look because the Doctor told him not to, and I assumed it would be... unwise to disobey.))
((I get the feeling that he and the AM are of the same breed. Because there's totally no evidence, right?

Now, the question is, what breed of thing are they?))
((IIRC AM said that Doc was there like he is now when she got there.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19156 on: October 05, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »

((The AM is human, that much seems certain. She also seems to dislike the Doctor, although the reason is up for debate. I believe it may be the Doctors' general lack of shits to give about life. Sure he'll patch you up, maybe upgrade you, but it seems to be only for his own amusement, or perhaps, depending on the request, a challenge. The AM is more a people person who, if not cares, at least acknowledges you as more than a lump of flesh.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19157 on: October 05, 2013, 09:51:15 pm »

((Morul used his magic goggles to get a glimpse, and he saw some sort of horror with sharp teeth, snapping jaws, and waaaaaay to many arms stretching for him. Cog was also present at Faiths'.... improvements, and heard squishing noises as he took his mask off. He didn't look because the Doctor told him not to, and I assumed it would be... unwise to disobey.))
((I get the feeling that he and the AM are of the same breed. Because there's totally no evidence, right?

Now, the question is, what breed of thing are they?))
((The awesome breed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19158 on: October 05, 2013, 10:02:39 pm »

((The AM is human, that much seems certain. She also seems to dislike the Doctor, although the reason is up for debate. I believe it may be the Doctors' general lack of shits to give about life. Sure he'll patch you up, maybe upgrade you, but it seems to be only for his own amusement, or perhaps, depending on the request, a challenge. The AM is more a people person who, if not cares, at least acknowledges you as more than a lump of flesh.))
((Eh. I was basing it off the fact that the AM seems unwilling to let anyone see her with any sort of true-sight, like the goggles, IF I RECALL CORRECTLY. That, and she and the Doctor seem to work together, are both extremely powerful, etc.

But yes, though they may be different, they are most certainly awesome.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19159 on: October 05, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »

((Would you want someone looking at you through goggles that can see through clothing?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19160 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:48 pm »

(( So, here's my full statement on 'why the med bay is (probably) safe'.

1) We have been told that the executors would feel 'weird' to the touch, and all the civies in the med-bay were transported via being lifted onto a hover trolley. I would hope that the person who did the transporting was not unaware enough to notice the difference. ( Of course, I did the transporting, so there's a bet I won't be taking >.< )

2) Steve has shown that he has a lot of awareness in his ship. He knows when amps are in use, who's messing with what, etc. I find it highly doubtful that an Executor could have disguised himself as a civie, been taken to the medbay, and examined by the staff, without Steve, the Doctor, or anyone on the Medical team realizing something was wrong.

3) By all indications, they were not here for us. They were preparing for something, but not specifically Steve. The civies were injured as almost literally the first action, so it seems incredibly unlikely that an Executor would have been on hand at the exact right moment to become an injured civie and get taken aboard, or even control one. As for mind control, it's been my understanding that it is a fairly short-range affair. And if one of them had an implanted suggestion of some form, I am confident in the Sword's med-bay being able to handle it without resorting to massacre.

In short, unless you are IC that paranoid about them, leave the poor civies out of it. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them were Sword crew, not random people that Steve isn't familiar with from the facility. :P

... also, it wouldn't surprise me if Steve electrocuted you for trying. So have fun!  :D))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19161 on: October 06, 2013, 12:00:19 am »

((Would you want someone looking at you through goggles that can see through clothing?))

((I concur with this hypothesis. More likely than she has any secret robot/alien parts is that certain people seem to take a heightened interest in her, which she doesn't take a liking too at all. She could view those perpetrators similarly to times in your life in which you had to focus on things, and there were people around that didn't care about your goal or even tried to purposely distract you. Now, what would you have done in those situations if you had hyper-psychic powers?

