_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933833 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 2
« Reply #9960 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:51 am »

Be very, very ashamed of self. Go to the mess hall.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: November 13, 2012, 10:48:08 am »

((People died, while NOT EVEN IN THE TOURNEY?! Uhh. Yay? :/ ))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Broadcasting
Hi everyone!

Is nobody else interested in participating in the tournament set-up?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:27 am »

((People died, while NOT EVEN IN THE TOURNEY?! Uhh. Yay? :/ ))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Broadcasting
Hi everyone!

Is nobody else interested in participating in the tournament set-up?
Quote from: Thomas Harrison; Response
Is there some other way I could help? I've got nothing better to do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:18 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Thomas Harrison
You could join in. :P I've heard Milno is offering to sponsor anyone who can't pay.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:46 am »

((Lars is loving this.  Curious if that last one includes mind worms, evil MP3s, and HALLELUJAH buttons.  Reminds me of Nurgle.))

Lars would have to be careful with that one.

Reading keep!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: November 13, 2012, 10:58:49 am »

((Lars is loving this.  Curious if that last one includes mind worms, evil MP3s, and HALLELUJAH buttons.  Reminds me of Nurgle.))
Reminds [...]me of Nurgle.))
Reminds ((Nurgle.))
((The GM is practically bursting with ideas now. And another one is-...wait, that was already there anyway. :P))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: November 13, 2012, 10:59:23 am »

Quote from: Thomas Harrison=Feyri Nirel
Jim enlisted me as an announcer already, and I'd rather not get maimed. That happens to me enough on missions.   :P

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: November 13, 2012, 11:03:22 am »

Killing intent, well, that's a need for survival. I need to make one time or another. Who I want to kill...maybe that motherf*** that arrested me, or the assassin of the first mission, or even the one that exploded the manipulator in a star and made us fail the mission.

Imagine the guy that was controled with a MFM in Renen's first mission. Feel the desire to kill someone, to enter combat, the thrill of fighting and coming on top.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:38 pm »

"Hmm, thanks for the information, I'll check something." Milno said before moving on to check on the VR.

VR. Check how the human-sized version of an avatar of war's cloak resists a cutting laser, then an energy projector and a hail of 10 auto-fired standard gauss rounds.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9969 on: November 13, 2012, 03:04:00 pm »

((And here I am wondering how Travis got soooo rich when compared to those who lived from the first mission and is still poorer than them. Oh wait, that's just me.))

Examine Arming Sword, then examine Tesla Sabre - the latter for any sign of switches or sockets.
Your sword the jim made out of scrap metal does not have switches or sockets. It appears to be made of a sort of marbled, clearly not terribly pure alloy. Other then that, it's a fairly standard looking blade, about 3 feet long, pretty sharp.

The tesla sabre has an on off switch. And thats about it.

Dream of using a blunt knife with "UWM" written on it to stab the t-shirted individual several times.

This is also a metaphor.

"How cryptic." The man says as you murder him to death.

Pause sim, reset and mute opponent. Restart sim.

Play defensively, attempt to lock blades and disarm.

[dex:5]
[dum dex:6]
[str:1]
[dum str:2]
You lock blades but neither of you can push the other way. In fact you spend several seconds making nerdy grunting noises and failing to impress.

"So," Jobasio muttered to himself as he crept along the soulless white hallways, "The HMRC."
He had heard tales of it, not all of them particularly believable. In fact, most of them smacked of made-up nonsense. Nevertheless, it would probably be prudent to arm himself before going much further. And the angry young man always tried to be prudent.

>Seek some sort of makeshift weapon as I continue!

>Regardless of whether I find one, attempt to find someone to question about this ship and the HMRC system in general!

You can't really find anything to use as a weapon, so you go to the next best place: The armory!

((Yeah, just an exoskeleton that I can fit in.))

Well, you could probably talk to the armory master to get one modified for you.

Be very, very ashamed of self. Go to the mess hall.
You go to the mess hall, hanging your head in shame.

Lars would have to be careful with that one.

Reading keep!
The next page doesn't follow the same format as the others, it's simply a page with text, no heading and no image.

"Because of the nature of the Medic's pantheon, some in combat positions co-opt the symbols and names of the various gods for offensive purposes. For instance, Placing Sim-de's symbol on tanks of poison to make it more effective or Sulf'ada-zon's symbol on napalm bombs to ensure wide spread burning.

While such action have proven erratic in their effectiveness, when they do seem to work, the effects are devastating, both to the target and often to the soldier. It is recommended that the worshiper not use the gods outside of their prescribed roles, as the consequences may be dire."

Killing intent, well, that's a need for survival. I need to make one time or another. Who I want to kill...maybe that motherf*** that arrested me, or the assassin of the first mission, or even the one that exploded the manipulator in a star and made us fail the mission.

Imagine the guy that was controled with a MFM in Renen's first mission. Feel the desire to kill someone, to enter combat, the thrill of fighting and coming on top.
[will:5]
The world slows, almost to a stop, your body included, but your mind continues as normal. You stay like that for what feels like a minute but must only be a few seconds at best, before your head starts to ache. You relax and the world speeds back up to normal.

"Hmm, thanks for the information, I'll check something." Milno said before moving on to check on the VR.

VR. Check how the human-sized version of an avatar of war's cloak resists a cutting laser, then an energy projector and a hail of 10 auto-fired standard gauss rounds.
You want that cutting laser swept across you or concentrated on a single point? Regardless, standard gauss round plink off and the energy projector causes it to heat up to orange hot and for parts of it to fray and turn to ash, but most of it holds up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: November 13, 2012, 03:07:09 pm »

Sage advice.  Do not trifle with the divine.

Keep reading!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »

"Steve! Know of any material that can be a good alloy with normal...'medieval' styled metal for a sword? I'm sure all this voyage across space has given something new,"

Ask Steve!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: November 13, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

Wait, maybe this is actually allegory? It's so difficult to say. It's been thirty years since my last Literature class...

Build a more effective killing machine out of the man's remains. Carve the letters "HMRC" on its back.

We are done here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »

"Bored."

Exit VR and head to the Armory, and ask the AM how much it would cost to modify the MKIII exoskeleton to fit me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: November 13, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

((@GM: Sweeping attack, then see if it takes at least some seconds before the focused beam punches through the cloak.

Question: Does the cloak hinder the usage of the MkIII's rockets in any way?

Also, do I need a dex roll to sweep the cloak in front of Milno or around him? And if yes, how does that dex roll works?))

Milno smiles. The cloak seems really effective, an a light option of armor at that.

Check automatic manipulator-based propulsion - to replace rockets, that is. How fast they can go, if they are more unstable than fuel-propelled rockets and how quickly they exhaust the batteries.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:49:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2101