_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926920 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #10170 on: November 16, 2012, 07:57:33 am »

If it were a subtler or diplomatic thing, then why are us full borgs coming along? Surely that would... unnerve any kind of diplomatic thing, then again, we're the HMRC. Why would we be sent on a diplomatic thing?))
((Well, a borg is just a robot, not a monster, and officially genetic augmentation is illegal, while cybernetic augmentation is not. There's plenty of possible situations where the locals would be fine with one and not the other.

By diplomatic I mainly meant cooperating with the locals more than we have been. So far we've had a few guides, but it's still basically been pointing us at whatever they/we need done and letting us have at it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: November 16, 2012, 08:02:54 am »

((If there's still s a spot left, I'd like to volunteer.

frakking hell I haven't been following the ship thread and didn't see you were already recruiting))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:45 am »

"Oh. What sort of size would you recommend then?"

Ask.

((I believe I got a cloak specifically for he purpose of hiding my mutations?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:59 am »

EDIT: Apparently "Coggery" is a word meaning "deception." Master of Disguise indeed!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:30:52 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:34 am »

((I see I have already been volunteered.  Good thing, because I want in.  If you keep up your usual update times, I should be plenty active.))

Ah, indeed laser weaponry.  This divine being probably gets lots of invocations here.

Keep reading.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: November 16, 2012, 09:02:44 am »

Jobasio nodded thanks to the AM as he cradled his new rifle. "Thanks, Miss...?"

After receiving an answer (or none at all), he goes on: "The name's Jobasio. Jobasio Hootzal... I'm not sure how long I've been out, but perhaps you've heard of the Hootzal name." 'Somehow I doubt it- a mere Sector Governor admist all the reaches of space? I'm sure there are people on-board from all over. Stupid question.'
He shrugged, perhaps self-consciously, and examined his gauss rifle.
"So, I simply point this at the target and pull the trigger, correct?"

>Ask stupid questions.

>Then wander off to explore further, armed now. Examine fellow inmates, their customs and dispositions, as well as just what facilities are on the ship.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #10176 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

((@GM: Yeah, high energy projector, and I meant "sweep", my bad.))
[dummy con:4+3]
The Dummy takes aim as you charge forward and squeezes off a single shot. You feel your suit being lifted into the air as the outer layer of armor glows white hot and melts away, crumbling as you are hurled a dozen feet backwards and land flat on your back.
((@GM: Here. The HEP hit the battlesuit like a speeding semi-truck.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: November 16, 2012, 11:27:14 am »

((Looks like there are more applicants than spots at this point, but I'll toss my nonexistent hat in for the mission regardless. Someone has to be there to dopeslap Faith if she's about to do something dangerous.  :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »

((INT rolls for the chess, and I can make it.))
Play chess with May.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10179 on: November 16, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

Head to the Infirmary, don't ask the Doctor - anyone else is fine - and ask for a medical check-up and blood scan.
The nurse you find looks you over, checks your medical records, and then asks "Why? You're perfectly healthy, hard not to be when so much of you is artificial. "

((I would like to apply to the mission.))
"U-u-um evil overlord person, how much money do i have?, I sort of w-want to live."

>5 tokens.

You take the book and look at the first image:

Lukas studies the picture. "Fuck, that must be one hell of a flute player. Or...Wait." Lukas holds the book closer to his 'face.' "Maybe it's a trumpet."

Lukas looks at the next picture.

Just finished reading both threads of this great game. Can I join?

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Any mistake?
Looks good to me, welcome aboard. Also, if you're gonna be around for it, we've got a mission coming up here real soon and you can be on it.

((Argh, next week I'm off to a trade fair, and then almost immediately going off to grandparents for thanksgiving, where it'd be difficult to post in both situations, as I do not posses a (working) laptop. During the trade fair in Pigeon Forge, I might be able to pinch some time using my teacher's laptop, which I will be in possession of at least part of the time there, but I'm not sure if there'll be wifi (likely) nor how busy I will be (as Chief Financial Officer of the company, likely very), but I can try. As for at my grandparents' place, they have wifi and I might be able to convince my father to let me use his laptop once or twice.

However, in both locations, I will be able to post (so long as the hotel in Pigeon Forge has wifi), just with difficulty. Laptop or no, I have mobile devices that can access the internet and allow me to post, even though typing's a bitch with them.))
As long as you can mange to show up anything is fine, but if you don't think you can or that it will be erratic or too difficult, then you should let me know now since there are plenty of people who are waiting in line.

((I'm available, but it looks like all the slots are taken.

As for cameyes, nevermind the examination, I forgot how well-described they were. Other than motion tracking, I'd like to know how that works.

By "something cameyes don't do" I mainly meant other vision modes.))

Cameyes. Also see what they've got in terms of long-range sensors, like radar.
Motion tracking basically highlights moving objects, makes them glow.

As per vision modes, do you have a specific idea in mind? Because I don't want to  just throw random stuff up till I guess it if you have something specific in mind.

And in terms of radar, yeah, they have radar, and sonar and Alien like motion tracking and stuff.

((I'm available, but it looks like all the slots are taken.))

((You're on the list.))

The wind of progress blows on the soul of man. Death is the answer.

Show them the truth of oblique metaphors. Spread the word.

((Also: 20-person mission = awesome mass destruction.))
Most of the crowd is actually leaving already, apparently a bit weirded out by your antics. You try to lure them back with tales of how you totally murdered that guy and made his body into a club but that just makes them leave faster.

