_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932703 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10950 on: December 10, 2012, 04:31:37 am »

(( As much as I'd love you to just for the lulz of it, I believe PyroDesu already has or planned to make a lot of interesting stuff about that particular planet (I might be quite wrong, in no way I would want to impose anything on anyone). So let's say I downloaded a bunch of their books (the society there seems advanced enough to have sites on the Net, not to mention the digital (versions of) books themselves) and the details will get worked out later, one way or another.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: December 10, 2012, 04:38:05 am »

(Ah, well. I'll look up the planet Ezyo later and you can dump all that stuff on me. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: December 10, 2012, 06:52:34 am »

((I think I'll just give guidelines, really, since I'm not up to creating an entire fictional planet around the few tidbits I've mentioned before at the moment.

Altair IV is a planet who's principle industries are research and engineering. There are three "common" languages, Latin in the scientific fields, German in the engineering, and then just plain English, which everyone speaks. Main population centers are Arcologies, with most labor being robotic. Citizens as a whole have a high degree of intelligence, and arrange themselves in different centers of family depending on their main field (Hence my whole Aurea-Inanis/Ferratum-Inanis, the family name is Inanis, the different centers are Aurea (Mainly scientific) and Ferratum (Mainly engineering), and perhaps a few yet to be seen ones.) There are several large research groups who have labs there, including Spectrum, Subach-Innes, and Akheton, the three largest. Among engineering corporations that have a presence, Triton Dynamics, RNI Systems, and Nankam. The planet itself is mostly oceanic (hence the arcologies).

That's all I have time for for now.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:50:05 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: December 10, 2012, 10:07:40 am »

"Whew. That's over. Wonder what those machines are for."

Examine the machines on the wall.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: December 10, 2012, 10:34:52 am »

"Well, that was easy enough. Wonder why it got corrupted in the first place."

Write down a list of known issues with the game, potential additions afforded by the move to a better platform, and ideas gleaned from TV and reports from other inmates about their missions, filtered through the lens of the shoot-and-run genre, in order to have a battleplan for improving the game.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: December 10, 2012, 10:47:45 am »

Off with his head.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:08 am »

Now get out mech and fatality him with katana.

*Evil Chuckle*

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10957 on: December 10, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »

((I think I'll just give guidelines, really, since I'm not up to creating an entire fictional planet around the few tidbits I've mentioned before at the moment.

Altair IV is a planet who's principle industries are research and engineering. There are three "common" languages, Latin in the scientific fields, German in the engineering, and then just plain English, which everyone speaks. Main population centers are Arcologies, with most labor being robotic. Citizens as a whole have a high degree of intelligence, and arrange themselves in different centers of family depending on their main field (Hence my whole Aurea-Inanis/Ferratum-Inanis, the family name is Inanis, the different centers are Aurea (Mainly scientific) and Ferratum (Mainly engineering), and perhaps a few yet to be seen ones.) There are several large research groups who have labs there, including Spectrum, Subach-Innes, and Akheton, the three largest. Among engineering corporations that have a presence, Triton Dynamics, RNI Systems, and Nankam. The planet itself is mostly oceanic (hence the arcologies).

That's all I have time for for now.))

Ie, Maurice should be expecting a lot of technical manuals and very little poetry. Okie dokie.

"Whew. That's over. Wonder what those machines are for."

Examine the machines on the wall.

Eh? You lost me. What machine?

"Well, that was easy enough. Wonder why it got corrupted in the first place."

Write down a list of known issues with the game, potential additions afforded by the move to a better platform, and ideas gleaned from TV and reports from other inmates about their missions, filtered through the lens of the shoot-and-run genre, in order to have a battleplan for improving the game.

(God you're giving me leeway. This is a terrible idea.)

[int:6]
Problems with game:
It's a shoot'n run.
It's not a farm equipment fighting simulator.
It has graphics.
It's not text based.
It's coded entirely in hyperjava.
it's intro screen is nothing but a 10 page list of swears accompanied by farting noises.
All the characters are racist stereotypes that don't make sense. Your favorite is the black guy with the cello. Fucking black people and their innate capacity to play the cello.
It has gratuitous nudity and violence, but not enough of either. Never enough of either.

Off with his head.
[dex:3+1+1]
[str:3+1]
You swing hard and wait as the blade moves excruciatingly slowly until it hits his neck. It doesn't decapitate him, but it does cleave his neck and half his spine in half, leaving the head hanging on by just a thread. He collapses. Very slowly. Your head is starting to hurt.

Now get out mech and fatality him with katana.

*Evil Chuckle*
You get out of the mech, swing your arms around and the man becomes a baby.

"Damn, wrong code."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: December 10, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

Poetry by scientists and techniticians should be fun! Well, at least it would feel rather novel. I hope.
Download the books I've found in those libraries onto my datapad. It's a piece of high-tech machinery, surely it should have enough space for a few hundred - or maybe thousand - titles, right?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

Respwan civilian and impale him with sword. And he can react.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: December 10, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

((Soft sciences are there too. Expect philosophy.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: December 10, 2012, 03:06:22 pm »

((The VR machines. I'm assuming they are expensive and therefore rare on poor planets. So Morul hasn't seen one before.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »

Throw him off of me back towards the door and shoot or slash him, whichever is easier.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10963 on: December 11, 2012, 01:44:20 am »

Poetry by scientists and techniticians should be fun! Well, at least it would feel rather novel. I hope.
Download the books I've found in those libraries onto my datapad. It's a piece of high-tech machinery, surely it should have enough space for a few hundred - or maybe thousand - titles, right?
You decide to go for medium quality scans to save some space and fill up a good third of the pad. 34,503  books.

Respwan civilian and impale him with sword. And he can react.

Again his reaction is "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA " Followed by a short synopsis of the greek epic "The Odyssey" followed by more "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

((The VR machines. I'm assuming they are expensive and therefore rare on poor planets. So Morul hasn't seen one before.))

Ah, ok. Thats true, just wasn't expecting it.

You walk over to the VR machines and give them a good poking about; looking over the chair, cautiously trying on the gloves and fitting the visor on your head.

The screen in front of you displays the usual available programs:
Battle of Hexbarax
Poacher
Punch many things
Tinker
Duel

Throw him off of me back towards the door and shoot or slash him, whichever is easier.
The simulation stutters as someone next to you shakes your machine. After the shutter you're standing outside the building again and the door is closed. The first dead man is there but the second man is no where to be seen. Huh.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: December 11, 2012, 04:16:09 am »

Niiice.
Leave the computer be and take a seat by the nearest VR machine instead; enter the tinker. Look up information about wetware AI programming.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:50:31 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2101