She's too focused on her magazines for that bullshit. On that note, has it ever been established what kind of magazines she reads? If not, I'd say there's a 50% chance that she reads about the latest military, technological and 'space-magic' developments of the day, and another 50% chance she's looking at naked dudes.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19162 on: October 06, 2013, 12:48:34 am »

-Home Team-

Await Lab Results on my venom, listen to my surroundings, and stare into the building with all the windows. Would I be able to see someone setting up a sniper position in there? also look at the lighting for the area, is there any way to make the docking area dark and the building with all the windows brightly lit?

Still lying down on the crate, nuzzle Astra's hand nearest me for two seconds, then look up at her face for another three seconds.

((I'm on FailNet, and will have trouble posting tomorrow as well. I should be able to post properly on Monday.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:50:20 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19163 on: October 06, 2013, 02:23:54 am »

Quote from: Xan->Away Team
If no objections I'll kill them. No use leaving them lying where they could ambush us.

If no one objects, fry the brains of the hostages into soup, then follow along very carefully. Stay at the beck of the group and try to intuit if anyone's a dirty traitor.

Stacy notices the message, and decides to clarify.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Genocidal Superbuddy Xan
Hey, genocidal superbuddy!

I'm writing to you to confirm that yes, it would be preferable to freeze, melt or freezemelt all those people - the spooky lads we're dealing with will be all too keen to take control of them and utilize them to slay and confuse us! That is, if one of them is not, in fact, a spooky dude himself. Free your genocidal urges! No prisoners!

Love, Stacy Buttle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19164 on: October 06, 2013, 03:55:05 am »

-away team-
Feeling a sudden target on his back, Armitage drops down and looks around at any windows.

if crouching near survivors seems safe, take time to give them a full check-over. See if there's something in the middle, feel their clothing, etc. If all comes away clear, Strip them and wear their clothing, as well as passing civvie clothes to any human-looking people on the Away-team, before cautiously checking out the hangar.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:27:07 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19165 on: October 06, 2013, 04:29:07 am »

-No Team Like Home-
Quote from: Thomas to Steve
Excuse me, but, yeah... What exactly is coming after us? A sniper of some sort? With psychic abilities? Is there anything else you could tell me?
Go find May, stay near her. Keep the invisible armor on.
"May, I'm heading towards you, alright? I'm in some stealth gear though, so don't be suprised."
Thomas said through the comms.
Upon his arrival, he takes a moment to try and intuit where he would go and what he would do if he were in the Shadow Walker's position.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19166 on: October 06, 2013, 05:09:58 am »

-Home Team-

Await Lab Results on my venom, listen to my surroundings, and stare into the building with all the windows. Would I be able to see someone setting up a sniper position in there? also look at the lighting for the area, is there any way to make the docking area dark and the building with all the windows brightly lit?

Still lying down on the crate, nuzzle Astra's hand nearest me for two seconds, then look up at her face for another three seconds.

((I'm on FailNet, and will have trouble posting tomorrow as well. I should be able to post properly on Monday.))

Quote from: Astra --> Lyra
Was that you saying yes to the buddy system? wait you want me to keep stroking don't you

proceede with the stroking of lyra, using the hand that does not have the viewscreen strapped to it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19167 on: October 06, 2013, 06:26:53 am »

-away team-
Feeling a sudden target on his back, Armitage drops down and looks around at any windows.

if crouching near survivors seems safe, take time to give them a full check-over. See if there's something in the middle, feel their clothing, etc. then move cautiously to hangar entrance
((Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Extreme Gropefest Spectacular))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19168 on: October 06, 2013, 08:29:56 am »

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Genocidal Superbuddy Xan
Hey, genocidal superbuddy!
((He's not genocidal, don't be absurd.
That implies that he restricts most of his murders to one ethnic group. He's more omnicidal.))

((Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Extreme Gropefest Spectacular))
((Dammit, don't give piecewise ideas!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19169 on: October 06, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

((He's not genocidal, don't be absurd.
That implies that he restricts most of his murders to one ethnic group. He's more omnicidal.))

((Genocide rolls off the tongue better. It's simply more fun to say than omnicide. The "omni-" bit is just so unwieldy.))
Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 ... 2101