"IT WAS A METAPHOR!" you shout after them "A METAPHOR!"

((I could've sworn you said left. Oh well...))

See you in a few, Jim. I'm going to see what kind of consolation prize I'll get with this coupon.

Find this Nyars and see what, exactly, the coupon is worth, in terms of what he sells.

((
((You're on the list.))
((Oh, huh. So I am.))

((Also: 20-person mission = awesome mass destruction.))
((Possibly. On the other hand, the specific selection and lack of obvious mutants might imply a subtler or even more diplomatic objective.

Of course, the odds of 20 people coming back from a 20 person mission is pretty laughable, so there's gotta be something trying to murder us. Other than each other, presumably.))

If it were a subtler or diplomatic thing, then why are us full borgs coming along? Surely that would... unnerve any kind of diplomatic thing, then again, we're the HMRC. Why would we be sent on a diplomatic thing?))
"One of anything ya want." he says, squinting at the coupon, "Any size, any label. You choose"

"Oh. What sort of size would you recommend then?"

Ask.

"Oh, about as big as that Lizard I gave the albino. Small dog size."

(That cloak would work in some situations but...well you're not gonna be fooling anyone who takes a good look at you. Like Irony's picture illustrates)

((I see I have already been volunteered.  Good thing, because I want in.  If you keep up your usual update times, I should be plenty active.))

Ah, indeed laser weaponry.  This divine being probably gets lots of invocations here.

Keep reading.
Imma put you on hold a bit so I can work on finishing the last parts of the next mission and the current mission. Sorry. Reading will resume shortly.

Jobasio nodded thanks to the AM as he cradled his new rifle. "Thanks, Miss...?"

After receiving an answer (or none at all), he goes on: "The name's Jobasio. Jobasio Hootzal... I'm not sure how long I've been out, but perhaps you've heard of the Hootzal name." 'Somehow I doubt it- a mere Sector Governor admist all the reaches of space? I'm sure there are people on-board from all over. Stupid question.'
He shrugged, perhaps self-consciously, and examined his gauss rifle.
"So, I simply point this at the target and pull the trigger, correct?"

>Ask stupid questions.

>Then wander off to explore further, armed now. Examine fellow inmates, their customs and dispositions, as well as just what facilities are on the ship.
"It's just like a good old adventure game. Point and click. Use gun on man."

You wander around, find yourself all the available rooms and most of the available teammates. The ship seems to be comprised of mostly normal looking people, several partial and complete robots and even a handful of completely terrifying mutants. H

"How multi-cultural."

((@GM: Yeah, high energy projector, and I meant "sweep", my bad.))
[dummy con:4+3]
The Dummy takes aim as you charge forward and squeezes off a single shot. You feel your suit being lifted into the air as the outer layer of armor glows white hot and melts away, crumbling as you are hurled a dozen feet backwards and land flat on your back.
((@GM: Here. The HEP hit the battlesuit like a speeding semi-truck.))
Ah, close range, that explains it. The HEP has a fair bit of very physical impact behind it, especially at close range. It just kind of does by virtue of the weird way it works.

((INT rolls for the chess, and I can make it.))
Play chess with May.
[tom int:3]
[may int:1+1]
Thomas manages to squeeze out a win, but only just barely. May appears to spend the entire time playing under the delusion that they're playing connect 4.

"Pretty sneaky sis" She says as you declare checkmate.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »

The nihilists are leaving? Good. I tired of them anyway. Such fools.

Pelt the escaping nihilists with solipsist arguments. Once they're gone, absorb more pebbles.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:06:41 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10181 on: November 16, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »

Current roster for mission 8

Milno
Jim
Faith
Feyri
Ashley(Objective)
May
Mesk
Thomas
Bishop
Miyamoto
Sambo
Lars
Lukas
Renen
Simus
Kyle
Stacy
Flint
Pancaek

sorry to jac-jabic-jackinthebox and Bruce, but part of the selection process for those characters who aren't from completely new players is that they have to have some experience, ie a mission under their belt. We've got some people who have never been on a mission, Delthin, Derro,Arthur, but they're being very quiet so I am assuming they moved on or aren't around for now.

Everyone on that roster, stop your grin'n and drop your linen, it's time to get ready to go. Do anything you need to do and let me know if you aren't available, because if you don't get your ass to the briefing room by tomorrow morning at the latest, I'm gonna assume you're a no show and get someone else.

>Will the following Inmates report to the briefing room
Milno
Jim
Faith
Feyri
Ashley(Objective)
May
Mesk
Thomas
Sambo
Lars
Lukas
Renen
Simus
Kyle
Stacy
Flint

(Miyamoto, pancaek and bishop will report when they get back)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:05:16 pm by piecewise »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: November 16, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »

Wake up. Stretch.

"Oy. That may not have been the best place to fall asleep. Uh, Steve, were there any new killings, or is it marginally save now? Also, any news from the current mission? And is another one coming up?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: November 16, 2012, 03:05:41 pm »

Bruce heads to the armoury and says
"U-m m-m-miss two things, first can I have a c-crystalline projector, and secondly tell me truthfully am I f-f-f-fucked?"
The Above
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: November 16, 2012, 03:09:24 pm »

Wake up suddenly!

"SOLIPSISM IS UNFALSIFIABLE! Wait, where am I? Hey, look, I have two tokens!"

Quickly run off to the armory! Obtain monoatomic razor! Run back to the briefing room and take a good seat away from any clearly violent and subversive elements.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 2101