_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929887 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13740 on: April 02, 2013, 04:34:15 pm »

Argh, I can barely stay conscious... this can't possibly be real... is... is that a skull? Why do I see a skull in front of me? Why is it made from lime green text?
Charles slowly staggers into the rec room his vision plagued by the phantasmal apparition of a skull and several blood-red "Possible fatality rate" indicators
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:37:40 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: April 02, 2013, 04:35:53 pm »

((Accursed lack of definitives with reasonable back up :I))

...Big Sister?...What is he thinking?

Feyri smiled at Grate as she gathered the clothing requested from the AM back from that corner, "Well, the first thing you should know is that here in the HMRC -- and everywhere else, in general, you make the final choice to your action; every other voice in it is only to influence you.

"Meaning, yes. Do something. I've no idea who this 'Xan' is, but if he's breaking anything important to the ship, Steve will take care of him. I hope you were told of Steve, because you can't just destroy anything and get away with it scot-free. Maybe you heard something else?

"Anyway, yes. There is a lot of important stuff around, did you see the Virtual Reality machines? Pretty much you could do there -- Tinker, build and create in a free environment, make your own designs, adapt a new design to a conventional one...much to do on the ship.

"And I'm personally against facing another person and doing something forceful to them, so I'd advise you not to attack anyone unless its in self-defense. We're always here if you'd need help Grate."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »

((Do stat requirements apply while I'm in the VR program?))
((During Battle of Hexbarax? I think so, unless you say otherwise.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: April 02, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »

((Do stat requirements apply while I'm in the VR program?))
((During Battle of Hexbarax? I think so, unless you say otherwise.))
((Very well.))
Preparing to drop
Laser Rifle and 2 charge packs
Tesla Arc
Crystalline Projector and 2 charge packs
Megaton Charge x2
Gravity Manipulator Amp
Organo-Tissue Dominator Amp
Mass Manipulation Amp
Neurophotonic Spinal Column
Trauma Partition Membrane Therapy
Advanced Kit x2
Pain Killers
Battle Stims
Emergency Kit x2
Anti-Shock Meds
Oh and of course Kinetic Amplifier.
Okay, I think I'm breaking the system enough now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:20:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: April 02, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

"Steve? ...Oh, that Steve! Sure! HEY STEVE! CAN YOU HEAR ME? A GUY NAMED XAN IS GOING TO BREAK STUFF!

"Anyways. Who was that other lady? What's her name? Do you often look at her naked? Have you known her long? Does she know Jim? Was the Jim you wanted a lockit of the big four-armed guy? Were you talking about Jim? Why are you looking at me like that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: April 02, 2013, 10:02:22 pm »

Oooooohhhh dear, I think he missed my memo.

Feyri was genuinely smiling at how the boy came up with his questions. Somehow, he did...remind her of the past -- so innocent. So curious.

"Her name is May, Grate. And no, she's not...always like that. Its just on something we were talking about and she decided to..." argh, how do I say this...umm... "answer my questions firsthand.

"If I'm right, then yeah, I've known her long. And I guess she knows Jim and...a lockit? Unsure about that but I know Jim when I see him. Brilliant man he is. Very smart and gentlemanly..."

She trailed off in description and sincerity until her mind repeated the last line that Grate said, twice over for clarity.

"-...And I was just thinking. Nothing wrong, I tend to do that sometimes, haha!" She gave the kid a kiss on the top of his head. "Its just that you remind me of someone I held dear. Very much, in such a short time...Anyway. What are you going to do, son?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »

((I'm down with the fight club but I can make do with the Easter egg hunt of death.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13747 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

Keep Dredging. Try closing one eye to see if it will help comprehend the tuna. If that doesn't work, toss it into space and fire one of the swivel guns at it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »

"You'd said you wanted a lockit that represented Jim. And who do you remind me of? And I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now...maybe play a game?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »

"You'd said you wanted a lockit that represented Jim. And who do you remind me of? And I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now...maybe play a game?"
((That was in a message to the AM, you didn't see that unless you've some kind of wire tap device on you...which I'm really unsure how it works given the way we use our wristpads in sending messages.))
Also, Feyri sends in a message to the AM. "Could I get a Locket -- something which represents Jim? Like a snapshot of how he was before he came into the HMRC? Thank you ma'am."[/b]
...((Though I did block your sight. Meh. Good catch :/))

Cheese and crackers darnit.
"Let's keep both of that a secret for now Grate...I'm uncomfortable with the memory - its complicated who you remind me of. And...also on the Jim part, let nobody else know, OK?" She tapped his nose along with a cheery giggle, "Our little secret, I want to surprise him for all he did for me.

