_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926028 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11340 on: January 13, 2013, 01:50:48 am »

Guess im gonna have to use overcharge circuitry to make my stakes fly faster  :(
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:00 am »

((I doubt Corsair's weapon would reach the prototype stage, it's primary components (the VFM and GFM) have a total cost of 26 tokens not including any parts required to program them. Chances are, the full weapon (i.e. the VFM, the GFM, the body, the programming parts, the last-resort, the computer and the generator) would cost over 30 tokens thus making it more expensive than an Avatar of War and it would require 15 Int to use, which I don't think any PC has.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:59:17 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: January 13, 2013, 01:59:12 am »

((I doubt Corsair's weapon would reach the prototype stage, it's primary components (the VFM and GFM) have a total cost of 26 tokens not including any parts required to program them. Chances are, the full weapon (i.e. the VFM, the GFM, the body, the programming parts, the last-resort, the computer and the generator) would cost over 30 tokens thus making it more expensive than an Avatar of War and it would require 15 Int to use, which I don't think any PC has.))

((I highly doubt it'll even come together in Tinker, much less prototyping. Like I said, the total lock-out of manipulators would make it hard.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: January 13, 2013, 02:55:56 am »

((Well if the calculations are completely random (which wouldn't make much sense) Then instead I would just place the interface for both side by side under the sights, Also the gravity manipulator is only going to be on startup creating the singularity and during operation only maintaining size and position, also it would be surrounded by lead or even iridium shielding to prevent what little radiation that created at every where except the poles where admittedly everyone gets free involutary x-rays. Finally the frame could easily be switched for an old broken weapon shell.  ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:02 am »

((Plus, again, do we know that manipulating electron vectors or creating singularities on demand is viable? I'd be surprised if, even if everything else functioned as intended, those manipulators could actually do what he wanted them to using a reasonable operator.))

((Well if the calculations are completely random (which wouldn't make much sense)))
((Nobody in the HMRC, and likely not many people outside it, have any idea how manipulators work. They produce equations that need to be solved in order to take effect, but the equations are different each time and don't conform to any known patterns- in short, we don't know how they're generated or what they do.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: January 13, 2013, 03:03:02 am »

((Corsair: The problem isn't the weapon casing, the problem is that the total cost of the generators, manipulators and shielding would still probably be greater or equal to the price of an Avatar of War, plus no PCs can use it as 15 Int is required for the VMF calculations. You may be able to reduce the cost by making the vector manipulator redirect radiation as a beam thus increasing offensive power and making the shielding unnecessary. You may want to create a weapon using units that you can currently use first as even if you are able to create it, you wouldn't have enough Int to use it, unless of course, the Doctor is looking for patients to modify into entities specialized in using field manipulators.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:16:16 am by Empiricist »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: January 13, 2013, 03:15:31 am »

((Well if the calculations are completely random (which wouldn't make much sense) Then instead I would just place the interface for both side by side under the sights, Also the gravity manipulator is only going to be on startup creating the singularity and during operation only maintaining size and position, also it would be surrounded by lead or even iridium shielding to prevent what little radiation that created at every where except the poles where admittedly everyone gets free involutary x-rays. Finally the frame could easily be switched for an old broken weapon shell.  ))

((So the singularity is within the actual barrel of the gauss cannon shell?

Anyways, PW has said that they don't even know how manipulators/amps work, nor why they require seemingly random calculations, even for repeated tasks. Also, this thing is going to be nigh-impossible to use, considering that not only do you have to have the INT stats to use those manipulators, but using them drains the invisible "mind points". The shielding would be exceedingly heavy, the radiation you'd be dealing with is Gamma, not just X-ray, possibly neutron, as well, which would require something like paraffin for shielding, and once again, this is all for a perfect roll just for generating the singularity. And again, there's the extreme tidal forces that it would exert, as well as the relativistic effects, and the fact that an enclosed area would rapidly be turned into a vacuum, and an open one would still have major effects on the atmosphere. And the fact that you cannot shut down the singularity once it is generated, nor move it, nor control the size of it.

Not to even begin mentioning the cost.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:19:19 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: January 13, 2013, 03:19:59 am »

((Well have you any better idea as to the disposal of the matter that is dragged towards the gun when it uses super vacuum mode?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:05 am »

((You probably don't even need the GFM and singularity, you can just have the VMF dispose of the waste by propelling them into the bodies of  your enemies. Without a GFM, the unit would be 14 tokens cheaper and probably more powerful as you would be irradiating people with their own body parts.))
((Edit: You could probably achieve the same effects with a Magnetic Field Manipulator, costs 6 tokens less and only requires 8 Int thus allowing you to use it right away. You could just use magnetic fields to do the whole subatomic Jack the Ripper business and then dispose of the particles by using fields to redirect them at the target. It would probably be even more powerful as you would be irradiating people with their own bodyparts.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:41:47 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: January 13, 2013, 06:22:56 am »

((Hmm, That seems to be a good idea although I really like having the ability to dispose of the waste of my WMD with a WMD))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: January 13, 2013, 06:55:00 am »

((You still would be, it's just that you would be using the same unit rather than a separate unit.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:52 am »

((Also Magnetic fields are part of the Electro-Weak force so theoretically I would be Able to generate electromagnetic radiation or less theoretically create lightning bolts))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: January 13, 2013, 07:26:51 am »

((However, the issue that field manipulators cannot be computer automated still stands. Thus you're better off using an unmodified field manipulator (or at least one that is not directly modified i.e. modifying the power supply or adding some sort of peripheral device without tampering with the classified insides.). If you only buy a Kinetic Amp for your first mission and survive, you can turn in it in for half it's original price (rounded down) for one token, you would still have two unspent tokens and at least 5 tokens from your mission, meaning you would have at least 8 tokens which is enough to buy a Magnetic Field Manipulator.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:28:23 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: January 13, 2013, 08:09:16 am »

((Then I can recreate the events of mission 4!))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: January 13, 2013, 01:06:41 pm »

Return to the Rec Room, see what's on TV.

"G'morning, whichever aspects of each apply."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 2101