"Also, games are good. Just head over to the recreation room and set up in the VR machine. Pick either Duel or Tinker for that; or we could spar...though I don't know how that'd work, seeing our...difference."
In height? Gender? Age? Dunno...

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: April 03, 2013, 12:33:15 am »

((
Spoiler: Birthday! (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Spoiler'ed for reading convenience.
@Tiruin Sorry for not following your request throughout. Read it already after posting, and, generally, I was aiming here for a potential discussion rather than a finalized vote of mine. Eh, another thread in order not to clutter this one, perhaps?))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:00:15 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:29 am »

WARNING:  I have been visited by a muse.  Open the below spoiler at your own mortal peril.
((I chuckled.))

I don't know how I should feel.
((Righteous and just, for you have channeled The Upwelling and made it manifest.))

Ok so here's the ideas as to Birthday gifts:

nyars' easter egg hunt: Hidden capsules around the ship in various devious places. Potential fatality rating: Medium

Wheel of Fate: A giant gambling wheel with 100 different results. Costs 1 token to play. Results range from potentially very good to potentially very bad. Potential Fatality rating: Medium (Averages out)

Fight Club: You know dog fights and cock fights? Well, now it's human fighting time. Various ship sanctioned fights between willing contestants and those who have, lets say, behaved poorly. Crew and inmates bet on the outcome and winner gets a portion of the winnings. Matches range from KO and first blood to straight up death matches. Potential Fatality Rating: High.

A VR program of the inmate's choice: Suggestions for a new VR program are rounded up and the highest voted one gets made into a new vr program. Potential fatality rating: Low.
((Egg hunt sounds kind of dull as is. It just doesn't seem like the ship's large enough for there to be many interesting hiding spots, Piecewise's designated guarding spot excluded. Taking place in VR or a hallucination or something might make it more interesting despite making it less "real," though you might need to add penalties to compensate for the fact that nobody could get hurt for real normally.

Wheel of Fate sounds fun. Does depend on the results, though, especially since it's comparable to buying from Nyars.

Fight Club sounds fun, but a lot of matches would probably be fairly one-sided, at least between players. It also seems a bit simple for a birthday celebration.

VR Program sounds tricky to judge. Obviously we'd need to figure out what we wanted before we could say, but couldn't we just make most programs ourselves anyway?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: April 03, 2013, 02:35:14 am »

((Idea for VR program: Way Back Machine. Allow a group of VR players to replay a previous HMRC mission, as reconstructed from recovered footage and materials, with optional/mandatory (as necessary) embellishments by the AI to make the mission more/less difficult to anyone who already knows how the mission played out before, as well as to fill in any areas the teams have not explored in the original attempt. Betting pool for outcome optional.

I'm mostly thinking of the dam mission here, but I'm sure there could be people willing to try their hands at the other missions as well, like the robot dome. The strange anomalies and things that the teams wouldn't have known would simply be generated in VR, since it's fairly easy to warp and defy physics in virtual space.

Oh, and could probably make the neurosynchronous whatchamacallit thing mandatory for these. No pain, no gain, as they say. :P))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:39:41 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: April 03, 2013, 02:39:52 am »

((Idea for VR program: Way Back Machine. Allow a group of VR players to replay a previous HMRC mission, as reconstructed from recovered footage and materials, with optional/mandatory (as necessary) embellishments by the AI to make the mission more/less difficult to anyone who already knows how the mission played out before, as well as to fill in any areas the teams have not explored in the original attempt. Betting pool for outcome optional.

I'm mostly thinking of the dam mission here, but I'm sure there could be people willing to try their hands at the other missions as well.))
Change my vote to this. Though if it's inconvenient for PW, I'll vote for Easter Eggs.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:10:32 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 2101